US167 has no driving in left lane unless you are passing or making a left turn

Posted in the Erath Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Left Lane Hogs

Kaplan, LA

#1 Apr 14, 2013
People who HOG the left lane from Abbeville to Lafayette and back you need to Learn US 167 has no driving in left lane unless you are passing or making a left turn. some people will be surprised when they get a nice ticket for HOGGING the left lane. If you know someone who travel 167 please let them know no driving in left lane unless you are passing or making a left turn.
Iff

Lafayette, LA

#2 Apr 22, 2013
This wouldn't be a problem if the authorities enforced this law, but it's obvious from the amount of selfish people still hogging the left lane that it isn't being enforced as it should.
pbroussard

Crowley, LA

#3 Apr 22, 2013
Iff wrote:
This wouldn't be a problem if the authorities enforced this law, but it's obvious from the amount of selfish people still hogging the left lane that it isn't being enforced as it should.
Excellent point. if they would enforce the law. reminds me of the law that was passed a few years ago. "It is now illegal to feed wild alligators in Louisiana." I still wonder what politician felt so concerned about this issue. To imagine that someone went through all the trouble to pass this law. A law that concerns about15 people in this entire state. yet its on the books. I'd like to know if anyone has ever been written a citation yet for this crime.
Passing laws against something, really doesn't mean much anymore. We have laws that say you must pay child support. But deadbeat dads don't really care about complying, because they have realized that the law will not be enforced.
I think they have criminalized so many things, that society doesn't really care.
Just Wondering

Lafayette, LA

#4 Apr 23, 2013
Yes, many laws are outdated and not needed any longer. As for the left lane driving I can think of one reason why it's needed. Ever get behind someone in the left lane driving the same speed as the vehicle on the right? You have a rolling road block for miles and miles. Drivers get frustrated, start following too close and start taking chances to pass that are risky and unsafe.

I guess the real question is, why do some people find it necessary to drive in the left lane with no consideration for others? Is it because they are incapable of driving on the right side? Do they just refuse to do their part to help traffic flow properly and safely? Maybe it's just a lack of smarts. Don't know.
taa taa

Abbeville, LA

#6 Apr 23, 2013
pbroussard wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point. if they would enforce the law. reminds me of the law that was passed a few years ago. "It is now illegal to feed wild alligators in Louisiana." I still wonder what politician felt so concerned about this issue. To imagine that someone went through all the trouble to pass this law. A law that concerns about15 people in this entire state. yet its on the books. I'd like to know if anyone has ever been written a citation yet for this crime.
Passing laws against something, really doesn't mean much anymore. We have laws that say you must pay child support. But deadbeat dads don't really care about complying, because they have realized that the law will not be enforced.
I think they have criminalized so many things, that society doesn't really care.
Its also against the law to litter, but I bet you do. You say you don't, but you do.
MrsCuldesac

United States

#7 Apr 23, 2013
Can't we all just get along? Gosh! We should put effort in being nice... I, surely will... Look at this world we living in! Okay going post it ! Lol
Nooo

Lafayette, LA

#8 Apr 23, 2013
No, we can't get along if you keep calling people pricks.
You so right

Kaplan, LA

#10 Apr 23, 2013
Just wondering
You are so very correct thank you.
I travel Hwy. 167 every day several time in the day sometime and some people will drag ass and not get out the left for nothing. I have seen many times in the afternoon a Vietnamese lady leave Lafayette and ride the left lane all the way to Abbeville and would not get her fricking ass over for nothing. Some times people get behind cars who hog the left lane and blink there lights to ask to pass and instead of getting there ass in the right lane the dumb ass hits the brakes and still will not get over I wish someone could read this and put a bug in our fine Sheriff's ear and have signs put up and try to address this before a bad accident happens.
Also Taa Taa I drive a big truck and I have a trash can on the floor on my right side to throw my trash this trucker throws his trash in the dumpster.
the catch

Abbeville, LA

#11 Apr 23, 2013
Maybe she wants to slow your ASS down . Why in such a hurry?
You so right

Kaplan, LA

#12 Apr 23, 2013
she must want to slow everyone down going to abbeville if she wants to play with herself do it at home not on the road the speed limit is sixty five not fifty what she is doing is very careless and stupid I have to run to make money and not get tied up with ass holes who dont know how to fn drive do you drive very slow to work I am not in a hurry I do not speed I dont play on the road like that lady I take my driving very serious I have been driving Rigs for over fourty years for a major oil company and pass a very strict driving test every year and have never got a single speeding ticket I just drive safe and dont do nothin stupid like that lady. OK
Flinstone

Abbeville, LA

#13 Apr 24, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
Yes, many laws are outdated and not needed any longer. As for the left lane driving I can think of one reason why it's needed. Ever get behind someone in the left lane driving the same speed as the vehicle on the right? You have a rolling road block for miles and miles. Drivers get frustrated, start following too close and start taking chances to pass that are risky and unsafe.
I guess the real question is, why do some people find it necessary to drive in the left lane with no consideration for others? Is it because they are incapable of driving on the right side? Do they just refuse to do their part to help traffic flow properly and safely? Maybe it's just a lack of smarts. Don't know.
rolling roadblocks are illegal. If you are going the speed limit or faster you can use the left lane, but move over if someone wants to pass you.
Nope

Abbeville, LA

#15 Apr 24, 2013
Flinstone wrote:
<quoted text>rolling roadblocks are illegal. If you are going the speed limit or faster you can use the left lane, but move over if someone wants to pass you.

