Riverfront Restaurant
voter

Mermentau, LA

#42 Mar 18, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>Let me expain. That ordinance was passed by the City Council. When I was sworn in, I swore to obey the laws currently in place. We had no choice but to deny. They can apply for a variance, if they wish. By the way the vote was 5-0 to deny. It is all public knowledge on the internet. They could put their modular building on another street where they are allowed. In Lafayete, we own an acre of property across from the Acadiana Mall. Used car lots are prohibited, modular buildings are prohibited, metal roofs are prohibited, bars are prohibited, fun jump businesses, and the list goes on and on. Lafayette is doing like we are doing. Allowing certain structures in certain parts of the city, while not letting other structures build in parts of the city. Lafayette has zoning laws, which we don't have. Only a certain type of buisiness can be put at a certain location. They are a lot stricter than us, trust me. If you would see the restrictions at River Ranch, you would be shocked. All structures have to have roof caps and built with old brick or stucco, with some wood allowed for trim, for starters. St. Francis Woods in Abbeville, has some pretty tough subdivision restrictions, too, so it is not just Mid South Bank on 167 that can't do what they want.
How about trashy places like the flea mkt on Charity across from the old Franks. Did they get a permit for that fancy fence to hide there junk before the contest? Wonder if they could pass a Fire Marshal's inspection? No, they living in that rathole. The business is next door. It is not a business behind the fence!
Is this better than a modular building? It is an eyesore!
lemonjello

Lafayette, LA

#43 Mar 18, 2013
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
They just might get it! It is as prime as prime gets for vermilion parish.
It might look like prime property, but its not. The parking lot is the only part that is high enough to build on. Check out where the kitchen was, when they tore it down, its a swamp under it. Nothing but one big mudhole. So you aren't building anything near the water unless you haul a thousand tons of dirt, or you build it on poles like a camp. And a person just might do that, if they owned the property.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#44 Mar 19, 2013
MrsCuldesac wrote:
Fred, yes I know River Ranch has strict guide lines. But that's River Ranch!
I had seen a modular bldg, just erected on the other side of Laf. For a business and I was not aware in certain areas it's different.
It's good they have guidelines, but too bad they cannot just crack down on the areas in residential that have horrible yards. Some people look like they have a circus in their yard, probably where crazy lives! You know the ones with Aluminum foil on the windows! That too should be against the law! So unsightly especially when it's all torn and such! Just Nasty!
Mid South is going to give us another set of plans. They are trying to get them ready for our meeting on Thursday. Hopefully, everything is in order, so we can approve the application.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#45 Mar 19, 2013
Strange wrote:
<quoted text>
That is strange because you sure look like you would of done that.
Looks are deceiving. You can't judge a book by its cover.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#46 Mar 19, 2013
voter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about trashy places like the flea mkt on Charity across from the old Franks. Did they get a permit for that fancy fence to hide there junk before the contest? Wonder if they could pass a Fire Marshal's inspection? No, they living in that rathole. The business is next door. It is not a business behind the fence!
Is this better than a modular building? It is an eyesore!
A permit is not required to construct a fence to my knowledge unless if the fence is over a certain height, I think 6 feet. Fire Marshall inspection is not always required when a new business operates in the same location as a previous business. It would not be required if another flea market opened, but it would be required if someone wanted to convert the flea market to an office building. I will take a look at it, once the new ordinance is passed, and if in doubt, I will get the Public Works Director to take a look at it. You may want to talk to Matt Suire, the Fire Chief. That is an area we don't cover except we require a clean Fire Marshall's report before we let a new business open, or if a building has been modified, we require a clean report from the Fire Marshall, a clean report from an engineer on water runoff, and in some cases other clean reports like from the state in the event of new billboard construction.. In other words we won't let a business open that in the Engineer's opinion, would flood their neighbor or cause other drainage issues.
citizen

Abbeville, LA

#47 Mar 23, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>A permit is not required to construct a fence to my knowledge unless if the fence is over a certain height, I think 6 feet. Fire Marshall inspection is not always required when a new business operates in the same location as a previous business. It would not be required if another flea market opened, but it would be required if someone wanted to convert the flea market to an office building. I will take a look at it, once the new ordinance is passed, and if in doubt, I will get the Public Works Director to take a look at it. You may want to talk to Matt Suire, the Fire Chief. That is an area we don't cover except we require a clean Fire Marshall's report before we let a new business open, or if a building has been modified, we require a clean report from the Fire Marshall, a clean report from an engineer on water runoff, and in some cases other clean reports like from the state in the event of new billboard construction.. In other words we won't let a business open that in the Engineer's opinion, would flood their neighbor or cause other drainage issues.
Fred, you been quiet about your big meeting last week , looks like the city will stay the same.....
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#48 Mar 24, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Fred, you been quiet about your big meeting last week , looks like the city will stay the same.....
We covered a lot last wee in ourmeeting. Mid South showed up and will make their building into a non modular building, so we approved it, pending then come back and show us exactly what they will do and our engineer approves it as a non modular building. Another lady wants to put up a dance studio on Charity Street across from the funeral home, and we approved her, too, pending fire marshall clean report. Our meetings last an hour, and that took up the whole hour, so we voted to extend the meeting another hour, in which we discussed a sign ordinance. Ike, our attorney, then drafted an ordinance which I received in the mail yesterday. We have called a special meeting tomorrow at 10AM, which is open to the public to hopefully approve the sign ordinance, which concentrates on billboards. We never have called a special meeting yet, but we have so much to cover, we may have to call another special meeting before our next scheduled meeting to discuss the vacant building ordinance, which we touched on last week. The meeting is expected to last two hours tomorrow, so we will have met for four hours in a week, which we normally do in a four month period. Cleanest city contest is nine days away, so we have to concentrate on that, but I will make a motion to have another special meeting after the cleanest city contest. We always have to make sure the city attorney won't be in court one day, the Mayor can be there and all five can be there, so sometimes a date for a special meeting is hard to fit in everyone's schedule, but we are moving as fast as we can. Thanks for your interest, and you are welcome to come to our meetings. They are always on the third Tuesday of the month, at 11 AM, unless if there is a conflict, like there was last week.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#49 Mar 24, 2013
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Fred, you been quiet about your big meeting last week , looks like the city will stay the same.....
Read my post on the other thread.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#50 Mar 24, 2013
I should have said read the above post.
MrsCuldesac

