tyler festa...what happend at court??
think about what you say

Erie, PA

#82 Jun 7, 2012
So what your saying is that if "he" was going ten miles under the school zone speed limit he was only going 5 miles per hour!? I doubt it and if that was the case the little girl probably would of had a better chance of living. Red or Yello Lights what does the difference make? slow the heck down and be cautious when you see any lights flashing on a school bus full of children.. if any lights were flashing that means it was in the process of stopping. I'm sure it sucks to be in his position but just think of the family that no longer has their little girl. Nothing will ever bring their little girl back because of a careless driver!
Withheld

Erie, PA

#83 Jun 7, 2012
Wasn't a school zone, it was a bus stop. Big difference there.

Was the driver the careless one or were there more than one careless people? No disrespect intended, but last I checked, students are to enter the street on RED lights. Drivers are to stop on RED lights.

The lights were yellow and kids were in the street. Draw your own conclusions.
angry parent

Bronx, NY

#84 Jun 11, 2012
He passed another bus w its yellow ligjts on at a high rate of at 97 n zwilling, that bus driver got on his cb n told our bus driver that he was heading her way. Y do u think she didnt put on her reds. My son was there. He did slow down then he gassed it n sped up to try to make it through there before the red lights came on. I hope he sees her bloody face in his windshield every night he closes his eyes for the rest of his life. Justice for ashley!!!! Buckle up for more than 1 civil suit. This aint over yet
Withheld

Erie, PA

#85 Jun 12, 2012
angry parent wrote:
He passed another bus w its yellow ligjts on at a high rate of at 97 n zwilling, that bus driver got on his cb n told our bus driver that he was heading her way. Y do u think she didnt put on her reds. My son was there. He did slow down then he gassed it n sped up to try to make it through there before the red lights came on. I hope he sees her bloody face in his windshield every night he closes his eyes for the rest of his life. Justice for ashley!!!! Buckle up for more than 1 civil suit. This aint over yet
__IF__ what you're saying is true, the dropped charges is a crime. HOWEVER, why was the alleged CB conversation you speak of either not submitted as evidence or not considered as heavily as it __should__ have been when the judge decided which charges stay/go?

Why was the "speeding up to make it through before the red lights came on" also not considered as heavily or submitted for evidence __IF__(NOTE THE BIG IF) things happened the way you've described them?

Since: Feb 10

Erie, PA

#86 Jun 12, 2012
angry parent wrote:
He passed another bus w its yellow ligjts on at a high rate of at 97 n zwilling, that bus driver got on his cb n told our bus driver that he was heading her way. Y do u think she didnt put on her reds. My son was there. He did slow down then he gassed it n sped up to try to make it through there before the red lights came on. I hope he sees her bloody face in his windshield every night he closes his eyes for the rest of his life. Justice for ashley!!!! Buckle up for more than 1 civil suit. This aint over yet
If that were true, it would have been borne out in the accident investigation. The prosecution has raised no such issue, nor did the accident investigation show an increase of speed. Besides, if, and only if, he did "speed" and pass another bus with its yellow lights on several miles earlier, what would that have to do with his actions when he went by the bus in question with its yellow lights flashing (when the investigation showed he was not speding, texting, drunk, or otherwise distracted)?

Since: Jan 09

Erie

#87 Jun 12, 2012
angry parent wrote:
He passed another bus w its yellow ligjts on at a high rate of at 97 n zwilling, that bus driver got on his cb n told our bus driver that he was heading her way. Y do u think she didnt put on her reds. My son was there. He did slow down then he gassed it n sped up to try to make it through there before the red lights came on. I hope he sees her bloody face in his windshield every night he closes his eyes for the rest of his life. Justice for ashley!!!! Buckle up for more than 1 civil suit. This aint over yet
I agree with everyone else. Nothing you say is credible. This information would have come out at some point and never did. Also, according to your own account of the events of that morning, maybe the first driver should have called the police and reported him. I do believe there is a state police station right down the road and they could have stopped him.

And just so you are up to date...nobody on here has said he wouldn't get nailed in civil court.
Rides with Thorns

Erie, PA

#88 Jun 12, 2012
Video showed students were in road before lights went on. He would only get "nailed" up to policy limits in a civil suit.
cheetos

United States

#89 Jun 12, 2012
For once I can say thank goodness for cameras. It doesn’t change the fact that a young girl lost her life and another young life is changed forever. It’s sad that everyone assumed this young man was breaking the law in some way and had already deemed him for hell.
A few years ago my son also 19 in an accident very close to home. He was heading to school when his longtime Sunday school teacher pull out in front of him, he swerved to avoid her and she swerved back into the other lane. Thank goodness nobody was hurt, her vehicle was totaled. Her husband showed up at the scene ranting about “Ignorant kids driving crazy, he should be shot and how we were going to buy him a new mini-van.” Mind you that the other was 10 years old.
The state police arrived and took their measurements and photos and it was a no brainer who was at fault seeing how she had a stop sign. Her husband was furious at the officer demanding he turn in his badge.(the guy is a complete a-hole, his 70 year old parents even apologized for his actions)
Anyhow, after the accident my son was treated like a criminal at church. Many remarks made that he should have been watching where he was going, how we should have paid… and so on. It’s been 3 years now and we never gone back, simply all because people assume that because he was a young driver it was his fault.
angry parent

Brooklyn, NY

#91 Jun 12, 2012
And another thing, u pp that think u know everything bout this crap. Is the da calling ur house or is he calling MINE?????
angry parent

Manchester, NH

#92 Jun 12, 2012
At the 2nd hearing they had that other bus driver on the stand but festa's lawyer n objected to that. This bus driver is the one that was doing cpr on ashley in the road. Yea, a bit fucked up. And..... The state police have statements from every kid up there that day n every one of them said they saw n heard him accelerate. Good question y none of it has bn braught up. I think that would b relevant information
Anonymous

Erie, PA

#93 Jun 12, 2012
The victim entered the roadway prior to the activation of the red lights on the school bus. This is an accident.
Rides with Thorns

Erie, PA

#94 Jun 12, 2012
Krakker wrote:
The victim entered the roadway prior to the activation of the red lights on the school bus. This is an accident.
Exactly that a terrible accident where none of the families involved will ever be the same.

