First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Joey Job

Abbeville, LA

#1 Jan 21, 2013
Talked with this fellow, Frank Collatt, who told me all these stories. About his bank taking his money from him. His airplane being seized at the Abbeville air port. How he had this business and property somewhere that the government stole from him.
It seemed like a lot of tall tales from this guy.
Can anyone tell me if they know it to be true or is he full of hot air?
googler

Gueydan, LA

#2 Jan 21, 2013
Joey Job wrote:
Talked with this fellow, Frank Collatt, who told me all these stories. About his bank taking his money from him. His airplane being seized at the Abbeville air port. How he had this business and property somewhere that the government stole from him.
It seemed like a lot of tall tales from this guy.
Can anyone tell me if they know it to be true or is he full of hot air?
I don't know if it's the same Frank Collatt, but he was convicted in the early 1980's for attempted murder and was a mental patient for many years. Google and search his name.
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#3 Jan 21, 2013
googler wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know if it's the same Frank Collatt, but he was convicted in the early 1980's for attempted murder and was a mental patient for many years. Google and search his name.
It is the same guy. I graduated with hin im 1978. He is about 6.5 feet tall, blonder hair, claims to have/had cancer. He shot one of the Faciane's and was sentenced to about 69 years in prison. It was Lisa Ficiane's husband. He was an average student, and has never been married. He lives in the old family home at the corner of Bailey and St. Victor. He was also arrested for possession on LSD when he was about 20 years old. He is a nice guy, some would say strange, and my opinion is the drugs made him do it. He always had stories that seemed to be unbelievable, but I never found out if he was telling the truth, or not. Mrs. C. knows him, and could probably tell you more.
googler

Gueydan, LA

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>It is the same guy. I graduated with hin im 1978. He is about 6.5 feet tall, blonder hair, claims to have/had cancer. He shot one of the Faciane's and was sentenced to about 69 years in prison. It was Lisa Ficiane's husband. He was an average student, and has never been married. He lives in the old family home at the corner of Bailey and St. Victor. He was also arrested for possession on LSD when he was about 20 years old. He is a nice guy, some would say strange, and my opinion is the drugs made him do it. He always had stories that seemed to be unbelievable, but I never found out if he was telling the truth, or not. Mrs. C. knows him, and could probably tell you more.
Did he go to prison? I remember reading about it years ago. but don't remember the outcome.
and theres more

Abbeville, LA

#5 Jan 22, 2013
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>It is the same guy. I graduated with hin im 1978. He is about 6.5 feet tall, blonder hair, claims to have/had cancer. He shot one of the Faciane's and was sentenced to about 69 years in prison. It was Lisa Ficiane's husband. He was an average student, and has never been married. He lives in the old family home at the corner of Bailey and St. Victor. He was also arrested for possession on LSD when he was about 20 years old. He is a nice guy, some would say strange, and my opinion is the drugs made him do it. He always had stories that seemed to be unbelievable, but I never found out if he was telling the truth, or not. Mrs. C. knows him, and could probably tell you more.
The cops also found a bunch of stolen guns in his attic. They were stolen from the Faciane's.
MrsCuldesac

Call, TX

#6 Jan 22, 2013
Why talk about him? If you so curious why not go ask the man himself?
Joey Job, what's your interest in the man, if you don't mind me asking? I read you spoke with him, and if Frank told you these things it's probably true. I do know of him and he pretty much stays to himself, so why bring his name up on topic once again? We have many interesting people here in this parish, their not just in the movies! Lol
Fred

Abbeville, LA

#7 Jan 22, 2013
googler wrote:
<quoted text> Did he go to prison? I remember reading about it years ago. but don't remember the outcome.
Yes he did for quite a while, then finished his sentence in Vermilion Parish Jail as a trustee at the end.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 22, 2013
Oh wow thank you Fred! You are soooo smart. So nice of you to inform us little people. Can I have the next dead animal you kill? We barely netted a mill last year and could really use the protein. Thanks in advance!

Since: Jul 10

Ventress

#9 Jan 22, 2013
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
Oh wow thank you Fred! You are soooo smart. So nice of you to inform us little people. Can I have the next dead animal you kill? We barely netted a mill last year and could really use the protein. Thanks in advance!
Well, you could figure the magic number would be 69 in his business.
MrsCuldesac

Humble, TX

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Kmsl too funny
undercover

Abbeville, LA

#11 Jan 24, 2013
I think Frank was an undercover agent working for the Feds. He is the one that brought down Norreago. He went to jail to hide his cover. It was all part of the plan.
tall tale spinner

Abbeville, LA

#12 Jan 24, 2013
Bet Frank is an interesting fella. I doubt the Noreiga story but the prison part is true and he did at one time own a business in Maurice. He also used to write prolifically in response to various political news stories. Nothing recent though. Maybe the government has silenced him....hmmmm
MrsCuldesac

United States

#13 Jan 24, 2013
I guess when you been through all what he has been through me too I would put shutters that lock from the outside on his house! Wait, did I say lock from the outside? Just different... Very smart person, and at one time I do know he had a lot if money... He was always very nice when I spoke to him. I do believe something's he has said... About his business that is.
kmsl again

Abbeville, LA

#14 Jan 24, 2013
MrsCuldesac wrote:
I guess when you been through all what he has been through me too I would put shutters that lock from the outside on his house! Wait, did I say lock from the outside? Just different... Very smart person, and at one time I do know he had a lot if money... He was always very nice when I spoke to him. I do believe something's he has said... About his business that is.
as long as they are harmless, I like people who are different.... makes the world interesting.
Yay

Buffalo, NY

#15 Jan 24, 2013
If we were all alike....just think of how boring life would be.
MrsCuldesac

United States

#16 Jan 24, 2013
True dat! We are just one Big Rainbow!
Kmsl, well maybe not all of us but I like meeting new peeps!

We can learn a lot if we learn to listen!
hannn

Abbeville, LA

#17 Jan 25, 2013
kmsl again wrote:
<quoted text>
as long as they are harmless, I like people who are different.... makes the world interesting.
Did you say harmless. As I recall, he shot Billy by ambush, then chased his momma and dad all over their house shooting at them with a 44 mag. "Harmless" wow
kmsl again

Abbeville, LA

#18 Jan 25, 2013
hannn wrote:
<quoted text>Did you say harmless. As I recall, he shot Billy by ambush, then chased his momma and dad all over their house shooting at them with a 44 mag. "Harmless" wow
That was over 30 years ago... people do change
MrsCuldesac

United States

#19 Jan 25, 2013
Listen, is what I said! They said as long as they r harmless. Not saying Frank is harmless people in general is what I understood...lol
MrsCuldesac

United States

#20 Jan 25, 2013
I've met and talked to him, very smart man. He was also very giving to help a few people I knew with a job. Never could of told that he was ever in jail at one time!
Mr. Faciane, always was a dear friend of ours, but what went on with them is their business not mine.

We supposed to forgive, to be able to move forward. Some can forgive, some cannot!
I always say a smart person can forgive, but not Forget
Myself personally can forgive, but I will not Forget!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court of Public Opinion part 2 32 min The Freds 25
Anthony Fontana sends mean letter to Simone Cha... (Jun '11) 11 hr Hello 17
2015 Sheriffs Race (Jan '14) 14 hr weneedchange 771
Ghost hunters search for spirits in Eunice (Nov '09) Wed Wondering 20
Billie hebert Erath Dec 11 playa 5
Billie hebert Dec 7 little boy pep 1
Erath Gossup Slacking (Apr '10) Dec 7 little boy pep 128
Erath Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web