Northwest PA Apartment Association to sue City of Erie

Jan 23, 2012 Full story: Erie Times News 11

In the suit, to be filed in Erie County Court on Wednesday, the association claims that the city has overcharged landlords for inspections, has improperly allocated funds generated from those inspections, and has violated constitutional rights by imposing the rental inspections only on certain groups of property owners.

Full Story
Penny From Tenny 2

Greenville, PA

#1 Jan 23, 2012
The Mayor is using extra apartment inspection fees to help out in the general fund. The apartment people brough this up a few years ago and were ignored. Sinnot tries to take every penny he can find to prop up the city while pretending to keep it from Act 47.

He has raised taxes almost 30% in 5 years and garbage and sewer fees have risen while he has been in office.

He now takes $1.5 million from 2 enterprise funds (sewer and garbage) and plops it into the general fund. That is against state statue.

http://www.municipalconsultants.net/enterpris...

The excess funds from an enterprise fund MUST stay in the fund and not be used in general fund. The Mayor, City Solicitor, Treasurer, Controller and Finance Director ALL know this are are breaking the law.

RICO laws come into play here.

Keep watching the Times-News.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Jan 23, 2012
The Mayor is using extra apartment inspection fees to help out in the general fund.

You bet!

Sinnott is like a cat trying to bury shit on a

marble sidewalk.

(picture that!!!)

ANYTHING..........to prop up the root cause of

eerie's finacial woes....

FAT, BLOATED PUBLIC SECTOR UNION THUGS in complete

control of the city.
Stu Pedaso

Kent, OH

#3 Jan 23, 2012
I love the smell of burned-up slumlords from Millcreek in the morning!
Chevy

Alliance, OH

#4 Jan 23, 2012
Stu Pedaso wrote:
You are a total piece of crap. But you know that.
s weber

Erie, PA

#5 Jan 23, 2012
Stu Pedaso wrote:
I don't get why erie doesn't segregate their trash into trailer parks the way we have. We scatter them around the margins of the township and that keeps them from ruining our more desireable subdivisions with "mixed" housing.
Bobby Brady

Erie, PA

#6 Jan 23, 2012
s weber wrote:
<quoted text>I don't get why erie doesn't segregate their trash into trailer parks the way we have. We scatter them around the margins of the township and that keeps them from ruining our more desireable subdivisions with "mixed" housing.
Very well said and quite true. EXCEPT for Granada apts, this trash is creeping in and not being contained. Just wait for the HANDS housing to start bringing in the non-profits to service them and watch them eat up your tax base like they did in Erie.
2nd Highest taxes in USA

San Diego, CA

#7 Feb 20, 2013
Biased and Bull. Violates property rights, descriminates and has no code basis.

Erie has the 2nd highest property tax rate in the USA and they just reassessed to hike it again! Their basis of assessment is a valuation software which cannot be used in a city of this demographic make up.

Couple that with all the funds they're pillaging from landlords & what do you come up with? Big Bad Government. Joe's having a great time playing music, riding his hog and living high & mighty on the taxpayer.

What city tax base? Isn't it all HUD & non-profit? That's right, it is.
jeff

Erie, PA

#8 May 8, 2013
to the above idiot saying " I love the smell of burned-up landlords in the morning." just like employees you have your ten% or all of a specific race is horrible. you are a fool and nedd to seek help. I am a landlord and far from a slumlord. In fact every tenant I have ever taken that said their last landlord was a slumlord. has trashed my apartment. so what is the common denominator? are you a horrible tenant as well?
Tenny is Penny

Erie, PA

#10 May 9, 2013
The Mayor is using extra apartment inspection fees to help out in the general fund. The apartment people brough this up a few years ago and were ignored. Sinnot tries to take every penny he can find to prop up the city while pretending to keep it from Act 47.

He has raised taxes almost 30% in 5 years and garbage and sewer fees have risen while he has been in office.

He now takes $1.5 million from 2 enterprise funds (sewer and garbage) and plops it into the general fund. That is against state statue.

http://www.municipalconsultants.net/enterpris ...

The excess funds from an enterprise fund MUST stay in the fund and not be used in general fund. The Mayor, City Solicitor, Treasurer, Controller and Finance Director ALL know this are are breaking the law.

RICO laws come into play here.

Keep watching the Times-News.
Kae Todd

Fort Erie, Canada

#11 Jul 15, 2013
s weber wrote:
<quoted text>I don't get why erie doesn't segregate their trash into trailer parks the way we have. We scatter them around the margins of the township and that keeps them from ruining our more desireable subdivisions with "mixed" housing.
This is how landlords behave and think? Segregate the poor? Wait, you didnt just call these tenants poor, you refered to them as trash? You are one sorry excuse for a human being. If the other landlords behave like this and treat tenants who are not well-off the same way I'm certain your ignorant self does, it's no wonder your community has the problems it does. You are just as likely to be a slumlord as those with lesser means are to being trash. Shame on you and those who share your views.
Kae Todd

Fort Erie, Canada

#12 Jul 15, 2013
jeff wrote:
to the above idiot saying " I love the smell of burned-up landlords in the morning." just like employees you have your ten% or all of a specific race is horrible. you are a fool and nedd to seek help. I am a landlord and far from a slumlord. In fact every tenant I have ever taken that said their last landlord was a slumlord. has trashed my apartment. so what is the common denominator? are you a horrible tenant as well?
That person is no more an idiot than you must be for mis-quoting them purposely and replacing their "slumlord" statement with the word "landlord". They did not say ALL LANDLORDS they were speaking of the slumlords. Since you do not consider yourself a slumlord, they were not talking about you. For you to become offended or angered by their comment is ridiculous and certainly unfounded. Unless of course, you ARE a slumlord and were in fact offended by their statement. Don't turn a blind eye to the fact that some land/homeowner who rent out are actually horrible and irresponsible people, just as some tenants are. Try not to take everything people say personally and look at it from the other side of the coin. Try being a poor or lesser-well to do person, and all YOU can afford is to rent off of people who will treat YOU like trash and keep YOU living in an unsafe environment. There are all kinds of tenants and all kinds landlords. Where I am from we have a landlord and tenant act that protects the rights of landlords AND tenants. These things had to be put in place to keep things from getting out of hand as they clearly have in your communities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Cathedral Prep really care about inner cit... 53 min RamblerMan 116
I can't breave 59 min BuckshotJones 13
Jerry Sandusky Jokes (Jun '12) 1 hr David Crosby 134
Cuba 1 hr yep 7
Get on da Dump Express. I luva the pola expres ... 2 hr Doug Wilson 4
free Christmas toys 2 hr Doug Wilson 13
Kraft Grated American Cheese 2 hr Doug Wilson 10
how many are in fake marriages 2 hr Doug Wilson 18
Tracy Teudhope's Magnificent Mammaries. Holy Fu... 2 hr eastside eddie 29
saint vincent surgery center 6 hr Big Negro 11
Erie Dating
Find my Match

Erie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Erie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Erie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:08 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:08AM
What Happened to Bell and the Steelers Rushing Attack?
Bleacher Report 7:57 AM
NFL Playoffs: What the Green Bay Packers Need to Do to Make a Super Bowl Run
NBC Sports 3:01 PM
Pump fake still an old standby tool in QB's belt - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:13 PM
Steelers run defense to face test from Chiefs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:57 PM
Win and hope: Bills focus solely on facing Raiders - NBC Sports