Millcreek raises Local Services Tax to $52

There are 5 comments on the GoErie.com story from Nov 18, 2008, titled Millcreek raises Local Services Tax to $52. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Millcreek Township supervisors today unanimously approved an increase from $10 to $52 in the Local Services Tax that it charges to people who work in the township.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Noneya

Stone Mountain, GA

#1 Nov 18, 2008
An incentive program won't solve the problem of not enough people. The supervisors are playing ostrich and sticking their heads in the sand hoping that the problem will go away. IT WON'T! No one wants to be a volunteer anymore...it takes too much time. Millcreek needs to go to a partial paid FD. The township doesn't want this. The supervisor know it will cost money and are afraid of upsetting the taxpayers.

My question to the supervisors....will you admit to your mistakes when the township gets sued after the fire, when someone dies or their home burns to the ground, because you were TOO CHEAP to adequately staff the FD's. That was part of the consultant's recommentations too.

As for Lake Shore's...their Chiefs brought this on. Their childlike behavior has caused the FD to lose the contract with Millcreek. Nice going Brian & Rob.
I hear monkeys

Cleveland, OH

#2 Nov 19, 2008
Hey, let’s not allow a volunteer fire dept. to continue to serve the public that is literally feet away from a fire station! That sounds like improving the service to the community to me! NOT!!! And by the way the consultants report that Moe's talking about does NOT suggest closing LSFD, it actually states WLFD Station 2 should be closed and LSFD's response area be enlarged to cover a part of WLFD and WRFD's areas.

In the meantime we'll raise the OPT up to the max and say it’s going toward improving the emergency services in the township, that’s a bunch of bull$#!*. Shit or get off the pot here! The township tax payers deserve better than Larry, Curly and Moe can ever provide!
saywhat

Erie, PA

#3 Nov 19, 2008
The tax-payers of the City of Erie have been paying this "PRIVELAGE" tax of $52.00 for several years now!!! and look how improved we are!!! LOL
billy boy

Mason, OH

#4 Nov 19, 2008
It time that the supervisor of Millcreek quick playing their games..
First of all it was not just lake shore fire dept who had played games that night..
Secondly I feel that the punishment that was give to the young men was dealt with properly at their fire dept house..
Third if Millcreek supervisor felt they needed to punish the entire fire dept... Then pay the other dept an hourly wage for the service they provide for the township.
The pound of flesh was not the supervisor to take.. You never honestly supported the fire dept.. You need to have 8 men 3 shift at each house to properly care for your township. That 3,993,600 dollars for wages a year plus benefits???? Now supporting fire dept.. Now, just show me you even spent a million on your five dept. then maybe I would say you had rights to get your pound of flesh from the Lake Shore fire dept… I felt the community that was served by lake shore had the right to their pound of flesh, to show how disappointed to these young men is one thing but only the fire house itself had the sole right to really punish these men for their action.. I don’t think I would served on the fire dept if I had made that mistake of judgment… these young men decide to go back got reduce from rank and also got punished by the dept. and by the community they served..
That to me are men who acknowledge their mistake and paying the price of it..
That to me show me that they feel they done wrong and to serve their community and pay a debt to community service..

Where in the heck are you three supervisor thinking who you are to punish this fire dept..
Who do you think you are to pass judgment on something you do not fully support..
Any one you three serve on any fire dept in this area or any where.. what community service do you do for this area.
hank1957

United States

#5 Nov 20, 2008
Millcreek is facing and has been facing some extreme administrative and financial challenges. In my opinion, the challenges will only become greater. Do we as Millcreek residents want to continue with the status quo? Does the term "government study commission" echo in anyones ears? Millcreek is becoming more like a small city each day. Do we want to chance it with the current form of "leadership" ? Think about it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 face federal drug charges in Erie 1 hr right wing nut job 10
Reject Tax and Borrow and Spend Merski 2 hr taxed to death 1
Baltimore 3 hr everyone 75
New Walking Group 3 hr Zugzwang eats his... 18
Look how mad ZUGZWANG is... 3 hr Zugzwang eats his... 19
Jesse Ciotti 4 hr Zugzwang eats his... 9
PennDot says speed bumps back at PI 4 hr Mel Feesance 28
Another Roundabout 5 hr the gop 41
Erie School Theft 8 hr ZUGZWANG 10
More from around the web