Nope. You are wrong. You cannot ride the left lane unless you are passing somone in the right lane or making a left turn, no matter if you're doing the speed limit or not. By the way. "but move over if someone wants to pass you" is exactly what we're saying is NOT happening. "Rolling roadblocks are illegal", well we agree on something.
germx

Washington, DC

#18 Apr 26, 2013
Left Lane Hogs wrote:
People who HOG the left lane from Abbeville to Lafayette and back you need to Learn US 167 has no driving in left lane unless you are passing or making a left turn. some people will be surprised when they get a nice ticket for HOGGING the left lane. If you know someone who travel 167 please let them know no driving in left lane unless you are passing or making a left turn.
State Troopers have been the ones citing people for this since this new law was passed recently. If you feel you need to hide behind a computer, complain the Sheriff's office or State Police to Patrol it, however is it really bugging you that bad when their are other crimes being committed other than a simple traffic infraction?
to ya simple infraction

Kaplan, LA

#19 Apr 26, 2013
I just wish you could have seen how a very close call I saw when a car was doing the famous left lane road block and some stupid yo yo tried to squeeze in just missing the car by inches almost hooking their bumpers together if they would have hooked up about five cars following to close trying to get around would have ass ended them in a major pile up NOW if one of your family members would be a innocent passanger in one of the cars behind and they would have ended in a pile up and got killed would you still think it would be a simple traffic infraction
I DONT THIHK SO. no you would be the first one saying if that car would not have been tieing up the road that would not have happened traffic would have flowed so I hope you see my point if you do something simple innocent people can get hurt or killed
Yep

Abbeville, LA

#20 Apr 26, 2013
to ya simple infraction wrote:
I just wish you could have seen how a very close call I saw when a car was doing the famous left lane road block and some stupid yo yo tried to squeeze in just missing the car by inches almost hooking their bumpers together if they would have hooked up about five cars following to close trying to get around would have ass ended them in a major pile up NOW if one of your family members would be a innocent passanger in one of the cars behind and they would have ended in a pile up and got killed would you still think it would be a simple traffic infraction
I DONT THIHK SO. no you would be the first one saying if that car would not have been tieing up the road that would not have happened traffic would have flowed so I hope you see my point if you do something simple innocent people can get hurt or killed
I totally see your point...!!!
simple

Pineville, LA

#21 Apr 27, 2013
to ya simple infraction wrote:
I just wish you could have seen how a very close call I saw when a car was doing the famous left lane road block and some stupid yo yo tried to squeeze in just missing the car by inches almost hooking their bumpers together if they would have hooked up about five cars following to close trying to get around would have ass ended them in a major pile up NOW if one of your family members would be a innocent passanger in one of the cars behind and they would have ended in a pile up and got killed would you still think it would be a simple traffic infraction
I DONT THIHK SO. no you would be the first one saying if that car would not have been tieing up the road that would not have happened traffic would have flowed so I hope you see my point if you do something simple innocent people can get hurt or killed
Lik people dont do this in the right lane as well and it's not just on 167! Ease up Pal! what did you do when you saw this? Follow to close or call the Police? Propbably did nothing or were you one of the ones following too close in the left lane? Idiot.
to you simple

Kaplan, LA

#23 Apr 27, 2013
First of all Let me tell you somthing swimple go
f%#@yourself I am not an Idiot. I have driven over THREE and a HALF MILLION miles in a Truck so go play with yourself somewhere else and I'll tell you what I did for your INFORMATION swimple, I backed it down to let them get well ahead of me to give myself plenty enough time and space to stop my Rig in case the bunch got in a pile up.

And to YEP I am glad you see the point at least you and others understand I will just not risk my life and my truck for some SIMPLEY STUPID IDIOT
yeah u right

Kaplan, LA

#24 Apr 27, 2013
sounds like germx the catch & simple, are driving infractions
At Last

Abbeville, LA

#26 Apr 28, 2013
germx wrote:
<quoted text>
State Troopers have been the ones citing people for this since this new law was passed recently. If you feel you need to hide behind a computer, complain the Sheriff's office or State Police to Patrol it, however is it really bugging you that bad when their are other crimes being committed other than a simple traffic infraction?

Glad to hear the State Troopers are upholding the law. Hope they pass on the law to the local authorities so they one day are up to the task that their state counterpartsa are. Support check in the mail to the Troopers.
uhhhhhhhh

Kaplan, LA

#27 Apr 28, 2013
ok if you think so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will be Vermilion's next Sheriff? (Mar '10) 1 hr BEDROCKS 1,278
Vote for Experience 2015 7 hr ha 6
Fear Of Free Speech Thu Surprise Goober 7
Pool Players of Erath #1 thru #5 Wed smooth cat 4
Ron Landry arrested by Task Force (Apr '09) Feb 20 Gossip 55
erath man arrested for child porn (Mar '10) Jan '15 Claire5290 68
darrel robassa painting (Feb '10) Jan '15 Lol 6
Erath Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Erath People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Texans OT in remission, hopes to play in '15
Bleacher Report 2:39 PM
Saints Must Add Talented Cover CB, Run-Stopper
Bleacher Report 4:33 PM
Report: WR Johnson Could Be Released
Bleacher Report 6:15 AM
Texans' Best Options to Replace Andre Johnson
Bleacher Report10:38 AM
How the Saints Can Escape NFL's Salary-Cap Debacle