what's up with erath football coach b...

what's up with erath football coach being fired?

Posted in the Erath Forum

touchet

United States

#1 Nov 20, 2011
Ms number three Touchet must not be too happ with her husbands decison. Did yaLl hear anything?
helen

United States

#2 Nov 20, 2011
You re pbably right. I havnt heard much yet.
a fan

Lafayette, LA

#3 Nov 23, 2011
Yep he was told his services were not needed. Dont know about Mrs Touchet comment. But the team numbers are down and his 3 seasons were not impressive. Not gonna put the man down because as a person and away from campus he is a family man and a dedicated coach. His program was just not working. As for the timing... its my understanding that positions are advertised in New Orleans during the finals for football. I wish him luck where ever he goes next.
Alumini

Toledo, OH

#4 Nov 24, 2011
Coming from the kids he would always say "if there is a cancer on the team, we must get rid of it." He was right and Francis just got rid of it. He always blamed the kids.
Like A FAN said he was a dedicated coach. His program just didn't work.
I don't think being a head coach was his calling.
Know Nothing

Abbeville, LA

#5 Nov 25, 2011
I think it is important to keep in mind that many of the kids that stuck it out the last few years developed a hard work ethic that will benefit them in their future as young adults. Although it was a tough three years, I predict that this coach will be a successful head coach one day and wish him the best.
sarah

United States

#6 Dec 11, 2011
Ms touchet wiLl miss him! A little too much
Go Play

Abbeville, LA

#7 Dec 12, 2011
Sarah, go play in the street
Alumnus

United States

#8 Dec 29, 2011
Any word on who's the new coach?
play ball

Jeanerette, LA

#9 Jan 4, 2012
maybe the new coach should be just that(the coach) keep all the wanna be's on the other side of the fence. i watched how certain people influenced the coaching last year in baseball and football. It is a shame that a kid plays for who they are instead of what they can do. hey new coach. tell the parents to (stay out of your business) from the start. tell them you really dont care who they are , were they went to school and how long they lived here. because the last time i checked that really didnt help them win last year.they actually have parents that want to live through there kids eyes. they cant figure out that if you earn it you get it.but everyone else sees it. And that will sure makes people dislike a coach and the people that are kissing his ass.
a fan

Abbeville, LA

#10 Jan 5, 2012
Alumnus wrote:
Any word on who's the new coach?
I understand that the formal interviews will be next week. Also that some of the coaches on staff have expressed an interest and were told to apply.
From Erath

United States

#11 Jan 22, 2012
Good Luck Coach Dotson and welcome to Erath !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Term Limits for all Elected Officials 37 min Zapped U 22
TT Drama Fri Big Momma 20
abbeville youth program (Jan '16) Thu meh 262
Cabinet shop Jan 17 no one special 3
Abbeville bus driver arrested for weed possession Jan 17 CC McGee 4
Cox cable will lower your bill if you do what I... (Sep '11) Jan 16 Ricky 69
Directors after Directors Jan 11 what 10

Erath Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance