Beckham County Sheriff's Office

Beckham County Sheriff's Office

Posted in the Erick Forum

First Prev
of 39
Next Last
curious about this

Clinton, OK

#1 Mar 21, 2008
What do people think about the job Sheriff Jay and his department are doing? Should he be re-elected, or do you want somebody new?
Erick Christian

Pampa, TX

#2 Mar 21, 2008
curious about this wrote:
What do people think about the job Sheriff Jay and his department are doing? Should he be re-elected, or do you want somebody new?
Sheriff Jay and his officers did an absolutely fantastic job here in Erick (The best police work ever done in Erick). Of course that`s why they`re no longer here.
Now that the mayor and city council have run them out of town you can buy any kind of DOPE you want in Erick.
So...Sheriff Scott Jay definitely has my vote!
tourist

Clinton, OK

#3 Mar 21, 2008
Everybody I've ever asked about him says Jay is an honest man. An honest man in a government job is a rare and precious thing. Like everybody else, the sheriff sometimes has too many irons in the fire. But I've never heard of anybody who really knows him who doesn't think he's a concientious and caring law enforcement officer.
Elk City reader

Clinton, OK

#4 Mar 21, 2008
Seems like he tries to do a good job. That's about all you can really expect. that and not being a crook, which he's not
Erickite

Clinton, OK

#5 Mar 22, 2008
Wish to heck we had Sheriff Jay in charge of law enforcement in Erick again. Things have seriously gone down hill here since our (not!) esteemed city council decided they didn't want the sheriff's department in our town.
Local Lady

Pampa, TX

#6 Mar 22, 2008
Erickite wrote:
Wish to heck we had Sheriff Jay in charge of law enforcement in Erick again. Things have seriously gone down hill here since our (not!) esteemed city council decided they didn't want the sheriff's department in our town.
Best thing to do is tell the mayor and city counsel, However they don`t listen very well...several people expressed their wishes to keep Scoot Jay but like most good people he was ran out of Erick.
neighbor

Clinton, OK

#7 Mar 22, 2008
Anybody can look up Erick's police chief's criminal record at www.odcr.com
displaced Texan

Clinton, OK

#8 Mar 22, 2008
Oh, man! What a disaster you poor people are in the middle of over there in the west side of the county. There must be somebody in that town who can get something done about that mess????????
Sayre chick

Clinton, OK

#9 Mar 24, 2008
I was told by people in business in Elk City that the former deputy who is running against Jay for Sheriff quit the department because he doesn't like "working with people." Wonder what he thinks he would be working with if he were elected sheriff?
Elk Citian

Clinton, OK

#10 Mar 25, 2008
People who work with that former deputy(who is now running for sheriff) in his current job also say he is very hard to get along with, so guess he still doesn't like to work with people.
interested

Clinton, OK

#11 Mar 29, 2008
tourist wrote:
Everybody I've ever asked about him says Jay is an honest man. An honest man in a government job is a rare and precious thing. Like everybody else, the sheriff sometimes has too many irons in the fire. But I've never heard of anybody who really knows him who doesn't think he's a concientious and caring law enforcement officer.
Maybe so. But he has a hard time keeping employees. Why the high rate of turnover in his office?
Wonderin

AOL

#12 Mar 29, 2008
I'm wonderin why the Beckham County Sheriff and Drug Task Force do not get involved and clean the mess in Erick up? Erick is a BLIGHT on the record of those responsible for maintaining LAW AND ORDER in Beckham County.
Outskirts of Town

Pampa, TX

#13 Mar 29, 2008
Wonderin wrote:
I'm wonderin why the Beckham County Sheriff and Drug Task Force do not get involved and clean the mess in Erick up? Erick is a BLIGHT on the record of those responsible for maintaining LAW AND ORDER in Beckham County.
AMEN TO THAT!
Problem is the former Mayor and City Council ran Scott Jay and his officers out of town the end of June 2007 (former Mayor turned out to be a thug, lost his job working for the county and his position as Mayor, but held the position long enough to screw things up good).
Now the new Mayor is no better...an 80 year old FART that has never held an important position in his life, and the job/position has gone to his head.
Erick hasn`t got any people worthy of holding a position of trust or responsibility.
interested

Clinton, OK

#14 Mar 30, 2008
Wonderin wrote:
I'm wonderin why the Beckham County Sheriff and Drug Task Force do not get involved and clean the mess in Erick up? Erick is a BLIGHT on the record of those responsible for maintaining LAW AND ORDER in Beckham County.
You are right about that. But the former Erick mayor, now totally discredited, and others, did not like the fact that the sheriff and his deputies enforced the law impartially in Erick. Erick's leaders want to be exempt from the law (which the former mayor and former county commissioner found out they were not). They want only people they dislike or are jealous of to be subject to law enforcement. If they have to make up offenses to charge them with, well, so be it.
Okie

Clinton, OK

#15 Mar 30, 2008
interested wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so. But he has a hard time keeping employees. Why the high rate of turnover in his office?
Good question - another one people should ask him when he's out campaigning.
Law abidin citizen

Pampa, TX

#16 Mar 30, 2008
Okie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question - another one people should ask him when he's out campaigning.
Yeah, if we don`t watch it Beckham County will have the same kind of Police force Erick has!
curious about this

Clinton, OK

#17 Mar 31, 2008
Law abidin citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, if we don`t watch it Beckham County will have the same kind of Police force Erick has!
So what do you think should happen in the election for sheriff?
CRIMESPOTTER

Pampa, TX

#18 Mar 31, 2008
OF COURSE you can never completely clean up Crime and Corruption in a county or a community, but Sheriff Scott Jay and his officers have held crime down to a bare minimun as well as while they were in Erick. Now they are no longer in Erick, you have the same old thing again...When you have Dope being manufactured and distributed in an area all other crimes follow suit.
Getting along with the public and enployees is just good politics, however Scott and his deputies are not in a popularity contest...it is all about getting the job done, and whether his employees or the public like him has nothing to do with job qualifications or job performance, etc. etc.
SO the question was asked...What should happen in the election for Sheriff?
IF IT AIN`T BROKE DON`T FIX IT
DON`T JACK-WITH-A-GOOD-THING
DON`T CHANGE HORSES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREAM

YOU GET THE IDEA
SO the question was asked...what should happen in the election for Sheriff.
IF IT AIN`T BROKE DON`T FIX IT
DON`T JACK WITH A GOOD THING
DON`T CHANGE HORSES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREAM

YOU GET THE IDEA.
curious about this

Clinton, OK

#19 Apr 1, 2008
NOBODY? knows why thre is so much turnover in that office? surely somebody knows something about that is going on to cause that.
Elk Citian

United States

#20 Apr 1, 2008
interested wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so. But he has a hard time keeping employees. Why the high rate of turnover in his office?
I am guessing pay, work hours, etc. Why would a man who needs to support his family work for the Sherrifs office making $13 or $14/hour (maybe), not to mention the CLEET training, when he can make that (plus overtime) working in the oil field. And if I am correct, the CLEET training takes like 6 weeks......maybe longer????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 39
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Waste Faces 7 hr telegraphytoday 1
Filthy Faces 7 hr urtoonasty 1
Cougar Town 12 hr Caring and concerned 8
Miners 16 hr Latisha 4
Fakery Fanatics 16 hr Miss Clairol 3
News Cleanup Begins In Elk City After Tornado Levels... 22 hr As I see it 25
Eating kelbies box Sun Latisha 1

Erick Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erick Mortgages