Humble, TX

#51 Mar 24, 2013
Thanks Fred, no need to have gone to meeting everything you posted I see, thanks! Lol
drop dead fred

Abbeville, LA

#52 Mar 24, 2013
fred ha ha ha Eating Out good one NOT.... how a admitted drug user gets on all these govern boards for City of Abbeville. Sounds like a pay off to sum one.May be State or FBI should check this ch!t out.There is sumthing that is not right with that.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#53 Mar 24, 2013
drop dead fred wrote:
fred ha ha ha Eating Out good one NOT.... how a admitted drug user gets on all these govern boards for City of Abbeville. Sounds like a pay off to sum one.May be State or FBI should check this ch!t out.There is sumthing that is not right with that.
I don't get paid a penny, and we get a lot accomplished. Why don't you come to our meetings and see what we do and how I contribute before being critical. I was asked by a high ranking city official to be on the board. I didn't even know the Planning and Zoning Board existed until I was asked. So, how could I pay off someone, for something I knew nothing about? What you are jealous because you were not picked. Maybe I am being picked because I am doing something right. Why don't you ask the Mayor or any City Councilmember about the job I am doing?
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#54 Mar 24, 2013
drop dead fred wrote:
The FBI should check you out because you sound like a stalker to me.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#55 Mar 24, 2013
MrsCuldesac wrote:
Thanks Fred, no need to have gone to meeting everything you posted I see, thanks! Lol
Karma is about to bring you some good news.
streets are full of trash

Abbeville, LA

#56 Mar 24, 2013
fred does the truth hurt, high ranking cousin looks like you are kissing up to Mrs C after running her though sh!t.Been riding around City most streets are full of trash ditches have trash it is just nasty. Will these clean City judges be taken to the stixs? Will you please tell us the route plan for these judges..
lol

Abbeville, LA

#57 Mar 25, 2013
Go pick up the trash and quit bitttttc hing.
HAHAHA

Abbeville, LA

#58 Mar 25, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't have a buddy in college, and FYI I have engaged in the devious sexual relations with him or any man.
YOU HAVE ENGAGED ALL RIGHT
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#59 Mar 26, 2013
streets are full of trash wrote:
fred does the truth hurt, high ranking cousin looks like you are kissing up to Mrs C after running her though sh!t.Been riding around City most streets are full of trash ditches have trash it is just nasty. Will these clean City judges be taken to the stixs? Will you please tell us the route plan for these judges..
1. Leave City Hall
2. Left on Peace
3. left on North St Charles
4. Left on West Oak
5. right on Cypress
6. Left on Hollingsworth
7. Left on North State
8. Left on Veterans Memorial
9. Left on Park
10. Left on Port
11. Right on South Main
12. Right on Second
13. Left on Lake
14. Left on Fifth
15. Left on Main
16. Right on Third
17. Left on South State
18. Left on Lafayette
19. Right on South Jefferson
20. Left on North Magdalen Square
21. Left on Washington
22. Left on South Magdalen Square
23. Left on Jefferson to City Hall parking lot

IF YOU LIVE ON THE ROUTE PLEASE MAKE YOUR HOUSE AND YARD LOOK AS GOOD AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!! Also thhe judges will be coming from New Iberia, so it is important to make the By Pass and Charity Street look good. After spending the night in Abbeville, the judges will go to Lafayette, so those of us on 167 need to make our houses and yards look great. The judges can ask us to deviate from the route, so they may take a tour of the streets.
I am not sucking up to Mrs. C. I had something important to relay to her.
wat

Abbeville, LA

#60 Mar 26, 2013
no streets in the stixs why dont you make your houses in the stixs look good fake azz City Clean most houses on that route can afford yard men lol what a joke
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#61 Mar 26, 2013
wat wrote:
no streets in the stixs why dont you make your houses in the stixs look good fake azz City Clean most houses on that route can afford yard men lol what a joke
They are all for sale. You can buy them and make them look like the White House.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Love my VPSO 1 hr Shame 35
Cox cable will lower your bill if you do what I... (Sep '11) 2 hr frank 57
Flinstones Break Up. 6 hr Scum 365
Katy just destroyed Todd Travasos gto haha 11 hr beelzebub 53
abbeville youth program Sun Dump Trump 241
Eye sore on John Hardy (Nov '12) Apr 30 Voter 29
District D - Special Election (May '15) Apr 30 Pam Darby 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erath Mortgages