Since: Jan 09

Erie

#95 Jun 12, 2012
angry parent wrote:
At the 2nd hearing they had that other bus driver on the stand but festa's lawyer n objected to that. This bus driver is the one that was doing cpr on ashley in the road. Yea, a bit fucked up. And..... The state police have statements from every kid up there that day n every one of them said they saw n heard him accelerate. Good question y none of it has bn braught up. I think that would b relevant information
and yet it still got tossed! Again not credible!

Since: Feb 10

Erie, PA

#96 Jun 12, 2012
angry parent wrote:
At the 2nd hearing they had that other bus driver on the stand but festa's lawyer n objected to that. This bus driver is the one that was doing cpr on ashley in the road. Yea, a bit fucked up. And..... The state police have statements from every kid up there that day n every one of them said they saw n heard him accelerate. Good question y none of it has bn braught up. I think that would b relevant information
One thing the judge expressly said is that he would review the accident report, which would include all of those statements you allege, as well as the other bus driver's statement.
Finally

Fairview, PA

#97 Jun 12, 2012
It's a shame that the family and friends of the deceased continue to try to take their hurt and anger out on Tyler. Look at all the facts. Put your emotions down for a minute. It's very sad that she's gone but she shouldn't have been in the road. Tyler is hurting enough. Take some comfort in knowing that she doesn't hurt or feel pain but is in a "better" place. Tyler hurts every day. You people that could wish that on someone seem to have more of a criminal mindset than him. ACCIDENT!!!
Withheld

Erie, PA

#98 Jun 12, 2012
angry parent wrote:
And another thing, u pp that think u know everything bout this crap. Is the da calling ur house or is he calling MINE?????
Taking a wild guess here - probably none of the above

“Wise up, don't be a pinhead!”

Since: Apr 10

Erie, PA

#99 Jun 13, 2012
simply amazed at the amount of people who view school buses as an inconvenient pain in the ass that is perfectly ok to drive around as long as the RED flashing lights aren't on. common sense dictates that those kids should have been able to do the hokey fuken pokey in the middle of the road because no one is dumb enough to drive past a bus in the morning when everyone knows kids will be in the area of that bus when even yellow lights are flashing. this "accident" happened because tyler obviously felt comfortable driving around buses with lights on and noone ever bothered to teach him different.
Withheld

Erie, PA

#100 Jun 13, 2012
Wiseup_ wrote:
simply amazed at the amount of people who view school buses as an inconvenient pain in the ass that is perfectly ok to drive around as long as the RED flashing lights aren't on. common sense dictates that those kids should have been able to do the hokey fuken pokey in the middle of the road because no one is dumb enough to drive past a bus in the morning when everyone knows kids will be in the area of that bus when even yellow lights are flashing. this "accident" happened because tyler obviously felt comfortable driving around buses with lights on and noone ever bothered to teach him different.
Spinning, sensationalizing, and reshuffling of facts noted.

I don't think we're talking about switching lanes to overtake a school bus. I believe we're talking about a bus with flashing yellow lights, a driver of an oncoming car going in the opposite direction who did in fact slow down, and at least 1 kid who was prematurely in the middle of the road.

Take your "obviously's", "perfectly's", and absolutes out of your post along with the mentality similar to those who believe that the white lines of a crosswalk are a strong enough barrier to allow crossing at any time, regardless of traffic or the absence of a "walk signal" and rethink your position (brief version = wise up").

Since: Feb 10

Erie, PA

#101 Jun 13, 2012
Wiseup_ wrote:
simply amazed at the amount of people who view school buses as an inconvenient pain in the ass that is perfectly ok to drive around as long as the RED flashing lights aren't on. common sense dictates that those kids should have been able to do the hokey fuken pokey in the middle of the road because no one is dumb enough to drive past a bus in the morning when everyone knows kids will be in the area of that bus when even yellow lights are flashing. this "accident" happened because tyler obviously felt comfortable driving around buses with lights on and noone ever bothered to teach him different.
Then petition your legislators to change the law.
cw6601e

Erie, PA

#102 Jun 13, 2012
Calvin wrote:
In 40 years as a teacher and 50,000 students, exactly one failed Mrs. brown's math class. Therefore Mrs. Brown must be at fault and suck as teacher.
all teachers suk

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Millcreek replacing Erie as the toilet 1 hr erieite 12
Ron Wilga and the Millcreek School Board 1 hr Concerned citizen 4
Lou and the New Board 1 hr Concerned citizen 7
Black lives matter 1 hr tired of being PC 27
Prostitution in Love Farm 1 hr Dominic 45
lawerence park township (Jul '14) 6 hr Arctic cat 74
Roar On the Shore (Jun '14) 7 hr Urmom 135
Say Goodbye to GE 9 hr Urmom 71
Erie lawyer 14 hr ZUGZWANG 11
Emily Welsh 15 hr Inlove 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erie Mortgages