Wattsburg shut down

Wattsburg shut down

There are 258 comments on the GoErie.com story from Mar 3, 2009, titled Wattsburg shut down. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

The majority of Wattsburg Borough Council resigned Monday night, effectively shutting down borough government.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Old Soul

Stow, OH

#132 Mar 5, 2009
Who cares about Wattsburg anyway? Let them fade away and merge them with the other substandard life forms that live in Union City,
Disgusted

Meadville, PA

#133 Mar 5, 2009
Old Soul wrote:
Who cares about Wattsburg anyway? Let them fade away and merge them with the other substandard life forms that live in Union City,
You and Mad Taxpayer must be joined as one. We are not all substandard. I have a college education, and I am still furthering my education. No I do not get welfare, I am paying for my education out of pocket. So in order to do that I must have an income. Grow up stop slamming our town, I would rather live here than in Erie. Union City is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I know most of the important people in that town and they probably have a better education than you. They are wonderful human beings and that is just the way it is. Oh and their pocket books are probably fuller than yours will ever be. So stop degrading what you know nothing about. Just tell me how many times has Erie, been in the news for parents abusing their children, physically and sexually. Do we judge everyone in Erie, because there are a few bad eggs? No, we do not because we understand that not every one person is the same. When a teen gets shot and killed for what reason, do we judge everyone? When, a women gets shot at a High School B-Ball game should we judge the entire city? So just because Wattsburg and Union City have a few that are not right. Does not make us all the same. My family is from Titusville, yep Meth Capital ask anyone. Does that mean my family does it? No, they do not and never would. So, get a life and clean off your own front porch before you start cleaning someone else's. I live in Wattsburg and I am from Titusville and I am DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!!!
Disgusted

Meadville, PA

#134 Mar 5, 2009
mad taxpayer wrote:
another cry baby heard from.
Well, Mad I am sure you know who I am and now it is time for you to step and let us know who you are. Oh wait, I guess you won't do that because you are so afraid of being retaliated against. Well, let me see if you would not have said the nasty, ignorant, and immature things you had said then you would not have to hide behind your computer. Grow up, get a life and when you do then maybe we can talk. The only cry baby I see is you!!!! You are always saying do something good for the town, well step up and help the ones out that are trying. Oh, but again you are too afraid, of what I have not a clue.
lisa

Meadville, PA

#135 Mar 5, 2009
Sarcasm.... nice... this whole blog has been mostly filled with sarcasm and hatred... Not preaching love in no way here... but in reality, this whole thing is like the Hatfeilds and McCoys fighting over the last corn fritter on earth... these are people who sat at the same bar at one time or another and called each other friend, and now look at it... sheesh..
Let's think about it, their kids all go to the same schools, and it is one way or another, they either get along with each other, and talk about how stupid their parents are acting, or they are fighting as a result of the parental example. And from experience, they probably are getting along!!
The matter at hand should be what is important, this council situation. Accusing of "terrorizing the town", and returning the banter with "well you got caught screwing this one" or "You have junk cars" is like the children who are fighting over one taking anothers toy, which we reprimand them for as adults!!!
This "Ha! I shut them up" and scenerio of revenge, needs to be isolated, and over with, and take this matter of council in hand, and keep this town from completely falling apart. No matter who is at fault, it needs to be corrected NOW!
No more discrimination in billing, personality, or persons. You all freaking live there... if you can't get along, move out and away!! If this situation is to hard to handle without being adults, then isolate yourself from it... and stop this crap! I have kids here!! I certainly do not want them to be labeled with the stigma of "Wattsburg Retard"!!!! Let's all grow up and get this thing handled!!! Aren't we adults?
Disgusted

