Since: Aug 08

Abbeville

#21 Oct 8, 2008
Paul, looks like you would like to meet any anything!lol
Internet Troll

Morgan City, LA

#22 Oct 10, 2008
What Is A Troll?

Internet trolls are people who post messages on discussion boards, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually the Troll's ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?

Most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).
far far away

Murfreesboro, TN

#23 Oct 10, 2008
Very interesting this is what wikipedia has to say about the subject. I find the last line the most interesting. The cyber world has so many types of preditors.

wikipedia defines usage...
Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used to discredit an opposing position, or its proponent, by argument fallacy.

Often, calling someone a troll makes assumptions about a writer's motives. Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities. Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him...., because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls".

Frequently, someone who has been labelled a troll by a group may seek to redeem their reputation by discrediting their opponents, for example by claiming that other members of the group are closed-minded, conspirators, or trolls themselves.
far far away

Murfreesboro, TN

#24 Oct 10, 2008
Red High Heels wrote:
far far away, some people are addicted to you ! lol
Call the task force, I guess I am the new drug. LOL!!! Red High Hills glad you haven't lost your sense of humor.
far far away

Murfreesboro, TN

#25 Oct 10, 2008
te he he, I am from the hills. You have the Red High Heels. Little name play there.
paper reader

AOL

#26 Oct 10, 2008
LOL Far Yes I saw you put "hills" and just laughed ! No, I surely didn't loose my sense of humor as you can see :) On topix, that is one thing you cannot loose !!!!!!!
Red High Heels

AOL

#27 Oct 10, 2008
lmao I posted on someone else's name !!!
MrsCuldesac

Walker, LA

#28 Apr 22, 2013
i heart abbeville wrote:
I only hope and pray that she keeps these dreams close to her heart as she grows older.
Reading way back then, Topix was so different!
I came across this one and my Heart stopped...
Far Far Away

Knoxville, TN

#29 Apr 22, 2013
It sure has changed :)

The best is yet to come. Your little granddaughter has such a bright future ahead. Im very sorry about Brandy but she surely lives on in that little one. She must be a delight to be around. I hope she is feeling better.
Far Far Away

Knoxville, TN

#30 Apr 22, 2013
BTW did Fathead and his brother in Chicago ever get their revenge? Or recover anything?
Mitchell

United States

#31 Apr 23, 2013
About two weeks ago we had a family get together. We wanted the kids to see yesteryear through our own eyes. Many fascinating items i thought had disappeared were introduced and demonstrated or explained.
I had a collection of old albums in their covers I pulled out of the bag. They were facinated with the artwork but the kicker was when I pulled those things out of the sleeve their was an immediate reaction between all the kids of awe and unbelievability. They looked at the albums , then they'd look at each other with faces of disbelief.
Then my nephew exclaimed:
" Uncle Mitch those are the biggest CD's we ever saw"!!!
Mitchell

United States

#32 Apr 23, 2013
Many years ago my two neices were visiting. They were nine and five at the time. I had a phone in my bedroom and I could see they were playing with it very conspicuously. I kept an eye on them but never said anything. Finally, the youngest one came up to me and said:
" Uncle Mitch, you have the coolest phone we ever saw! It must be brand new because we never saw anything like it before!"
....it was a rotary phone....
MrsCuldesac

Walker, LA

#33 Apr 23, 2013
Sha, too cute! Kids say the funniest things
Darlene

Bridgeport, AL

#34 May 2, 2013
appalled wrote:
I cannot believe that anyone would find the post by "far far away" amusing or true. Where are your hearts people?
It is very funny......my heart is in my chest and I love America....Obama needs to go away.
Mitchell

United States

#35 May 2, 2013
When I was a freshman in high school, a select few of us were chosen for anvanced geometry( I still hate it).
We were going through the motions of identifying angle measurements, radius, etc when the smartest girl in the class( it was a small class, maybe ten of us) asked the teacher if she would please "circumcise" the circle again.
That lady lost it with the rest of us. We laughed for about five minutes straight.
But she had class(no pun intended) and apologized explaining that the word was "circumscribe".
I was glad because I would hate to have to go through that again at high school age in geometry class!
mlj57

Abbeville, LA

#36 May 2, 2013
Darlene wrote:
<quoted text>It is very funny......my heart is in my chest and I love America....Obama needs to go away.
It is already too late. He screwed up this country.
boatlander

Lafayette, LA

#37 May 2, 2013
Mitchell wrote:
About two weeks ago we had a family get together. We wanted the kids to see yesteryear through our own eyes. Many fascinating items i thought had disappeared were introduced and demonstrated or explained.
I had a collection of old albums in their covers I pulled out of the bag. They were facinated with the artwork but the kicker was when I pulled those things out of the sleeve their was an immediate reaction between all the kids of awe and unbelievability. They looked at the albums , then they'd look at each other with faces of disbelief.
Then my nephew exclaimed:
" Uncle Mitch those are the biggest CD's we ever saw"!!!

Reminds me of the amazement my 16 year old daughter had standing next to me as I put popcorn and grease in the pot. "What are you doing daddy?" "makin popcorn" Her reply "in a pot"? She had never seen such. I then said "I guess you don't know what jiffy pop is either?" me and my girlfriend just laughed so loud. My daughter looked at us puzzled and said "what so funny?"
Mitchell

United States

#38 May 2, 2013
boatlander wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of the amazement my 16 year old daughter had standing next to me as I put popcorn and grease in the pot. "What are you doing daddy?" "makin popcorn" Her reply "in a pot"? She had never seen such. I then said "I guess you don't know what jiffy pop is either?" me and my girlfriend just laughed so loud. My daughter looked at us puzzled and said "what so funny?"
That's priceless because that's a true definer of an ever changing world.
Man, jiffy pop was space age in my day. Nothing extraordinary but super easy and convenient.
Microwave prototype. Lol!

It's prolly 25 times cheaper to buy regular popcorn than microwave popcorn and really, what's the time difference.
Thanks for that.
When I get home tomorrow, that's high priority on my list.
Gunna pop corn for the kids.
MrsCuldesac

United States

#39 May 3, 2013
We pop on stove all the time , the kidsove it that way! We make salted and sweeten pop corn!
Sometimes I put Hot sauce on it! Mai's sha data good yeah! Lol
Try this

Abbeville, LA

#40 May 3, 2013
I like to sprinkle a little salt on my popcorn. Which is better, regular salt or seasalt? Not sure if ya'll have tried this or not, but you know the brown lunchbags you buy? I put some popcorn seeds in it , folded the top, put it in the microwave standing upwards, and there you go, a bag of yummy popcorn. About 2 minutes you have to watch it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what??? 4 hr ooo 19
District D - Special Election (May '15) 10 hr Helen 38
Katy just destroyed Todd Travasos gto haha 12 hr oink 64
Flinstones Break Up. Wed Domino 372
Love my VPSO Tue Dawn Marcelle 40
Cox cable will lower your bill if you do what I... (Sep '11) May 2 frank 57
abbeville youth program May 1 Dump Trump 241
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erath Mortgages