New Sheriff pushes one of the Deputies!

Posted in the Epps Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Concerned

United States

#1 Jan 12, 2013
Sheriff Harrell pushes one of his officers! What the crap?!??
Concerned

Sarepta, LA

#2 Jan 12, 2013
That's awful! What is the parish coming to
Slam

Sarepta, LA

#3 Jan 12, 2013
And an elderly deputy at that. That is just not right if this incident happened
Timekeeper

Monroe, LA

#4 Jan 12, 2013
Upon further investigation you will all find that this is not an isolated incident with the new sheriff. He has already put his hands on a female employee up on the third floor a few months ago.

It is indeed a shame that our good parish has deteriorated to a society where this is somehow ok. This is a disgrace for not only a sheriffs deputy, but for our entire community. There is no room for an egomaniac that chooses to abuse his authority in such a manner that it effects each of us... Directly or indirectly! It is with deep sorrow that I inform each of those who are reading this, that we are only just seeing the beginning.
Concerned

United States

#5 Jan 12, 2013
And this is suppose to be a Christian man! Christian men don't put their hands on anyone. Wonder what will come of this. Something has to be done before anyone gets hurt.
Richland gal

Bentonville, AR

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Who, when, why, witnesses...anyone?
aint seen nothing

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Jan 13, 2013
Simple battery is what this is and he needs to be charged with it. Please people don't let this rest !!!!
Richland gal

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Jan 13, 2013
I have heard from another source that Mr. Vinson was poked. He poked him. POKED him, people. He didn't strike him, kick or punch him. All this is allegedly, at that. We weren't there.

And I have heard that Mr. Vinson left the RPSO. Was he fired? Did he quit? Was the alleged poking so brutal that it caused a disability? Doubtful. I mean heck, I poke my three kids at least once a week. There are no bruises, nor any pain...just a certainty that if they don't get with Mama's program, more than a poking is on its way.

Honestly, I doubt anything physical occurred. I'm thinking that this alleged poking incident is being made much of by non-Harrell supporters because their own candidate did not win. Get over it.
Get it straight

United States

#9 Jan 13, 2013
You apparently didn't get the whole story. There are bruises. No one is above the law including the sheriff. He is supposed to be setting a good example for his employees not abusing them. Get your facts from the deputy on his situation before you voice your opinion. And yes this has happened before involving a female. They should press charges against him. This is wrong no matter who voted for him.
Richland gal

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Jan 13, 2013
Get it straight wrote:
You apparently didn't get the whole story. There are bruises. No one is above the law including the sheriff. He is supposed to be setting a good example for his employees not abusing them. Get your facts from the deputy on his situation before you voice your opinion. And yes this has happened before involving a female. They should press charges against him. This is wrong no matter who voted for him.
You're right, I didn't get the full story. Did you? Would you care to share?
Timekeeper

Monroe, LA

#11 Jan 13, 2013
People can be so cynical... This happened. The election has nothing to do with right or wrong. Contrary to what some people believe.
Get it straight

United States

#12 Jan 13, 2013
Timekeeper wrote:
People can be so cynical... This happened. The election has nothing to do with right or wrong. Contrary to what some people believe.
I agree with you. It's time they realize he is not the person they think he is. I definitely think someone needs to do something No one should be treated like this.
funny

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Jan 13, 2013
Richland girl you jump the gun putting comments on here without checking them out but that is normal for you your man screwed up!!!!!!!!1

Since: Apr 11

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Jan 13, 2013
Somehow I doubt he's out punching women and the elderly...
Timekeeper

Monroe, LA

#15 Jan 13, 2013
Battery is battery Razorback... If you read the state statute is says nothing about punching. In a fit of rage this man is laying his hands not on the citizens of our parish, but his own employees. For a man who is supposed to stand for what is right for our public, one would assume he would be a bit more passive. In fact, the words uttered during this last incident are particularly troubling. The man that was attacked has served in this capacity for over 20 years. This is a man who is widely known to have good character... He has served the judges of this and surrounding parishes and served them well. He is not a flunky, he is not a liar, and he is not a man who was at all against the sheriff. Everyday when I get up and put my pants on to go to work, I do not go their to be abused by my boss... I go there to do my job to the best of my abilities and to go home at the end of the day. I believe this to be the same for each of you who are able to read this. If an incident like this occurs in my work place one would hope that action would be taken, and no one would doubt that it has happened due to some sort of political propaganda!