Meadville, PA

#136 Mar 5, 2009
lisa wrote:
Sarcasm.... nice... this whole blog has been mostly filled with sarcasm and hatred... Not preaching love in no way here... but in reality, this whole thing is like the Hatfeilds and McCoys fighting over the last corn fritter on earth... these are people who sat at the same bar at one time or another and called each other friend, and now look at it... sheesh..
Let's think about it, their kids all go to the same schools, and it is one way or another, they either get along with each other, and talk about how stupid their parents are acting, or they are fighting as a result of the parental example. And from experience, they probably are getting along!!
The matter at hand should be what is important, this council situation. Accusing of "terrorizing the town", and returning the banter with "well you got caught screwing this one" or "You have junk cars" is like the children who are fighting over one taking anothers toy, which we reprimand them for as adults!!!
This "Ha! I shut them up" and scenerio of revenge, needs to be isolated, and over with, and take this matter of council in hand, and keep this town from completely falling apart. No matter who is at fault, it needs to be corrected NOW!
No more discrimination in billing, personality, or persons. You all freaking live there... if you can't get along, move out and away!! If this situation is to hard to handle without being adults, then isolate yourself from it... and stop this crap! I have kids here!! I certainly do not want them to be labeled with the stigma of "Wattsburg Retard"!!!! Let's all grow up and get this thing handled!!! Aren't we adults?
Lisa, you are so right and I fell into that scenario, as I was just getting upset. I am so sick and tired of this Mad taxpayer person, that I lost myself. Thank you for bringing me back to check.
threadslinger

Erie, PA

#137 Mar 5, 2009
Hey ArchAngel, Peeping in Wattts, and Mullet Hunter. You all need to get a life! ArchAngel with your broken wing, Peeping, your 24 and can't put on your own underpants, Mullet Hunter you had a mullet until you were 17! Merry Christmas, remember the water runs off from Polk to Union City then Wattsburg.
Skinner

AOL

#138 Mar 5, 2009
Mad taxpayer is a moron and coward and
I have been checking on some of this persons comments!I am almost sure who you are,can not wait to see you when I visit Home unless you are going to hide.No retaliations from me just a smiling face and a memory of your past.I now am done with this nonsense
threadslinger

Erie, PA

#139 Mar 5, 2009
pocket sand
french creek floater

Erie, PA

#140 Mar 5, 2009
If you think about it, everyone that was voted in has been in town a long time. And everyone new what they where getting. mayor mc cheese trouble.

pocket sand
Disgusted

Meadville, PA

#141 Mar 5, 2009
Skinner wrote:
Mad taxpayer is a **** and coward and
I have been checking on some of this persons comments!I am almost sure who you are,can not wait to see you when I visit Home unless you are going to hide.No retaliations from me just a smiling face and a memory of your past.I now am done with this nonsense
I will be right by your side!!!! His family don't even talk to him that is why he has to trash other families... I am with you on being done with this nonsense... Take care...
french creek floater

Erie, PA

#142 Mar 5, 2009
Arch Angel, I was in your village that dreadful day. I was flying the BlackHawk. Do you remember me? I scooped you up and gave you a vedgimit sandwich and took you to the refugee camp. Glad to see you made it back to the village of Wattsburg were the water is safe to drink.
oppressed

Harrisburg, PA

#143 Mar 5, 2009
skinner don't leave, i hope everything works out in Wattsburg it has potential, i've been following this blog hoping to hear a little more on the Swedish folks.
Trina

Meadville, PA

#144 Mar 5, 2009
You know everyone has been only looking at the negative of our town and not the positive things that have happened. Growing up here I remember so many good things happening. Like when Gene was Mayor and he used to have those big 4th of July picnics down at the park. Those were the good old days with the duck races and the fireman having there water fights. They even had a watermelon seed spitting contest for us kids and I came in second place. Say what you want but I was full of hot air, and I still am today lol. There were bands and everything, the community would come together for that day and have a blast. The parade's were spectacular, by the way Donna good job this year. Keep up the good work.

Then, who can forget the Youth Center that was started by Tina (Tanner) Curtis. She did such a wonderful job with those kids. She kept them occupied, with fundraisers and crafts. I remember the kids being so proud of the sock snake. They made it into the Genius Book of World Records. That was something positive for them to do. Way to go Tina, you deserve a pat on the back. Then they volunteered their time and help build the train down at the Della Bayle Park. What a nice job those kids did, again an accomplishment. Let us stop with all this negativity and let our town start over, so we can make it great again.

