Innocent people WRONGLY convicted of ...

Innocent people WRONGLY convicted of sex crimes

Posted in the Ephrata Forum

Speechless

Moses Lake, WA

#1 Feb 6, 2014
In my town, a very hot topic of late has been about the sex registry. First off, I want to say that I have known 5 innocent people who have to register, even though they never committed the crime. This could happen to anybody who has kids or who works with kids, or even whose neighbor has kids! And trust me, it is hell on earth having to deal with it when you are innocent! People who have to register as level one sex offenders are supposed to have complete privacy over this issue, but somehow someone got it into her head that it was her duty to tell everyone about a level one offender in this town, without even asking first about the situation he’s in. This was a FALSE CHARGE, and even the so-called “victim” came forward and said that she lied, BUT the court would not overturn it. Now he has to register as a sex offender even though he’s completely innocent. It has been a NIGHTMARE for 20 years. Now, for the very first time, we have a nice place to live,and we just want to live our retirement years in peace. The law states that a registered sex offender has the right to live anywhere, as long as he/she registers, and level one offenders are not even on the sheriff’s website because their chance of re-offending is very low. In our case, the chance of re-offending is ZERO because he never offended in the first place. But since our story has gotten out, we have been getting harassed and the neighbor kid throws rocks at our house and truck, which has caused damage. The law states that it’s a criminal offense to harm anyone on the registry, but this happens all the time, and it needs to stop. Because of the problems this one person has caused, the registry potentially could get taken down completely, and nobody will even know if a guilty sex offender moves into town if that happens. We have been one-hundred percent honest with the police, and our “friendly” neighborhood gossip has told some horrible lies, but she gets away with it because the police believe her, while claiming to be “impartial.” So, anyone can bother us and throw rocks and things at our property with no consequence, and all they have to do is claim that this INNOCENT man did something indecent, and the cops will just automatically believe it. People, you need to dig deeper before just assuming that someone is guilty, because once you are charged with a sex crime, you are tagged for the rest of your life, INNOCENT OR NOT! She posted our private business on Facebook, and someone decided that somehow we are flying “under the radar” because he’s not on the sheriff’s sex registry, but he IS registered, just as he’s supposed to be, but everyone just assumes that he’s guilty. Even if he were guilty, it shouldn’t be okay to intimidate us and damage our property, not to mention the spreading of rumors. I wouldn’t say it if it weren’t true, and I even swore in court under penalty of perjury that this was a false charge. He has passed many, many lie detector tests about this, too. It’s so stressful that I’m about to have another nervous breakdown, and certainly I don’t deserve this! Nobody will listen or help us, though the sheriff has tried. If all of you out there would learn from this, it would ALMOST be worth the 20 years of agony that we’ve had to deal with, over an issue that isn’t even true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ephrata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Young Airman from Larson AFB 1962 5 hr Patriot 1
George Music Thread Apr '17 Musikologist 1
News From the Border to the Valley -- Fronteras del ... (Jul '08) Feb '17 south side locos13 6
Wheeler road..? (Aug '07) Feb '17 lisa wayson 6
News Pacific Cargo Services sells in bankruptcy auct... (Aug '13) Dec '16 Rob 3
News Soap Lake councilman sues to remove 'unconstitu... (Aug '16) Aug '16 ken greene 1
News Machete wielding robbery suspect caught in Mose... (Mar '14) Sep '14 lacey 4

Ephrata Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ephrata Mortgages