Next Last
St Larry the Godless

Meadville, PA

#1 Jan 22, 2013
mehh

Stow, OH

#2 Jan 22, 2013
bad

compared to mayors of other similar sized cities, he has done nothing.
Time for a change

Erie, PA

#3 Jan 22, 2013
Worst mayor ever.
Throw all imcumbents out

Erie, PA

#5 Jan 22, 2013
That Republican on council Evans that took over for PNC Bank's councilman has been a rubber stamp for Sinnott. What gives? Guy didn't say boo during the budget process. Some Republican he turned out to be.
Average Joe

Erie, PA

#7 Jan 22, 2013
Joe Blow wrote:
Bad attorney makes a bad mayor. Poster child for overeaters anonymous
So, what's the negative issue with the Mayor?
Joe Sinnotts Erie

Erie, PA

#8 Jan 22, 2013
Average Joe wrote:
<quoted text>So, what's the negative issue with the Mayor?
3 property tax increases and fee increases forcing people to leave the city or see their house values decline.

Dramatic increase in crime and shootings.

No economic development or new private investment in the city.

Crony hires like Kim Green (hired only because her mother and Joe's mother are friends), Fred Rush, Tony Pol, etc.

Multi-million dollar debacles like the Arby's townhouses, bumpouts, and $2 million for Perry Square.

Roads in terrible shape.

Overall arrogance from Joe and his cousin Laura Schaaf along with the rest of his staff and inner circle of Tullio era douchebags.
hard36

Erie, PA

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Sure is a bad thing! Way to set the town on fire Potholes. Good ol' barstool Joe has had 2 terms to jazz things up, and has had the easiest, kissass City Council to deal with in decades & still managed to fail. Unless you count stagnation as a triumph.
He decided to spend most of his time chasing photo ops, promoting do-nothing cronies into do-less positions, and has even managed to make Celebrate Erie a showcase of overpaid used to be musical celebrities. I would really enjoy an honest list of "what has he done" compared to past administrations.
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Running again? Judging by his weight I doubt if he's ever run at all!
skip the pee pee

Waterford, PA

#11 Jan 22, 2013
Anyone want to back my candidacy? Trust me. I'm just stupid enough to be serious.

First question. What as a Republican do I have to do?

Humor me. Give real answers.

As a candidate my first action will to give a post office box where every city resident can write what they want and the majority will win the way.

BTW it will be by snail mail. If you're too lazy to do that you are lazy at your peril.

My slogan? "Let's bring Ammo into our politics".(You'd have to know me to get that. I just hope I can get the Barzano's support. Especially Shelly's ;)

Humor me. Give me real answers.

Ammo

Waterford, PA

#12 Jan 22, 2013
Stu Pedaso wrote:
Running again? Judging by his weight I doubt if he's ever run at all!
I'm Ammo and I'm asking for your support.
Ammo

Waterford, PA

#13 Jan 22, 2013
My second order of business will be three fold.

First as Sinnot and I are both black belts we will appeal to HIS instructor as to who has showed more dedication or humility in the arts.

Secondly, as a candidate I challenge him to a beer drinking contest to see who can drink who under the table.

And finally I challenge him to give up drinking in favor, not just of a healthy lifestyle, but an exemplary lifestyle.
St Larry the Godless

Meadville, PA

#14 Jan 23, 2013
hard36 wrote:
and has even managed to make Celebrate Erie a showcase of overpaid used to be musical celebrities
News flashes for ya:

1) Celebrate Erie/We Love Erie Days has nearly always had has-beens as headliners; if you had any idea how much REAL acts would cost, you'd want someone strung up for even thinking of spending that kind of $$.

