home sweet home
AbbevilleMan

New Iberia, LA

#1 Jun 22, 2012
This is the Eli Wise home built in 1894. It was modeled after a home on St. Charles Avenue in New Orleans. The Vermilion Historical Society has a slideshow on the history of this home at vermilionhistorical.com/features/presentation... .
Raccoon Dog

Abbeville, LA

#2 Jun 22, 2012
Enjoyed looking at the slideshows in the site your referenced. Thanks for the link.
resident

Abbeville, LA

#3 Jun 23, 2012
Thank you for posting this. Those slideshows are excellent.
Palms Hospital

United States

#4 Jun 23, 2012
What a fascinating sight! Thank you for sharing the link. I never knew it existed. I scrolled down to also learn about the Palms Hospital, where I was born. The history is quite interesting. My sister was literally one of the last babies born in that hospital. She was born Dec. 30, 1965, right before its doors were closed forever. And the columns on my front porch came from the top floor of the hospital. As it was torn down, people could go there and salvage any materials they wanted. My grandfather got those columns and put them on this house. I love having a special connection to part of our parish's history. Kudos to the Historical Society for making such an awesome website!
Giggled

Abbeville, LA

#5 Jun 25, 2012
The historical society did a great job putting the site together. Double kudos!

“Karma is my friend”

Since: Feb 11

Look over your shoulder

#6 Jun 25, 2012
Giggled wrote:
The historical society did a great job putting the site together. Double kudos!
Did Kermit have anything to do with that? It looks like a nice place.

I remember a "historical" home that the tax payers moved onto the banks of Lake Peignuer under the tutelage of Kermit Bouillion. That place was nice and available freely to only Kermit's friends. The Rodi employees enjoyed it immensely being Kermit was the Rodi corporate attorney in Vermilion.

Like Raywood always said, "You don't know nothin''less you heard it at Cafe Museum in Erath."
Unbelievable

United States

#7 Jun 26, 2012
Dawn Marcelle wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Kermit have anything to do with that? It looks like a nice place.
I remember a "historical" home that the tax payers moved onto the banks of Lake Peignuer under the tutelage of Kermit Bouillion. That place was nice and available freely to only Kermit's friends. The Rodi employees enjoyed it immensely being Kermit was the Rodi corporate attorney in Vermilion.
Like Raywood always said, "You don't know nothin''less you heard it at Cafe Museum in Erath."
Why do you have to ruin every single thread with your negativity and poisonous attitude? Jeez! Give it a rest! Is it your personal mission to make sure nobody can enjoy this website at any time? Some of us would like to just exchange pleasant discussion. The way you spew nastiness, thank God you're not a skunk! Everyone around you would stink, just like you. Thank you again for ruining yet another thread...I wish topix would ban you from posting!
Rod

United States

#8 Jun 26, 2012
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you have to ruin every single thread with your negativity and poisonous attitude? Jeez! Give it a rest! Is it your personal mission to make sure nobody can enjoy this website at any time? Some of us would like to just exchange pleasant discussion. The way you spew nastiness, thank God you're not a skunk! Everyone around you would stink, just like you. Thank you again for ruining yet another thread...I wish topix would ban you from posting!
Amen
lol

Abbeville, LA

#9 Jun 26, 2012
damm Debbie Downer types again MUST SUCK to be her nothing postive in her life. us cajuns us always laissez les bon temps roulez your not cajun, And will never have the cajun Joie de Vivre "WANT A BE"" lol lol

“Karma is my friend”

Look over your shoulder

#10 Jun 26, 2012
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, is the truth something negative for you? Is that why you defend your precious Topix forum where lies are born to poison innocent people? I never lied, I only asked a question.

Did Kermit have anything to do with preserving this historically significant building? Then I shared what I know to be true about his participation with the Historical Society. Does the truth always hit a bare nerve with you? Or only when it includes Kermit?

One more question: Where was Kermit and his Historical High Society when that ugly granite tombstone style sign was planted in front of the courthouse?
NOTFADEAWAY

United States

#11 Jun 26, 2012
That thing is ugly and a waste of tax payers money. For once I agree with you Dawn.
Unbelievable

United States

#12 Jun 26, 2012
(Sniff, sniff).... Peeee-YOUUUUUUUUUU! Does anybody else smell that stench of misery and the insatiable need to poison everything around her?

“Karma is my friend”

Look over your shoulder

#13 Jun 26, 2012
NOTFADEAWAY wrote:
That thing is ugly and a waste of tax payers money. For once I agree with you Dawn.
You've agreed with more than once, you just don't like to admit it.

And yeah, that sign is an eyesore taking away from the beauty of the architecture. The price tag was astronomical for the craftsmanship and NOBODY asked any questions?

Who was it that cashed that check? Or...who signed that check?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Should Monster/Redbull have an age limit for ch... (Dec '11) Sat Ejallen03 34
abbeville youth program (Jan '16) Sat huh 271
why does the sheriff keep deleting my thread Fri Pres O 32
Cox cable will lower your bill if you do what I... (Sep '11) Jul 13 Florida and cox c... 58
Looking for Shane Leblanc aka Shane Romero (Apr '13) Jul 12 sho nuf 149
Mike perry Jul 7 kozmo37643 5
erath police chief Jul 6 Concerned citizens 14

Erath Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erath Mortgages