Again, the actions taken are unacceptable regardless of who performed these actions. I hope action is taken quickly and fairly for all parties involved. The sheriff should be held to a higher standard than the public... I know some of you are going to ask why? Lee Harrell has been quoted on record stating that the chief law enforcement officers of a community should be held to this higher standard. Should that not be the case now? Are we now living in a double standard?
Richland gal

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Jan 14, 2013
funny wrote:
Richland girl you jump the gun putting comments on here without checking them out but that is normal for you your man screwed up!!!!!!!!1
I have not heard the whole story...I've said that. I seem to be the only one on this forum NOT jumping to conclusions. That's because I don't have the facts...or at least all of them. Do you? In all these comments, y'all say this happened, or that happened...but you never say the full story. I believe it's because you don't KNOW the full story. I don't, and freely admit that. But the funny thing is, you don't (apparently) either. Go ahead, set me straight on the WHOLE story. Otherwise, you're part of the problem.
Bleeds Purple

Rayville, LA

#17 Jan 14, 2013
You guys are right.. charges should be filed. Just like all the other things that happened even before Lee Harrell was in office. Like theft of money.. on two occasions that I know of. Domestic violence that an officer had between him and his now ex wife. It seems to me like it all depends on whose team your on, when it comes to doing what is right. If it's against your team.. let's sweep it under the rug. If it's the other team.. let's make sure that everyone knows about this incident and get charges filed. Why can't we be on the same team?.. I mean this is "OUR" parish. Doing what is right is not always convient when in comes to who is getting in trouble. But shouldn't we still do what is right no matter what?.. I mean that is the "CHRISTIAN" way. According to this past election, we had nothing but "CHRISTIANS" running for office.
Timekeeper

Monroe, LA

#18 Jan 14, 2013
Im all for equal action... However, the things during a past administration are not the current items of debate.

This isn't about the past, or even the future... These are current events in our parish taking place. Teams do not matter in the question of right and wrong, or they shouldn't!
Richland gal

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Jan 14, 2013
Timekeeper wrote:
Im all for equal action... However, the things during a past administration are not the current items of debate.

This isn't about the past, or even the future... These are current events in our parish taking place. Teams do not matter in the question of right and wrong, or they shouldn't!
So are you saying that anything that may not have been above-board, or that may have gone unprosecuted in the past administration should be overlooked simply because its "in the past?" If so, then by that standard everything that happened last week with Mr. Vinson is too, right? Of course not. That's silly.
Timekeeper

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Jan 14, 2013
Forgive me if I sound condescending... But are you familiar with the term "statute of limitations"?

I do not know exactly the time frame we are talking about this theft of money that took place was. That is something to consider in this situation though. There is no such thing as a victimless crime, in spite of what the Uniform Crime Report acknowledges... In some shape, form, or fashion all crime has some sort of victim. In this case, it happens to be an elderly man... Are you suggesting there is a different angle possibly I haven't seen this from? Before each and every resident of our parish may have indirectly been a victim of this theft you speak of... However, now a physical attack of an employee is compromising not only our parish, but a man who has directly been effected by these actions.

Maybe it is silly for me to think that the sheriff should be held accountable for his own actions... Let alone the actions of his employees. However, as was stated he did acknowledge the fact that the chief law enforcement officer over a department is liable for all the action that are taken, not only by him- but also this who work for him. Now, these are HIS actions. Should we really get on a topic about those he employs too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Epps Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 7 hr The real Not Land... 3,280
Delhi Chief of Police Sep 11 T pole 2
open carry? Sep 4 Oldfart 3
Who do you support for 5th district Congressman Sep 2 Joe 5
Be on the alert for scrap haulers that are thie... (Sep '10) Aug 23 copperhead 15
Karma and RevSmith Aug 19 Mrs Brown 12
2 Ugandans go to court over homosexual offenses Aug '14 Gremlin 6
•••
•••
•••

Epps Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Epps People Search