Unholy Murder of Ash Wednesday
payback

Erie, PA

#22 Jun 30, 2014
I just got done with the book and my critique is that it is very self-serving where DiPaolo thought he could "walk on water" compared to the FBI, State Attorney General's Office and his own police force. He thought he was the world's best cop. I hear he was a bulldog but Nigsy got acquitted, Gemelli got acquitted and many others.He thinks Al Debello is dead...Al lives with Gail Mingoy in the Auditori trailer park. He , nor his son (God rest his soul), were outstanding athletes...marginal at best. There are a few instances that supposedly never happened that were mentioned in the book. I's sure Connelly, who was taken to city lock-up and Vechecco would have some choice words for Dipaolo after they read this book. How come Jeff Connelly, Lou Porreco and others weren't mentioned in the Scutella-Thomas-Rotunda-Troop cocaine connection. At least Jeff came out and admitted his misdoings in later year. Susan DiSantis/Ferritto and Dom Dipaolo wrote the book to build up their images and for nothing else. Monteveccho, Sarafini, Bourjalis, Esper, Thomas and others are walking free in the Erie Community.
Card shop

Erie, PA

#23 Jun 30, 2014
payback wrote:
I just got done with the book and my critique is that it is very self-serving where DiPaolo thought he could "walk on water" compared to the FBI, State Attorney General's Office and his own police force. He thought he was the world's best cop. I hear he was a bulldog but Nigsy got acquitted, Gemelli got acquitted and many others.He thinks Al Debello is dead...Al lives with Gail Mingoy in the Auditori trailer park. He , nor his son (God rest his soul), were outstanding athletes...marginal at best. There are a few instances that supposedly never happened that were mentioned in the book. I's sure Connelly, who was taken to city lock-up and Vechecco would have some choice words for Dipaolo after they read this book. How come Jeff Connelly, Lou Porreco and others weren't mentioned in the Scutella-Thomas-Rotunda-Troop cocaine connection. At least Jeff came out and admitted his misdoings in later year. Susan DiSantis/Ferritto and Dom Dipaolo wrote the book to build up their images and for nothing else. Monteveccho, Sarafini, Bourjalis, Esper, Thomas and others are walking free in the Erie Community.
For Christ's sake, look at all the bullsh&it that is still going on in Erie with Bill Garvey and his lieutenants and apologists, the crooked Erie Democratic party, the Sinnott gang and his Tullio era punks, all the scumbag bankers and lawyers, the idle rich and you have to talk about people who are dead and gone or who have been dragged through the mud enough times. Petty crimes. Making book. Selling some drugs. Big f*cking deal.
angela

Pittsburgh, PA

#24 Jul 2, 2014
payback wrote:
Wow...I also read the book. I don't recall dipaolo saying anything about him or his son being GREAT athletes. And why make a comment about his dead son. If you have opinions about the people involved in the crimes so be it. But keep your comments to yourself about his son.
payback

Erie, PA

#25 Jul 2, 2014
angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...I also read the book. I don't recall dipaolo saying anything about him or his son being GREAT athletes. And why make a comment about his dead son. If you have opinions about the people involved in the crimes so be it. But keep your comments to yourself about his son.
Dom thnks he should be in the Erie Hall of Fame Angela which would put him in with the "greats" and Dom brought up his son in the book as being an "exceptional" athlete at Prep and Thiel. He should have brought up his wife for being an "exceptional" salesperson of knock-off handbags or how to run an illegal courtroom (for cuigine Covatto) Don't let me start Angela - are you a cuigine too?)
Angela

Erie, PA

#26 Jul 2, 2014
payback wrote:
<quoted text>Dom thnks he should be in the Erie Hall of Fame Angela which would put him in with the "greats" and Dom brought up his son in the book as being an "exceptional" athlete at Prep and Thiel. He should have brought up his wife for being an "exceptional" salesperson of knock-off handbags or how to run an illegal courtroom (for cuigine Covatto) Don't let me start Angela - are you a cuigine too?)
No I'm not a cuigine . Did you see his son play at prep or thiel? Regardless of his athletic ability your an ass for making comments about his dead son. I worked with him at esd. And I can tell you for a fact pat helped so many student on and off the field. And changed so many lives for the good. He was a great person, always willing to help.
payback

Waterford, PA

#27 Jul 5, 2014
Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not a cuigine . Did you see his son play at prep or thiel? Regardless of his athletic ability your an ass for making comments about his dead son. I worked with him at esd. And I can tell you for a fact pat helped so many student on and off the field. And changed so many lives for the good. He was a great person, always willing to help.
What a hypocrite...we're making comments about Dovichow, Arnone, Scutella, Ferritto they are all DEAD stewpid. fINAL POINT - NEITHER IS DESERVING OF A HALL OF FAME NOD...period. This is now a dead issue...oops.
niti

Erie, PA

#28 Jul 5, 2014
payback wrote:
<quoted text>What a hypocrite...we're making comments about Dovichow, Arnone, Scutella, Ferritto they are all DEAD stewpid. fINAL POINT - NEITHER IS DESERVING OF A HALL OF FAME NOD...period. This is now a dead issue...oops.
I hope you get whacked. You deserve it.
Father Guido Sarducci

United States

#29 Jul 6, 2014
I've a taken over for my buddy Caesar! I'm now in charge of arraigning who gets whacked next.
angela

Pittsburgh, PA

#30 Jul 6, 2014
payback wrote:
<quoted text>What a hypocrite...we're making comments about Dovichow, Arnone, Scutella, Ferritto they are all DEAD stewpid. fINAL POINT - NEITHER IS DESERVING OF A HALL OF FAME NOD...period. This is now a dead issue...oops.
You still don't get it. Your not very educated. The book is not about sports or hall of fame or DiPaolo's son. It's about crime in erie.
Budding Lotus

Roseville, CA

#31 Jul 7, 2014
1971 City of Erie wins 'All American City Award'
Dumb Azzzzz

Sharon, PA

#32 Jul 8, 2014
angela wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't get it. Your not very educated. The book is not about sports or hall of fame or DiPaolo's son. It's about crime in erie.
Since "your" so educated, I guess you don't need a proofreader for your post in the "erie" forum. Now go have a good cry dumb dumb.
gucci purse sale

Erie, PA

#33 Jul 8, 2014
I'm selling counterfeit copies of this book at my house. CHEAP!
gucci purse sale

Erie, PA

#34 Jul 8, 2014
How to spot a fake Gucci handbag (if you are not going to a fake Gucci purse sale at Dom DiPaolo's house.)

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xryyb8_how...
charro

Erie, PA

#35 Jul 9, 2014
gucci purse sale wrote:
How to spot a fake Gucci handbag (if you are not going to a fake Gucci purse sale at Dom DiPaolo's house.)
http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xryyb8_how...
Gucci gucci
Broken

Pataskala, OH

#36 Sep 8, 2014
To bad through all the research they still didnt get the full truth out , Not all the truths and facts are in the book close on most but far on alot. The Real Fact the real Truth will never come out
neighberhoodkid

Erie, PA

#37 Sep 12, 2014
Payback wrote:
Let's see...400 names...Ferritto, Ciotti, Montevecchio, Tullio, Rotunda, Scutellas (6 of them), Esper, Owen...this is my guess lists along with Arnone, Colegrande, Chuck Sarafini, Maggio, etc. It'll be interesting reading about Erie's low-life wannabe Mafia punks. When they going to put out a book on the Pal Joeys arson. That would be an eye-opener too. I think all the Scutellas were involved in that one.
Mind your own business,That case is CLOSED!!!
neighberhoodkid

Erie, PA

#38 Sep 12, 2014
angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes keep your comments about his son!!! That's NOT right!!!
neighberhoodkid

Erie, PA

#39 Sep 12, 2014
a history of violence wrote:
Good mob movie. The lead character is Joey. It's a work of fiction too.
Watch what you say!!!
palomino

Erie, PA

#40 Jan 14, 2015
ceas was my classmate at Roosevelt jr high 7th grade to 9th. he did not grow up in little Italy. he lived directly behind the grandstand at ainsworth field and used to get foul balls from the erie sailor games when fouled over the grandstand. ceasar and I were on the 9th grade basketball team at Roosevelt. I grew up in little Italy and went to Columbus school as did everybody else in little Italy. ceasar went to irving school where I played basketball against him. I also played baseball against him in the old times league, and the team he played for was the "fraternal order of police", how about that? I was an alter boy at st. pauls for 3 years and believe me ceasar never attended st. paul rc church. he either belonged to blessed sacrament or st stephens on w. 21st st.. he learned to kick field goals and extra points at ainsworth because tech hi school used to practice football there in those days. he started 10th grade at strong Vincent but was recruited by cathedral prep and transferred there. he played quarterback and did their kicking. he was a terrific all around athelete , especially in baseball. he had a scholarship to Detroit University but dropped out. I just wanted to point out that he did not grow up in little Italy, although he hung around with most of the guys born and raised there. he was a friend and I am sorry things turned out badly for him.
PaCableNetwork

Camp Hill, PA

#41 Jan 23, 2015
An exclusive interview with authors Jeff Pinski and Dominich DiPaolo will air on PCN this Sunday, January 25, at 7pm. PCN is available on cable to viewers in PA. Those interested can also watch online with subscription to PCN Select.

For more information, please visit PCN online: https://pcntv.com/jan-25-pa-books-the-unholy-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Vendetti 12 min Old School Anti Doug 20
Erie Steet Walkers 29 min Keyboard Big Balls 8
H. Jack Langer (Dec '13) 36 min ZUGZWANG 22
no charges filed 46 min NRA Member 5
Ghost of the Green Shingle 1 hr Tim Leary 8
The failing/falling of Maria Comstock 4 hr johnnie mae 14
News Pat Howard: Failures by DevelopErie leave Erie ... 5 hr Stu Pedaso 152
Badams Protecting Hidden Paytronage Jobs 16 hr Hmmm 64
More from around the web

Personal Finance