Arrington organizes meeting to combat Erie violence

Feb 3, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Erie Times News

The public meeting is scheduled for Feb. 12 at 6 p.m. at the Martin Luther King Center, 312 Chestnut St. More than 100 people attended an anti-violence meeting organized by Arrington on Jan. 9 at the Booker T. Washington Center in Erie.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2014
Name

Payne, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Buddy Hinton is the keynote speaker
Buddy Hinton

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Name wrote:
Buddy Hinton is the keynote speaker
Ouch! I've never felt such lame pain from a comeback.
Name

Payne, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

trying to keep it on your level.. the best communicator speaks to the level of his audience.
Street Corner

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Everytime she has a meeting somebody gets shot.
Buddy Hinton

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Name wrote:
trying to keep it on your level.. the best communicator speaks to the level of his audience.
So you're saying Sonya Arrington is speaking on your level?
Martin Luther King Jr

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

Sonya Arrington has one goal. To make herself important. She failed to raise her son right, he was killed while he had a gun and she made the whole incident about herself and her new crusade. She has learned well from Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton. She is using teen violence to push her own brand. The "Sonya Arrington" brand. The media should be chastised and boycotted for aiding her and abetting her for without their coverage she would disappear.
The Messenger

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

So it'll be another " meeting " by Sonia Arrington to address the violence plaguing the community. Let's be real honest here. I applaud her good intentions but I believe they are ineffective because they fail to focus on the true culprit of her concerns. Just what is the true culprit ?
First, let's come right out and boldly admit that Ms. Arrington's concerns are strictly for the Erie black community. I'm sure that she will always deny this, that she is concerned about everyone here but it's safe to say she is keeping her efforts entirely for her own people. And that's perfectly understandable.
It's ok because the crimes and violence of the black community has gotten so disproportionately out of hand that she must laser her focus on that segment of the population. But just what is accomplished at all of these Arrington led get togethers ? If it's limited to prayers, hymns, and comforting,( all fine things mind you ) then very little progress will occur. Especially given the fact that those attending these meetings are the people who are not the problem !
What Ms. Arrington and her helpers must do is the pain staking and slow process of reaching as many minority homes as possible and do their dogged best to systematically convince folks that the collapse of the black family structure has been the most toxic ingredient to their ills. They must do something to improve the way young minority children are raised in terms of positive attention, behaviors, and work ethics. Without taking the required baby steps towards this seemingly impossible task you can count on for sure the continuation and escalation of black crime and black violence till the end of time.
Quacker

Waterford, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

I wish she would call a meeting of her "peoples" and relocate all of them to Siberia. That would fix a lot of the problems in downtown browntown.
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

The Messenger wrote:
So it'll be another " meeting " by Sonia Arrington to address the violence plaguing the community. Let's be real honest here. I applaud her good intentions but I believe they are ineffective because they fail to focus on the true culprit of her concerns. Just what is the true culprit ?
First, let's come right out and boldly admit that Ms. Arrington's concerns are strictly for the Erie black community. I'm sure that she will always deny this, that she is concerned about everyone here but it's safe to say she is keeping her efforts entirely for her own people. And that's perfectly understandable.
It's ok because the crimes and violence of the black community has gotten so disproportionately out of hand that she must laser her focus on that segment of the population. But just what is accomplished at all of these Arrington led get togethers ? If it's limited to prayers, hymns, and comforting,( all fine things mind you ) then very little progress will occur. Especially given the fact that those attending these meetings are the people who are not the problem !
What Ms. Arrington and her helpers must do is the pain staking and slow process of reaching as many minority homes as possible and do their dogged best to systematically convince folks that the collapse of the black family structure has been the most toxic ingredient to their ills. They must do something to improve the way young minority children are raised in terms of positive attention, behaviors, and work ethics. Without taking the required baby steps towards this seemingly impossible task you can count on for sure the continuation and escalation of black crime and black violence till the end of time.
She could start by telling black girls to keep their legs closed so the young black bucks stop siring a multitude of thug offspring.
erie realist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

The Messenger wrote:
Very well stated ......But the black community really does not give a damn because if they perceive a problem it is always Whiteys fault. Any black community member who genuinely wants to address the real core issues is an Uncle tom or Oreo house servant .
The Democrats have conditioned their welfare core base well , Racism is rampant & welfare is absolutely necessary with any problem being the fault of those evil Republicans even though historically it was the Republican party not the Democrats who championed & supported black freedom, voting rights & advancement. I`ll bet the vast majority of Black people do not know Martin Luther King was a Republican.
In this issue truth does not matter it is all about making herself important & yes herd son was a street thug who was also carrying an illegal firearm when he was shot.
We have a serious problem with morality, honesty & desire of the Black Community to address the real issues & to become a part of the a truly integrated society.
This is a black community problem, not a white problem & the focus belongs there as this is where change & improvement is needed.
In the mean time I support more police officers with a highly visible presence on the streets in the black community & strict law enforcement.
I think since the time of Lyndon Johnson until now the Democratic Party in pandering for voter allegiance has created a black core base which has degenerated into a tribal society of feral street thugs who will never become law abiding members of any society let alone an integrated one. More prisons to allow for removal of these street thugs from society is also required & should be a priority.
Factoid

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

The Messenger wrote:
Stating the truth makes you a racist. Where are the black men? Where are the roll models? Why is it "Women" against teen violence? Where is the male black clergy? The black males have failed their people and that's where the problem and answer lies. Whitey can't fix this problem with all the money in the world. Black males are going to have to step up and clean up the mess they made.
The Racist

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Factoid wrote:
<quoted text> Stating the truth makes you a racist. Where are the black men? Where are the roll models? Why is it "Women" against teen violence? Where is the male black clergy? The black males have failed their people and that's where the problem and answer lies. Whitey can't fix this problem with all the money in the world. Black males are going to have to step up and clean up the mess they made.
Spot on ! Blacks demand that whitey fork over the goods so they an feel their score has been settled. It doesn't work that way but most of them lack the acumen to understand. Far too many blacks are raised in a world of constant confrontations with other blacks developing them into impulsive beasts that befit their stereotype. Successful blacks who "left the plantation" know this well but can't be brazen about broadcasting it for fear of reprisals from their own.
The Cracker

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Judged:

I wonder if all the community organizers will be there, maybe everybody can pitch in to pay overdue garbage bills. The dreads will be flyin.
eastside eddy

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

The nuns will be singing on some street corner.

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Blacks......................
trayvon

Payne, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

post some help wanted signs on the local utility poles... that will drive them out of town like lemmings
Fairview milf

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Keep the chimps in Erie.
Black Bastard

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Is dey sellin ats da mettin?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the Erie Forum right now

Search the Erie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
darkies are no longer the chosen people 3 min daniel boon 1
Task Force Has Been Idle As Erie Graffiti Probl... 12 min viaduct vince 1
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Obamas Spiking Ineptitude 51,201
Man dead, 3 wounded in Pa. private party shooting (Jan '14) 1 hr U no wut ace wot wot 9
Shooter gets up to 20 years in Erie ballroom sl... 2 hr no racist comment but 3
Muslims Built The Fabric of America 2 hr scoots my boy 6
Elizabeth D'Aurora's Heavenly Hindquarters 3 hr Sheila 18
Why do so few Blacks go to Sara's restaurant? 3 hr Sheila 27
Charles "Hawk" Serafini 5 hr XXXXX 10
Erie man charged in assault on Neighborhood Wat... 5 hr jack 27
rj zonna 8 hr Jim Martini 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Erie Jobs