Pittsburgh City Council passes 'ban the box' bill

Dec 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New Pittsburgh Courier Online

The Moores never expected that a few clicks of the mouse and strokes of the keyboard would change their lives forever.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Dec 22, 2012

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

So now. felons may be teaching our children. Felons may be maintaining our city parks. Thanks, Democrats, you have just put the fox in charge of the hen house. My question? When one of these felons is arrested and convicted again, which politician will volunteer to serve his time and pay his court costs. Who will be held responsible?
Da Old Fool rolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Hey, old man, do you realize how many recent members of the PA state legislature- from BOTH parties, and chambers- are now serving time for felonies committed in office? And it isn't any better in the US Congress; some- again, from both parties- had criminal records even before their election!
Who

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

As long as the Moores changed your lives, who cares?

Since: Dec 12

Bethel Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Standard "urban" Pittburgh. So a good hard working, law abiding, tax paying person who is eleigible for a job, could get bumped out by some criminal. Great job Pittsburgh. These are the people who's salaries are paid the law abiding taxpayers, yet, they work against us.

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Da Old Fool rolls on wrote:
Hey, old man, do you realize how many recent members of the PA state legislature- from BOTH parties, and chambers- are now serving time for felonies committed in office? And it isn't any better in the US Congress; some- again, from both parties- had criminal records even before their election!
Just what does that have to do with some rapist on the city payroll, working with kids and women? Again, my question, who will will be responsible when even one of these dodo's slips back and hurts a kid or a woman. Will the council say it will serve the time? Will the politicians pay the court costs? Where is the responsibility?
Doctor Wellbee

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

End affirmative action and quotas based on gender and race. Merit employment for nonfelons. America can no longer afford to coddle splittails and obamatangs.

Since: Dec 12

Bethel Park, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what does that have to do with some rapist on the city payroll, working with kids and women? Again, my question, who will will be responsible when even one of these dodo's slips back and hurts a kid or a woman. Will the council say it will serve the time? Will the politicians pay the court costs? Where is the responsibility?
Agreed. Nobody wants to take responsibility for anything they do. They will just point the finger at someone else. When it happens, don't worry, it will be blamed on the criminal not getting enough attention when they were a kid, or being bullied, or the world not understanding them. Pathetic.
Da Old Fool rolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what does that have to do with some rapist on the city payroll, working with kids and women?
My point was that the fox is already in charge of the hen house in government. Actually, I believe the article provided too little information for a definitive answer to the broader question presented by "ban the box," but I do have unanswered questions, and so unresolved concerns regarding the issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ephrata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 19 min GenPatton 3,913
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 19 hr Eddie Swindell 51,298
Weis proposes to sell beer in Ephrata store Jul 30 Ephrata mom 1
McMahon had strong ties to Philly, Allentown (Jun '09) Jul 29 Holotta Wytrache 3
Lancaster Democratic Committee heats up summer ... Jul '14 RayOne 1
lingerie (Jun '12) Jul '14 kim 15
Fort Indiantown Gap to hold live-fire exercises... Jun '14 lady 1
•••
•••
•••

Ephrata Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ephrata People Search