-and-

2) Mayor Sinnott, nor any other mayor, books or ever has booked the acts.
St Larry the Godless

Meadville, PA

#15 Jan 23, 2013
*Neither Mayor Sinnott...
skip the pee pee

Waterford, PA

#17 Jan 23, 2013
Ammo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Ammo and I'm asking for your support.
You're an idito.
skip the pee pee

Waterford, PA

#18 Jan 23, 2013
TaxNoMore wrote:
<quoted text>
You never really own your home as long as it can be taken from you for not paying your property taxes.
YouÂ’re simply paying rent to the government under threat of eviction.
You're an idito. Then you run.
music buff

Stow, OH

#19 Jan 23, 2013
St Larry the Godless wrote:
<quoted text>
News flashes for ya:
1) Celebrate Erie/We Love Erie Days has nearly always had has-beens as headliners; if you had any idea how much REAL acts would cost, you'd want someone strung up for even thinking of spending that kind of $$.
-and-
2) Mayor Sinnott, nor any other mayor, books or ever has booked the acts.
We had Derek Trucks here when he was 18 years old. A frigging prodigy on the slide guitar. Dickey Betts played here. He was 62, looked like 82, but played the shit out of it. Bernard Allison played at 8 great tuesdays. Opened with a killer rendition of jimmy's "voodoo child". Smoking hot. Lately its all shit at celebrate erie.
Erie rock city not

Erie, PA

#20 Jan 23, 2013
music buff wrote:
<quoted text>We had Derek Trucks here when he was 18 years old. A frigging prodigy on the slide guitar. Dickey Betts played here. He was 62, looked like 82, but played the shit out of it. Bernard Allison played at 8 great tuesdays. Opened with a killer rendition of jimmy's "voodoo child". Smoking hot. Lately its all shit at celebrate erie.
Amen.

How is it that the Port Authority can program 8 exceptional bands every summer with no money and Joe Sinnott and his pals can't deliver one decent act with a $100,000 budget? The music at Celebrate Erie was great under Filippi when Tammy Roche ran things.

I know that Joe personally signs off on all the music. He's a control freak.
hammer

Erie, PA

#21 Jan 23, 2013
Joe Sinnotts Erie wrote:
<quoted text>
3 property tax increases and fee increases forcing people to leave the city or see their house values decline.
Dramatic increase in crime and shootings.
No economic development or new private investment in the city.
Crony hires like Kim Green (hired only because her mother and Joe's mother are friends), Fred Rush, Tony Pol, etc.
Multi-million dollar debacles like the Arby's townhouses, bumpouts, and $2 million for Perry Square.
Roads in terrible shape.
Overall arrogance from Joe and his cousin Laura Schaaf along with the rest of his staff and inner circle of Tullio era douchebags.
that hits the nail on the head

Sinnot needs to go
ahhhh

Erie, PA

#22 Jan 23, 2013
Sinnot does whatever Rodger tells him to do.

Too bad Merski doesn't have any balls to run.

This city is going down the tubes fast. Irreparable damage is occurring at an exponential rate.
St Larry the Godless

Meadville, PA

#23 Jan 23, 2013
music buff wrote:
<quoted text>We had Derek Trucks here when he was 18 years old. A frigging prodigy on the slide guitar. Dickey Betts played here. He was 62, looked like 82, but played the shit out of it. Bernard Allison played at 8 great tuesdays. Opened with a killer rendition of jimmy's "voodoo child". Smoking hot. Lately its all shit at celebrate erie.
Trucks was an unknown except to Allman Bros. buffs -- same with Betts. Allison doesn't figure in to the conversation re: Celebrate Erie. All good acts, but good acts have been the exception and not the rule on the main stage.

Gary Puckett?
Johnny Rivers?
Joey Molland?
The "Beach Boys"?(Mike Love and some random backup band)
Peter Wolf, years after the last J.Geils hit?
Joan Jett, years after her last hit?

Nuff said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The oscars 3 min OO Fan 20
dnc divided over new chair. 13 min Clinton Foundation 6
Do you want a Tranny in your daughters bathroom? 13 min ZUGS CHUGS 61
If you vote for Bob Merski 24 min vote jason b 42
dog fighting BY UPSTANDING CITIZENS (Aug '16) 32 min Tyler 37
Jason Breandel and his Crack Habit 36 min mentally ill jason b 28
G.E. will be ending production in June 2017" p... 39 min Bldg 6 88
G.E. Breaking News 4 hr 7 days a week 48
ray ferritto - MOB hitman (Aug '11) Sat Stash Ropazewinski 155

Erie Jobs