Let us all work together and make good again. Have fun again, I am so tired of one's who do not live in our town making nasty comments about it. It is not a bad town to live in, I have lived here my entire life. I like to believe that I grew up just fine here.

Then this last August they had that 2 day event for the historical society. Where the few business' that we do have here pitched in. What a great weekend that was.

I have great childhood memories here and I would not change them for the world. I am happy that my parents moved here, I never would have met the great human beings that I am surrounded by right now. Everyone has their difference, they should not be put all over this site for the world to see.

Oh and they even had a little princess contest at the park one Forth of July. If memory serves me correctly, they were going to make it an annual event.

To the towns people of Wattsburg, let us come together once again, ignore all the negativity on this site and any others. Let us make OUR TOWN great again. We can do this, come hell or high water (which right now we are getting a lot of both .lol).

Let us not give them something to mimick us about. Let us give them something good to remember. We are just a small town with a lot of love, let us join together and show it.

Well that is all I have to say and let the comments start flowing. I really do not care, I love my town and my friends and family that I have here. That is all that matters to me. Be safe and may God bless.

Trina M. Dingle
lisa

Meadville, PA

#145 Mar 5, 2009
Trina,
My family moved here from Gary Indiana when I was like 11 years old, and I remember when this little town was rather peaceful... remember gramma and grampa next door to your mom and dad, and how it was so neat while we lived in the boro to sit up and listen to the music from the dances at the social hall, and go over to the skating rink to skate... and even recently with some of the affairs that the town has done to make it seem like a community and not a war zone.
I remember going to school with alot of the "towners" and the old Smiths restaurant... Yost's little store... the old time Wattsburg...
I know that it won't ever be like that again due to the economy and all, but, the people in this town really are good at heart. EVEN THOSE WHO WEREN'T RAISED HERE!!! It is just the essence of the town that makes them feel good inside. This needs to continue, and the town needs to stop looking at the wrongs, and see some of the rights that have been accomplished.
Council.... the president, what were the things that he did right?, the secretary, the treasurer, the councilpersons themselves, the mayor... I am sure that all of them have done something "right" that could benefit the town. There isn't always just wrong in everything... there is good somewhere to be found...
The town needs to find that again, and move forward, and enjoy their neighbors again... plain and simple!
Skinner

AOL

#146 Mar 5, 2009
oppressed wrote:
skinner don't leave, i hope everything works out in Wattsburg it has potential, i've been following this blog hoping to hear a little more on the Swedish folks.
The swedish girls were just passing by and they drank me under the table!
it was fun and a great time.
As far as wattsburg goes the damage is done but the town will prevail because of there heritage and pride,
so all you folks who do not like the north side of the burg stay away
Old Soul

Stow, OH

#147 Mar 5, 2009
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Mad Taxpayer must be joined as one. We are not all substandard. I have a college education, and I am still furthering my education. No I do not get welfare, I am paying for my education out of pocket. So in order to do that I must have an income. Grow up stop slamming our town, I would rather live here than in Erie. Union City is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I know most of the important people in that town and they probably have a better education than you. They are wonderful human beings and that is just the way it is. Oh and their pocket books are probably fuller than yours will ever be. So stop degrading what you know nothing about. Just tell me how many times has Erie, been in the news for parents abusing their children, physically and sexually. Do we judge everyone in Erie, because there are a few bad eggs? No, we do not because we understand that not every one person is the same. When a teen gets shot and killed for what reason, do we judge everyone? When, a women gets shot at a High School B-Ball game should we judge the entire city? So just because Wattsburg and Union City have a few that are not right. Does not make us all the same. My family is from Titusville, yep Meth Capital ask anyone. Does that mean my family does it? No, they do not and never would. So, get a life and clean off your own front porch before you start cleaning someone else's. I live in Wattsburg and I am from Titusville and I am DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!!!
Important people in Union City? Lets see, that must be the group of people that track the intermarriages and legal age weddings. You know, inbreeding can lead to stunted mental growth, as in your case.
How many people down there still have their own teeth? Or indoor water? If your area was bulldozed for a prison it would be better than what it is now.
Hey, welfare checks on the way!
Trina

