New Sheriff pushes one of the Deputies!
Bleeds Purple

Rayville, LA

#21 Jan 15, 2013
I do not have inside people that I depend on to get me out of trouble. I stay out of trouble on my own. If I get a speeding ticket.. I pay it. I don't call in a favor. I take responsibility. If I was to do something wrong, I expect to suffer for the crime. Why?.. because it's the honest thing to do. Our criminal system is not very honest. The "Buddy" system has been in place around there for years. Should the sheriff pay the price.. yes he should.. should the janitor that takes out the trash for the court house who may have broken the law pay the price.. yes he should. Now I said all of that to say this... Why is that the things that some "Popular" people have done gets shhhh'd but if the Sheriff does something wrong.. let's break out the megaphones and shout it to the world. Is he to set an example for our parish?.. yes he is.. but shouldn't we all set an example. After all everyone is watching everyone. This is a small parish.. If we don't all know each other yet.. just wait a second you'll get to know everyone before you know it.
Timekeeper

United States

#22 Jan 15, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
Why is that the things that some "Popular" people have done gets shhhh'd but if the Sheriff does something wrong.. let's break out the megaphones and shout it to the world. Is he to set an example for our parish?.. yes he is.. but shouldn't we all set an example.
We should indeed all set an example for right in this parish. We should all be law abiding citizens too. Unfortunately that is not the case and we have certain ways of expressing that. This forum being one of the few freedoms we have to speak our minds, why should we let this official slide? People here call out our representatives, our senators, our president... This is no different. I do not agree with everything any of the aforementioned people say or do. As such to vent my frustrations, as many of you do, we come here first.

It is sometimes nice to see that there are still stand up citizens that are not afraid to speak their minds when injustice is done. I hope justice always finds its place- and no one is ever left to pay for a crime that did not commit... This is one of those times. That being said, isn't justice what we all want here?
Chucknorrismarbl esack

Liberty, TX

#23 Jan 15, 2013
Can we also remember that Lee Harrell's opponents were going around the Parish and kicking down his signs. If someone disagrees with Harrell then stand on the merits of your opposition.
If someone has a problem with Harrell then voice it in honest and open discussion. I have a big problem with character assassination and the he said she said back and forth drama.
All this on Topix is just flinging monkey dust at the man. I'm not gonna say I agree with the Sheriff on everything , but guess what Lee Harrell run for Sheriff and he was elected Sheriff.
I remain true to the Constitutional ideal of the High Sheriif being the highest elected Law Enforcer of the Land , even so more power in the Parish/County than the President himself.
Whole a lot of people get their jollies at kicking Lee Harrell , let us remember the man did give in his duty with LSP risking life and limb to protect and keep the peace in this State. What is that worth to our peace of mind?
Richland gal

United States

#24 Jan 16, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
I do not have inside people that I depend on to get me out of trouble. I stay out of trouble on my own. If I get a speeding ticket.. I pay it. I don't call in a favor. I take responsibility. If I was to do something wrong, I expect to suffer for the crime. Why?.. because it's the honest thing to do. Our criminal system is not very honest. The "Buddy" system has been in place around there for years. Should the sheriff pay the price.. yes he should.. should the janitor that takes out the trash for the court house who may have broken the law pay the price.. yes he should. Now I said all of that to say this... Why is that the things that some "Popular" people have done gets shhhh'd but if the Sheriff does something wrong.. let's break out the megaphones and shout it to the world. Is he to set an example for our parish?.. yes he is.. but shouldn't we all set an example. After all everyone is watching everyone. This is a small parish.. If we don't all know each other yet.. just wait a second you'll get to know everyone before you know it.
Well said.
Richland gal

