Someone Trying to shut down Topix

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Charlie

Erie, PA

#1 Jan 14, 2014
Someone under the topix of Harrassment made a threat to get Topix shut down What do you think of that???
pumpkin pie

Pioneer, OH

#2 Jan 14, 2014
I am for it
Ken

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 14, 2014
Topix can't be "shut down". But if they receive a complaint that a statement made by a poster is false and defamatory, then they will research the statement for validity and remove it if it proves to be false.
eastside eddy

Erie, PA

#4 Jan 14, 2014
Charlie wrote:
Someone under the topix of Harrassment made a threat to get Topix shut down What do you think of that???
Could be
Suzucki Joe
H Jack
Silverbacks
Brian McGrath
Millcreek School Board
Millcreek Teachers
Okey
Eri Co

Erie, PA

#5 Jan 14, 2014
All they have to do is shut down the computers at the Erie County Library branches and there will be no where the losers can blog...
Post Till I Drop

Erie, PA

#6 Jan 14, 2014
Eri Co wrote:
All they have to do is shut down the computers at the Erie County Library branches and there will be no where the losers can blog...
you can have my smartphone when you pry it from my cold dead hand
cheetos

United States

#7 Jan 14, 2014
Gee, it's a good thing she hasn't found the Erie Topix Underground yet.
shhhhh ;o
Tim Leary

United States

#8 Jan 14, 2014
cheetos wrote:
Gee, it's a good thing she hasn't found the Erie Topix Underground yet.
shhhhh ;o
We are the underground.:-)
Charlie

Erie, PA

#9 Jan 14, 2014
pumpkin pie wrote:
I am for it
Why would you be for it ??
Charlie

Erie, PA

#10 Jan 14, 2014
Charlie wrote:
<quoted text> Why would you be for it ??
If you are not for it then why are you reading it everyday and posting your comments If you do not like a tv show that is on ,then you do not watch it.You have the same choice here if you do not like it then do not read it the same as facebook if you don't like it then do not go to that site.
Peter Gozinya

Lady Lake, FL

#11 Jan 14, 2014
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. How could anyone be so ignorant to think a disgruntled whining bed wetting person with a complaint could have Topix shut down. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#12 Jan 14, 2014
Post Till I Drop wrote:
<quoted text>you can have my smartphone when you pry it from my cold dead hand
I didn't see any one mention your smart phone. I think they were talking about THE LIBRARIES COMPUTERS. I have one question for you though, is your smart phone an Obama phone? Lol
Millcreek Dog

Erie, PA

#13 Jan 15, 2014
Peter Gozinya wrote:
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha. How could anyone be so ignorant to think a disgruntled whining bed wetting person with a complaint could have Topix shut down. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
So you're admitting that you couldn't get topic shut down. That wet mattress must smell terrible so close to the furnace. Psssssss Ahhhhhhhh!
Stray Dog

Erie, PA

#14 Jan 15, 2014
If you do not like Topix then why would you be looking at it everyday and making a comment, I agree that a lot of things are wrong on here but I still check it out everyday.So if you do not like it then do not read it. But do not make threats to have it shut down.That is just stupid.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 15, 2014
Stray Dog wrote:
If you do not like Topix then why would you be looking at it everyday and making a comment, I agree that a lot of things are wrong on here but I still check it out everyday.So if you do not like it then do not read it. But do not make threats to have it shut down.That is just stupid.
I personally find it entertaining to read this forum. Im just glad I'm not as miserable as a lot of these people... Jamestown ny topix is the worst..
Also Living in Erie

Erie, PA

#16 Jan 16, 2014
I think that the continuous annoying pop up ads will do more to kill Topix than any lawsuit ever could.
Random

Seattle, WA

#17 Jan 22, 2014
A lot of forums have been shut down apparently.
wrdi

Erie, PA

#18 Jan 22, 2014
Saw an article where Topix is being sued in a heroin overdose death. The claim is Topix facilitated in the person finding a drug dealer that sold him the drugs that killed him. At least all the medication forums have been removed.
wrdi

Erie, PA

#19 Jan 22, 2014

Location hidden

#20 Jan 23, 2014
Yep, because the website pinned the fawker down and shot him up with drugs... Shame on you topix!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i'm back, ya dig 4 min Maya Sol 13
Erie County judges launch new fund 20 min COURTney 3
Sen Wiley in the crosshairs 1 hr Gimme da First 6
4th of July 2 hr native americans 8
The American dream 2 hr observer 18
"Roar on the Shore (Jul '12) 2 hr Tim 81
Minimum wage 2 hr observer 28
Rebecca Styn- Mover of the Week 3 hr Chris Burke 15
Who did the most damage to Erie? 10 hr Seth 40
G.E Please tell us the truth. 22 hr I C U 122