Vermilion Parish School Board

Posted in the Erath Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tired of It

Abbeville, LA

#1 Sep 19, 2013
Congratulations Vermilion Parish for making national news on common core "Pimp's and Ho's". Is this the kind of shit we have to subject our kids too? It's bad enough we have to hear Ebonics from the uneducated gangster type individuals, but now our kids have to learn about it! I personally manage 16 employees and will not hire someone that comes in for an interview and talks slang, nor will I put p with it when spoken too. I guess that's why the welfare system is overloaded. Good luck parents.
Mitchell

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Sep 19, 2013
Tired of It wrote:
Congratulations Vermilion Parish for making national news on common core "Pimp's and Ho's". Is this the kind of shit we have to subject our kids too? It's bad enough we have to hear Ebonics from the uneducated gangster type individuals, but now our kids have to learn about it! I personally manage 16 employees and will not hire someone that comes in for an interview and talks slang, nor will I put p with it when spoken too. I guess that's why the welfare system is overloaded. Good luck parents.
We've been discussing this issue for over two days on other forums.
Nine year olds in no way should be subjected to this kind of rhetoric.
I can assure you. It will be removed.
MrsCuldesac

Jasper, TX

#3 Sep 19, 2013
My question is how did it pass through to get to the class rooms? This is horrible!!
Maybe they should be still keeping prayer in school instead of this!!! Glad my granddaughter goes to Mt. Carmel. And is able to... Studying bible stories tonight instead of reading crap like that! So terrible!
slimshady

Crowley, LA

#4 Sep 19, 2013
The story I heard, was that in order to encourage the states to adopt the common core thing, they would allot significant extra money to those schools that did adopt it. I kept wondering how they could think South La. would embrace that.
erathian

Carencro, LA

#5 Sep 19, 2013
Can you say Ovmit?????
Aeinstein

United States

#6 Sep 20, 2013
The parents are complaining about this sheet, but should be complaining about the entire curriculum. It's extremely difficult, was implemented without adequate teacher preparation, and has students suffering from tons of needless stress. Wait til you see the drop in GPA's all for the dollars.
Ugly truth

Prairieville, LA

#7 Sep 20, 2013
slimshady wrote:
The story I heard, was that in order to encourage the states to adopt the common core thing, they would allot significant extra money to those schools that did adopt it. I kept wondering how they could think South La. would embrace that.
south Louisiana, will embrace whatever it has to, to get shit for free!
So True

Puyallup, WA

#8 Sep 20, 2013
Ugly truth wrote:
<quoted text> south Louisiana, will embrace whatever it has to, to get shit for free!
its embarrassing. The polls say Louisiana is the laziest state, the drunkest the most obese the most miserable the most incarcerated and in the top ten of least educated, most guns, most teen pregnancies and most prejudiced state in America. We deserve a hand out!
wow

Puyallup, WA

#9 Sep 20, 2013
Aeinstein wrote:
The parents are complaining about this sheet, but should be complaining about the entire curriculum. It's extremely difficult, was implemented without adequate teacher preparation, and has students suffering from tons of needless stress. Wait til you see the drop in GPA's all for the dollars.
I here a reality show idea take a senior class from Minnesoda and trade places for one month with a class from Abbeville high. Its time for our schools to keep up.
So True

Puyallup, WA

#10 Sep 20, 2013
I would ask for that show to be a homework assignment for the parents. Put a Minnesota bully in the group and see how his attitude changes. Everyone can learn something.
Mitchell

Puyallup, WA

#11 Sep 20, 2013
So True wrote:
<quoted text> its embarrassing. The polls say Louisiana is the laziest state, the drunkest the most obese the most miserable the most incarcerated and in the top ten of least educated, most guns, most teen pregnancies and most prejudiced state in America. We deserve a hand out!
You are DM. You just can not let go with your sickness. The polls are a figment of a twisted media mind where you fit right in. I sat in your living room for nine months and there was not one time that Seattle was friendly. If I wanted a job I would have one right now.
Mitchell

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Sep 20, 2013
Mitchell wrote:
<quoted text>You are DM. You just can not let go with your sickness. The polls are a figment of a twisted media mind where you fit right in. I sat in your living room for nine months and there was not one time that Seattle was friendly. If I wanted a job I would have one right now.
Don't know about Seattle. Lived in Everett.
The people I met were pretty friendly. Lotsa nutcases up there , though.
Really had nothing to do with work. You can't commit to new life or settle into a new environment when there are serious questions about mental stability.
It was never about wanting a job. That was the easy part.
It was about wanting a relationship that would last and being sure the markers were true.
There wasn't much leeway for discussion with a left coast liberal.
It was mostly see it my way, do it my way or hit the road.
I love the road!
Put in 67 miles this morning.

“Karma is my friend”

Since: Feb 11

Look over your shoulder

#13 Sep 20, 2013
Bull shit Mitchell,
All bullshit as usual. You cried tears when I packed your bags and you begged me every night for two months afterward to let you come back. It wasn't until I refused to marry you that you started this ugly Topix shit. Attacking Tony Hardy with your lies. I don't know Tony Hardy and he would tell you so if you had the balls to face him. You won't even face Todd, one village idiot to another.

I put in 63 miles after I worked a 10 hour day, ya loser. Aren't you glad I taught you how to ride a bike? You are welcome.

“Karma is my friend”

Look over your shoulder

#14 Sep 20, 2013
And ya know what?

The polls say Louisiana is the laziest state, the drunkest the most obese the most miserable the most incarcerated and in the top ten of least educated, most guns, most teen pregnancies and most prejudiced state in America.

Know wonder Mitch Major of New Roads, Louisiana, begged his heart out to come back to Seattle.
Wondering

Ponchatoula, LA

#15 Sep 20, 2013
Dawn Marcelle wrote:
Bull shit Mitchell,
All bullshit as usual. You cried tears when I packed your bags and you begged me every night for two months afterward to let you come back. It wasn't until I refused to marry you that you started this ugly Topix shit. Attacking Tony Hardy with your lies. I don't know Tony Hardy and he would tell you so if you had the balls to face him. You won't even face Todd, one village idiot to another.
I put in 63 miles after I worked a 10 hour day, ya loser. Aren't you glad I taught you how to ride a bike? You are welcome.
do u think tony hardy will run again???

“Karma is my friend”

Look over your shoulder

#16 Sep 20, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text> do u think tony hardy will run again???
That has nothing to do with this thread.
And I think you should ask him for yourself.

What do I think? I think Tony Hardy will be chief of police for two more terms, then he will retire.

If you people can raise the bar of education perhaps the kids brought up in a crack house won't commit suicide before they end up in jail.
Your answer

United States

#17 Sep 20, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text> do u think tony hardy will run again???
one more term and I promise you he will have no competition The deal with Fred will help him because people on here like to run down Todd. They know and other civilized people know his cops did a great job

“Karma is my friend”

Look over your shoulder

#18 Sep 20, 2013
Give us a break. Nobody cares about Topix. Nobody cares about Todd or Tammy or Brigett or Robyn or Mitchell or Donneall or even about me.

Who cares about this Topix crap?
Okay, detective Sammy does. Couvillion does too.
Like a VPSO fart in the wind.

“Karma is my friend”

Look over your shoulder

#19 Sep 20, 2013
Oops,
got tricked off topic, don't need a lecture from a hypocrite in the culdesac.

Who cares about Topix? Who cares about homework?
When our kids are concentrating on Grand Theft Auto?
hmmmm

Abbeville, LA

#20 Sep 21, 2013
Who is Dawn Marcelle from Everett, Washington and why is it concerned about what happens in Louisiana "Abbeville"? Why does it think it's comments would mean anything to us here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ghost hunters search for spirits in Eunice (Nov '09) 23 hr Wondering 20
Should Judge David Blanchet be removed from court (Jul '09) Wed Nolan 640
Trailer park off Soop Rd Wed Nikki 8
2015 Sheriffs Race (Jan '14) Tue Get your Game on 769
Harson VS Stutes (Mar '14) Mon info 436
Billie hebert Erath Dec 11 playa 5
Billie hebert Dec 7 little boy pep 1
Erath Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web