United States

#25 Jan 16, 2013
Chucknorrismarblesack wrote:
Can we also remember that Lee Harrell's opponents were going around the Parish and kicking down his signs. If someone disagrees with Harrell then stand on the merits of your opposition.
If someone has a problem with Harrell then voice it in honest and open discussion. I have a big problem with character assassination and the he said she said back and forth drama.
All this on Topix is just flinging monkey dust at the man. I'm not gonna say I agree with the Sheriff on everything , but guess what Lee Harrell run for Sheriff and he was elected Sheriff.
I remain true to the Constitutional ideal of the High Sheriif being the highest elected Law Enforcer of the Land , even so more power in the Parish/County than the President himself.
Whole a lot of people get their jollies at kicking Lee Harrell , let us remember the man did give in his duty with LSP risking life and limb to protect and keep the peace in this State. What is that worth to our peace of mind?
Also well said!

Since: Apr 11

West Monroe, LA

#27 Jan 17, 2013
Well I supported him, and like chucks marble sack said...I don't agree with everything he does but I feel like this is outta character, I don't the older guy or I'd ask him...the sheriff just dosent strike me as a violent person
Timekeeper

Monroe, LA

#28 Jan 17, 2013
Chucknorrismarblesack wrote:
I do not feel that this is the case at all. I feel as though the people of this parish have a right to know the truth. Whether it be good or bad. I do not comment if I do not know the facts behind the situation. Unfortunately this is sad new indeed... If there was nothing to report I would not weigh in. By the same token? I you would not like to hear the truth, you do not have to subject yourself to it.

If you were the victim I hope as though you would feel the same way. The shenanigans have to stop somewhere... It might as well be right here.

Topix is well known for blasphemous mudslinging, not just to the man in question here... But to anyone who cares, this is no such thing.
Curious

United States

#29 Jan 19, 2013
RAZORBK wrote:
Well I supported him, and like chucks marble sack said...I don't agree with everything he does but I feel like this is outta character, I don't the older guy or I'd ask him...the sheriff just dosent strike me as a violent person
His temper has landed him in hot water on several occasions
Truthshallsetyou free

United States

#30 Jan 19, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
His temper has landed him in hot water on several occasions
Do you have any proof of that? I was told that it was a supervisor, not the sheriff, that did the poking...
Slam

Sterlington, LA

#31 Jan 20, 2013
Truthshallsetyoufree wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any proof of that? I was told that it was a supervisor, not the sheriff, that did the poking...
Well, you were told wrong. It was the Sheriff that did the poking plus the screaming and hollering. Better yet, why not just ask Mr. Vinson, he will tell the truth. He has always been an honorable man!
for sure

Sarepta, LA

#32 Jan 20, 2013
Yes it was Mr Eugene Vinson, been there for approximately 25 years. Ask him, he is an honest man
that start nothing on anyone. What does everyone think about "A New Day In Richland Parish" now? Grass not as green as everyone thought except for a few....
Mangham resident

Ringgold, LA

#33 Jan 20, 2013
Mr. Vinson son confronted the sheriff about this and the sheriff told him I'am in charge now. Whatever that is suppose to mean. I was beginning to like the way things was going seeing more patrol cars on the road,a deputy posted at MHS every morning BTW I guess Lenny dosent want to look bad because he now sits in front of MES.
Eagle Eye

Powhatan, LA

#34 Jan 22, 2013
Timekeeper wrote:
Upon further investigation you will all find that this is not an isolated incident with the new sheriff. He has already put his hands on a female employee up on the third floor a few months ago.
It is indeed a shame that our good parish has deteriorated to a society where this is somehow ok. This is a disgrace for not only a sheriffs deputy, but for our entire community. There is no room for an egomaniac that chooses to abuse his authority in such a manner that it effects each of us... Directly or indirectly! It is with deep sorrow that I inform each of those who are reading this, that we are only just seeing the beginning.
Yes and also he had one of his fits and clear off a female's desk and told her to start over and this time get it right...I think some one needs to call the TV KNOE OR KTVE AND PASS ALL THIS ALONE TO THEM....Eagle Eye
Slam

Sterlington, LA

#35 Jan 22, 2013
Eagle Eye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and also he had one of his fits and clear off a female's desk and told her to start over and this time get it right...I think some one needs to call the TV KNOE OR KTVE AND PASS ALL THIS ALONE TO THEM....Eagle Eye
Agreed
Eagle Eye

Powhatan, LA

#36 Jan 23, 2013
Opinions are like butt holes ever one has one! My close family lives in Delhi and know Lee Harrell very well.. When Lee Harrell was on the Delhi Police Department there was several times he was very over baring in making arrest and also one time pistol slap a person... He always had that chest out and walked like he was above ever one else.. Lee Harrell's attitude and temper started at a young age and seems to contender.. He went to the State Police for 25 years, well as you all know being a State Trooper he trying to build a name and being untouchable..(I AM A STATE TROOPER)
Remember back we had a State Trooper Mr. Thompson for a Sheriff well 4 years out of office..Being a State Trooper and a Sherriff are two entirely totally separate persons... A Sheriff needs to be able to control his temper and connect with the people within the Parish.. That also means be consecrate to the personnel he has under him... Having respect to the voters that put him in office so far all I see if disrespect.. My under standing for the Sheriff all the offices within the courthouse square has lost respect for our Sheriff.. Mr. Vinson this really gets to me to my heart Mr. Vinson is 72 years had 5 bypasses and taking blood thinner and for any one to punch him in the chest is very very un call for... I seen the pictures of his chest and bruise marks are there...
Sheriff needs to also be a politician not a BULLY.. Eagle Eye
Bleeds Purple

Vidalia, LA

#37 Jan 23, 2013
We had no choice during the election. If Gary Gilley got voted in the system would stay the same (corrupt buddy system). If Lee Harrell got voted in, we were taking a chance on someone that appeared to have it all together but had some things in his closet. What can I say.. We were screwed either way we voted. People of our parish were divided. The vote was so close that no one knew until the final who would win. It all came down to persuasive votes. Lee Harrell won.. so now we are stuck with him until the next election. Who knew though... right.. that's how politics works.. it's who says the right things and covers up their past mistakes the best. That's why we need to always PRAY for our leaders.
Mangham resident

Jena, LA

#38 Jan 23, 2013
I agree with you bleeds purple we had to take a chance with Harrell. Gilley would have led the department nowhere he would have to depend on Flemming to do his job. But I disagree with the statement on having Harrell till the next election. If all the above is true and more is to come he will be out of office soon enough.
Eagle Eye

Powhatan, LA

#39 Jan 23, 2013
Mangham resident wrote:
I agree with you bleeds purple we had to take a chance with Harrell. Gilley would have led the department nowhere he would have to depend on Flemming to do his job. But I disagree with the statement on having Harrell till the next election. If all the above is true and more is to come he will be out of office soon enough.
I agree with you Mangham Resident he is a bully and has a problem dealing with people...What if he may go off with some of your kin dont sound good dose it...Some one needs to contact KNOE OR KTVE and past all thid to them... Tell them just to read Topix I bey they will check into it and ask questions where needed....Eagle Eye
Timekeeper

United States

#40 Jan 23, 2013
The said busy system is still in place... Just new buddies.
for sure

Winnsboro, LA

#41 Jan 26, 2013
Guess nothing going to be done....have to wait until the election in 2015......Who are we going to get to run for Sheriff? This man had his chance.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Epps Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hurricane irma Sep '17 Jstewart 3
News Woman Pleads Guilty for 2011 Double Murder (Mar '13) Aug '13 TAMMY HENDERSON 2
West Carroll Detention center Center (Sep '12) Sep '12 NOTFADEAWAY 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Louisiana ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 TOMAHAWK 17
richey girls (Jul '10) Jul '10 copperhead318 2
News 13 arrested so far in narcotics investigation (May '10) May '10 Interested 1
News 130 Inmates from Houston Move to Epps Jail (Sep '08) Sep '09 calleni 9

Epps Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Epps Mortgages