Meadville, PA

#148 Mar 5, 2009
lisa wrote:
Trina,
My family moved here from Gary Indiana when I was like 11 years old, and I remember when this little town was rather peaceful... remember gramma and grampa next door to your mom and dad, and how it was so neat while we lived in the boro to sit up and listen to the music from the dances at the social hall, and go over to the skating rink to skate... and even recently with some of the affairs that the town has done to make it seem like a community and not a war zone.
I remember going to school with alot of the "towners" and the old Smiths restaurant... Yost's little store... the old time Wattsburg...
I know that it won't ever be like that again due to the economy and all, but, the people in this town really are good at heart. EVEN THOSE WHO WEREN'T RAISED HERE!!! It is just the essence of the town that makes them feel good inside. This needs to continue, and the town needs to stop looking at the wrongs, and see some of the rights that have been accomplished.
Council.... the president, what were the things that he did right?, the secretary, the treasurer, the councilpersons themselves, the mayor... I am sure that all of them have done something "right" that could benefit the town. There isn't always just wrong in everything... there is good somewhere to be found...
The town needs to find that again, and move forward, and enjoy their neighbors again... plain and simple!
Lisa,

I do remember everything, those were great times. I also remember going down to Bayle's Park with my dad and mom. There is also so many memories there. I love still to sit in my back yard and listen to the music and the hooting going on down there. Not as often now as it used to be. I remember when I was not allowed to stay in the evenings at the Park, and I would come home and open my bedroom window and just lay there and listen to everyone and then fall asleep. Just about the entire town was down there. Those were the days, or when it was still Pappy's Place. You could hear the bands all through town and nobody complained. Even before it was Pappy's I have heard many stories about it. Now we have too many complainers in town, that are not used to the good old days and want everything there way. If a neighbors dog was in your yard, you fed them and played with them. We never called the dog catcher on anyone. We would ride three wheeler's and some would ride dirt bikes all over with no complaints. Oh and we cannot forget if you needed to cut through someone's yard to get home quicker it was all good, there were no fences.

It is time we start over and make it all good again. Just like I know it can be.
Disgusted

Meadville, PA

#149 Mar 5, 2009
Old Soul wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, welfare checks on the way!
No welfare checks here, Just about everyone I know in this town has a decent job or even own their own business.

So, I guess there are no welfare checks on the way for them either. See about you speak of something that you know nothing about.
mad taxpayer

United States

#150 Mar 6, 2009
Skinner wrote:
Mad taxpayer is a **** and coward and
you coulnt guess in a million years dumb azzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
mad taxpayer

United States

#151 Mar 6, 2009
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I will be right by your side!!!! His family don't even talk to him that is why he has to trash other families... I am with you on being done with this nonsense... Take care...
i talk to my family everyday thank you see you all know nothing just grabbing for a fish but i am to smart for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Cruz is a Liar, Thief, Junkie and Psycho (Jan '16) 10 min wesley watch 11
Gary Horton: "MR SHITLOCKS" now head of NAACP! 18 min Tired of It 1
Empire construction 21 min Lamar jones 1
Gang Stalking in Erie by Erie 28 min Eries Most Wanted... 1
UE telling GE workers they may bring other pro... 42 min 7 guy 34
Why do Blacks say axe instead of ask 49 min axe whots up 13
ServErie II : Where Is The Black Community 1 hr everyone 21
Mercyhurst prep football spits in the face of t... 10 hr Wing stained shirt 68
Shooting in North East PA 12 hr Wasserman 19
ServErie Effort: What a Joke! 22 hr Dtf 42

Erie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance