milford hayes

Moberly, MO

#22 Jan 11, 2014
catholic sucks. dont TELL me how to live my life and then ORDER me to give my money to the church.

fck you. catholic, muslim and devil worship seem to be the same thing.
Millcreek Dog

Erie, PA

#23 Jan 12, 2014
milford hayes wrote:
catholic sucks. dont TELL me how to live my life and then ORDER me to give my money to the church.
fck you. catholic, muslim and devil worship seem to be the same thing.
Jesus told you haw to live your life and how much to tithe, not the Church. Take it up with him if you have a problem.
milford hayes

Moberly, MO

#24 Jan 12, 2014
i DONT have a problem.....the church has the problem. I do what i want.
Zeus

Erie, PA

#25 Jan 12, 2014
milford hayes wrote:
i DONT have a problem.....the church has the problem. I do what i want.
It does seem that you and not the church has the problem. The other guy was right. Go complain to Jesus about what he said to do. You do what you want because you're selfish and that's not very Christian is it?
milford hayes

Moberly, MO

#26 Jan 12, 2014
i am christian, but religion and the church only wants to control thought. especially catholics. Im going to eat a steak on friday because i want to. if god created me then its ok for me to eat a steak on friday and go bang that unmarried girl i met in the bar wearing 5 condoms. catholics need to lighten up. catholics and muslims are just nice ways of camouflaging satanism.
Plato or Playdo

Erie, PA

#27 Jan 12, 2014
milford hayes wrote:
i am christian, but religion and the church only wants to control thought. especially catholics. Im going to eat a steak on friday because i want to. if god created me then its ok for me to eat a steak on friday and go bang that unmarried girl i met in the bar wearing 5 condoms. catholics need to lighten up. catholics and muslims are just nice ways of camouflaging satanism.
o you're a hedonist giving in to all the selfish desires of your body. Who cares but you? Don't call yourself a christian if you're not willing to follow the teachings of Christ and no Catholic gives a shit if you eat meat on Fridays. ONLY Catholics have to follow that rule. Pagans and hedonists are free to follow their own desires. Let's not blame the Catholics or muslims when it is you who is the problem.
tom

Overland Park, KS

#28 Jan 12, 2014
Plato or Playdo wrote:
<quoted text> o you're a hedonist giving in to all the selfish desires of your body. Who cares but you? Don't call yourself a christian if you're not willing to follow the teachings of Christ and no Catholic gives a shit if you eat meat on Fridays. ONLY Catholics have to follow that rule. Pagans and hedonists are free to follow their own desires. Let's not blame the Catholics or muslims when it is you who is the problem.
i disagree, its not about what you believe. the problem is religion. People cant be happy just worrying about themselves. i think catholic is a terrible religion and terrible way to live. you're not going to heaven being a catholic because you murdered jesus, i think thats a convictable offense.
Play-do

Erie, PA

#29 Jan 12, 2014
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
i disagree, its not about what you believe. the problem is religion. People cant be happy just worrying about themselves. i think catholic is a terrible religion and terrible way to live. you're not going to heaven being a catholic because you murdered jesus, i think thats a convictable offense.
After reading your post it's obious that you are both ignorant and a complete idiot. As far as your hating of religion I'll let you in on a little fact. Religion is the glue of society. Without religion society falls apart. PS; Love your comment about the Catholics killing Jesus. Let's us know that we are dealing with a functioningly impaired dolt.
tom

Overland Park, KS

#30 Jan 12, 2014
Play-do wrote:
<quoted text> After reading your post it's obious that you are both ignorant and a complete idiot. As far as your hating of religion I'll let you in on a little fact. Religion is the glue of society. Without religion society falls apart. PS; Love your comment about the Catholics killing Jesus. Let's us know that we are dealing with a functioningly impaired dolt.
nice attitude, and you wonder why everyone thinks your crazy.
maybe you shouldnt post anymore, it just makes you sound very ignorant.
Hmmmm

United States

#31 Jan 12, 2014
Pope Francis appointed 19 new Cardinals today. Not one of them was from the U.S.. reading these posts makes me unerstand why.
Play do

