Charges upgraded in slaying

Feb 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Advocate

The Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office has upgraded the charge against the 67-year-old Abbeville man accused in the shooting death of his son, Sheriff Mike Couvillon said Friday.

Comments
21 - 40 of 101 Comments Last updated Aug 7, 2013
Fred

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Wow wrote:
What would you do all day without topix?? You come on here like you are someone of substance and that people actually value your input. All you do is spew ignorance and stir trouble. And if someone calls you out, you try to bully them and make threats and call them "mental". Lady, the difference between me calling you crazy and you accusing me of the same is that you know nothing about me, but EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING about you. Like I said if you actually spent more time keeping your life off topix and invested that precious time in your family, things may be different. Doesn't it get old? I mean seriously, since you made your debut on here so many yrs ago look at your life now and your reputation? You can't tell me you aren't ashamed!! You are known as one of the messiest and trashiest ladies in this parish...that's not something id be proud of. You need help bc it's evident you don't see anything wrong with your actions.
Wonderful post! Very true!
Fred

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

derF wrote:
shut up todd go eat your hog lard
kma
Fred

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

yikezzzz wrote:
<quoted text> but u said u let him u sicko
GREAT! Thanks!
Heartbroken

Kaplan, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
He must have really pissed his dad off. I'm curious what this must have been about. I heard he had stolen 20 thousand dollars out of his safe. Then I head he had shot the wrong son that it was his step son that did it. Just rumors. But would like to know what could make a father shoot his son repeatedly. I did know this man. He was a very nice, always smiling friendly fellow. Life is such a mystery.
I was told that there was some trash talk on this site to I came to see for myself what was really going on. I must say before you post things on a site you should really get your facts in order. Don't you realize that there are a lot of people hurting out there? Don't you realize that this is serious and not something to get diareah of the mouth with ????? First of all get it right. You are so off base it is unreal. So please have some consideration for people that are really hurting and stop posting things that are NOT true. Some of you on here are so heartless and post things on here just to run off in the mouth. Maybe it will be your family that gets posted on topix and you will see how bad it hurts. Karma is a real B
kmsl again

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Heartbroken wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told that there was some trash talk on this site to I came to see for myself what was really going on. I must say before you post things on a site you should really get your facts in order. Don't you realize that there are a lot of people hurting out there? Don't you realize that this is serious and not something to get diareah of the mouth with ????? First of all get it right. You are so off base it is unreal. So please have some consideration for people that are really hurting and stop posting things that are NOT true. Some of you on here are so heartless and post things on here just to run off in the mouth. Maybe it will be your family that gets posted on topix and you will see how bad it hurts. Karma is a real B
On behalf of my fellow Topix commenters, I apologize to you for anything we may have said that was hurtful to you and/or your family or untrue or exaggerated.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Heartbroken wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa Nelly! I did not say any thing was true. I said I "heard" Just as many of us have "heard" things. Why don't you take your guilt trip somewhere else! I am looking for the truth. Why don't you disspell the rumors since you seem to know the truth. Thank You very much! Granted this is a rumour mill. Don't take it to heart. I seek only the truth. I know this man! I care about this man. I would like to know why he shot his son. So would a lot of us who CARED!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I understand if you can't speak of it because of the court case. You have my deepest sorry. He was a nice man, to me anyway. Good luck to you and may god bless and comfort you.
MrsCuldesac

Conroe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

It's a very hard thing when someone loses a child, family member, and in this instance 2 family members. If it means anything I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. But, I'm not sorry for saying this man did the most horrible thing any parent could do. Murder his own son. So very sad:(
In time I'm sure the public will hear what really happened, and maybe not!
Again sorry
MrsC
Heartbroken

Kaplan, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

kmsl again wrote:
<quoted text>
On behalf of my fellow Topix commenters, I apologize to you for anything we may have said that was hurtful to you and/or your family or untrue or exaggerated.
Thank you .. apology accepted. I find myself guilty at times like this too but now it has really hit home and that is what I meant by Karma !
well said

Abbeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Wow wrote:
What would you do all day without topix?? You come on here like you are someone of substance and that people actually value your input. All you do is spew ignorance and stir trouble. And if someone calls you out, you try to bully them and make threats and call them "mental". Lady, the difference between me calling you crazy and you accusing me of the same is that you know nothing about me, but EVERYONE knows EVERYTHING about you. Like I said if you actually spent more time keeping your life off topix and invested that precious time in your family, things may be different. Doesn't it get old? I mean seriously, since you made your debut on here so many yrs ago look at your life now and your reputation? You can't tell me you aren't ashamed!! You are known as one of the messiest and trashiest ladies in this parish...that's not something id be proud of. You need help bc it's evident you don't see anything wrong with your actions.
very well said and so truthful !
hello

Dayton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Wow wrote:
Lady get a life!! These people are mourning not only over a sudden death but also another person that will never see the light of day, and you are speculating on something you know nothing about. I rarely say anything, but I see everything. I can remember yrs ago, as far back as 07-08, you being on here in everyone else's business. Had you spent more time worrying about your children and husband maybe things might be different for you? Just a thought. I would say I know a lot about you, but I forget EVERYONE does...you are a topix troll with obvious mental deficiencies.
He should never see day light,much less anything else!He always was a horrible Dad!
hello

Dayton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

MrsCuldesac wrote:
It's a very hard thing when someone loses a child, family member, and in this instance 2 family members. If it means anything I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. But, I'm not sorry for saying this man did the most horrible thing any parent could do. Murder his own son. So very sad:(
In time I'm sure the public will hear what really happened, and maybe not!
Again sorry
MrsC
Don't be sorry,the story about $$ stolen is true,stepson stole money,the Dad blamed wrong Son....soo sad...The Son was a wonderful man,had a rough life with a piece of Sh*T Dad!The Dad always abused his family....HE BELONGS IN PRISON,SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE ALONG TIME AGO!
MrsCuldesac

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

hello wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be sorry,the story about $$ stolen is true,stepson stole money,the Dad blamed wrong Son....soo sad...The Son was a wonderful man,had a rough life with a piece of Sh*T Dad!The Dad always abused his family....HE BELONGS IN PRISON,SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE ALONG TIME AGO!
Any person who kills there own child, should get the death penalty, I'm sorry for their pain, not saying I hope the dad suffers big time! My heart goes out to his girlfriend & his kids!!! So sad, it's a horrible feeling to not be able to see your loved ones when they have gone awAy! Horrible aching feeling forever, lives changed:(
Heartbroken

Kaplan, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

To the one that Calls themselves Hello !! For your damn information. The stepson did not take the money. I was one of his sons, but not the one that he killed. So before you go spouting off at the mouth get your damn facts straight. You just cannot stop can you ??? and what do you mean don't be sorry.. Not everyone is as heartless as you. You have no damn respect for the family members what so ever. Just so you can gossip on here and act like you know it all. Get your facts straight and then post the truth. Other than that SHUT UP !!
Good to Know

Lafayette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Heartbroken wrote:
To the one that Calls themselves Hello !! For your damn information. The stepson did not take the money. I was one of his sons, but not the one that he killed. So before you go spouting off at the mouth get your damn facts straight. You just cannot stop can you ??? and what do you mean don't be sorry.. Not everyone is as heartless as you. You have no damn respect for the family members what so ever. Just so you can gossip on here and act like you know it all. Get your facts straight and then post the truth. Other than that SHUT UP !!
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you would of been the one who got killed and you would be able to post on Topix, then Larry wouldn't be in jail.
Heartbroken

Kaplan, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Good to Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you would of been the one who got killed and you would be able to post on Topix, then Larry wouldn't be in jail.
You need to make better sense than that for me to understand what you wrote. But for your information, as far as I am concerned Larry can rot in jail . Anyone that can shoot his own son, no matter what the problem is, is a true low life. Macade is truly missed by so many. So many lives were affected by his death. And don't take it the wrong way ? What other way can I take it ?? answer that please !!!!!! I will never understand how heartless people can be . We will not rest until we know that Larry pays for what he did. And by the way.. If Larry really wanted to get out he could. I know this for a fact.. He knows better...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

I think he meant that it was kinda funny that you said "I'm not the one he shot" Well duh.... just sayin
MrsCuldesac

Dayton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

My prayers go out to this family... This is something that eats at the heart for a long long time... To be killed by the Man that gave you Life! Not only will he rot, he will Surely burn in Hell.... PeoPle will say hurtful things, but until they WALK in the Families shoes, and have lived in the family to know the Facts, they should Respect the family!
He is gone but his Memory will live on forever, and make sure to always know he loved Life!!!!
Peace
MrsCuldesac

Dayton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Oh and by the way, it wouldn't be worth it! Let the man face his demons in Jail! He will pay at the end, of his Life....
Heartbroken

Kaplan, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

My statement about Larry getting out of jail has come true. He is right now as we speak in the process of bailing out. He is bailing out at night which he thinks is a smart thing but little does he know we know. Gods way tells me that I should forgive, but my heart tells me that I dislike him soooo much. I pray for the time that I can forgive him. But to much to ask right now. I know everyone has their rights when it comes to bailing out of jail, but in his case I feel if you took anothers life you should not be able to get out. He will probably not go to court for another year or so and he will be on the street while his son is in his grave. I need everyone to rant about this. Give him hell just like we have been through hell. Missing you Mac.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Erath Discussions

Search the Erath Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2015 Sheriffs Race (Jan '14) 4 min Get your Game on 598
Harson VS Stutes 9 min Get your Game on 100
God? 24 min Get your Game on 35
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 26 min The Real Not Landrieu 2,647
John Toups (Nov '13) 2 hr Creed 73
How to save money in utility bills ? 10 hr Slemcooo 2
April Ho - How many times has she been busted 19 hr Clay and Aprils daughter 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Erath Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••