Erie, PA

#32 Jan 13, 2014
tom wrote:
<quoted text>
nice attitude, and you wonder why everyone thinks your crazy.
maybe you shouldnt post anymore, it just makes you sound very ignorant.
It's a great attitude. I pointed out the fact that you have no understanding of what you're talking about. It's called ignorance of the subject. Like most posters on topix you complain about thingsyou know nothing about. If ignorance is bliss you must be in heaven.
Prep grad

Pittsburgh, PA

#33 Jan 16, 2014
Fr. Larry is the real deal. He's a good priest. We all have flaws. His flaws, while shouldn't be ignored, do not constitute a disservice to the the faithful or his ministry.
joeK

Erie, PA

#34 Jan 16, 2014
to be
dave

United States

#35 Jan 16, 2014
Play-do wrote:
<quoted text> After reading your post it's obious that you are both ignorant and a complete idiot. As far as your hating of religion I'll let you in on a little fact. Religion is the glue of society. Without religion society falls apart. PS; Love your comment about the Catholics killing Jesus. Let's us know that we are dealing with a functioningly impaired dolt.
Religion keeps society from just falling apart ? If it were proven to you that god dosent exist, what sins would you start committing that you currently do not? The truth is you would live your life exactly as you do now. And so would everyone else..
James

Erie, PA

#36 Jan 17, 2014
dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion keeps society from just falling apart ? If it were proven to you that god dosent exist, what sins would you start committing that you currently do not? The truth is you would live your life exactly as you do now. And so would everyone else..
I never would have lived my life this way to begin with if it were not for religion. I would never have been taught right or wrong because all right and wrong comes from religion. I also found the statement odd but realized it's actually religious principles that keep our country together even though we live in a country that has seperation of church and state.
dave

United States

#37 Jan 17, 2014
James wrote:
<quoted text> I never would have lived my life this way to begin with if it were not for religion. I would never have been taught right or wrong because all right and wrong comes from religion. I also found the statement odd but realized it's actually religious principles that keep our country together even though we live in a country that has seperation of church and state.
I'm curious about your answer to the following question. How would you explain how many devout atheists are able to live their lives as well and as morally as you presumably live yours, without religion playing any role in how they conduct themselves?
cheetos

United States

#38 Jan 17, 2014
Do you seriously feel that you need God to be a good person?
James

Erie, PA

#39 Jan 17, 2014
dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm curious about your answer to the following question. How would you explain how many devout atheists are able to live their lives as well and as morally as you presumably live yours, without religion playing any role in how they conduct themselves?
Religion does play a role because the people who taught the atheist as a child instilled in him moral beliefs based in religion. He later chose to not believe in God. Find an atheist who as a young child decided their is no god and he would turn out quite differently as he would have no reason to follow any moral rules. Survival of the fittest would rule his actions.
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

#40 Jan 17, 2014
That's where they get their Priests.
James wrote:
<quoted text> Religion does play a role because the people who taught the atheist as a child instilled in him moral beliefs based in religion. He later chose to not believe in God. Find an atheist who as a young child decided their is no god and he would turn out quite differently as he would have no reason to follow any moral rules. Survival of the fittest would rule his actions.
screw you fundies

Erie, PA

#41 Mar 10, 2014
Factoid wrote:
<quoted text> What did you do that he had to yell at you? 99% of the time it's the bitchers fault for what they were bitched out about. I'll bet you're a woman too because 99% of the time it's a woman bitching because they were corrected in front of others and embarrassed.
So another authority worshipper who cannot stands to see someone they blindly obey getting criticized. Yeah, Ive known enough about him. the priest is juste another fundie with a rosary. So next time, before you leave ignorant comments, stfu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tommy DelFrat for school board. 4 min Fixed Income on M... 1
Lou Aliota's Millcreek Township School Board Ac... 21 min Taxpayer 44
McDowell teacher runs .. 1 hr ZUGZWANG 84
Dog Abuse Case 1 hr Sam Colt 9
Candidates for Erie County Judge 2 hr Sam Colt 1
who's been takin big dumps. i havesz 2 hr barbra 2
Mercyhurst Provost Position Eliminated 3 hr MU grad 8
More from around the web

Erie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE