A chill in the (nonprofit) air?

A chill in the (nonprofit) air?

There are 2 comments on the LancasterOnline story from Sep 19, 2010, titled A chill in the (nonprofit) air?. In it, LancasterOnline reports that:

When Stanley Grand asks for donations to the Lancaster Museum of Art this fall, there's one thing he won't request: A signature on a pledge card.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LancasterOnline.

stank

Knoxville, IA

#1 Sep 24, 2010
My church in Ephrata has been requesting money "pledges" using a pledge card system. As long as the mount per year pledged was reasonable I always made good on my pledge. Now enters the "Lawyers" thet could make a deal with my church to see to it that a pledge cars dollar amount is collected andmaybe even collected with interest? The interesting thing is how a dollar pledge card is sent to my home. The first pledge card trap is that they the my children in my parish school as a reminder to get the pledges in by a certain date. Now a family has a tuition bill and a pledge card bill. My children have weekly church service envelops that we are expected to put money. The family also has a church evvelop to put money in weekly. And not a church service goes by without reminding the parish members to fill those envelops, get in your pledges and that the monthly school tutitions are dur. Oh, and we have a service to thank god for our wonderful christian parish, school and minister? YUK that a non-profit hell on earth.4225
mattnpa

Lititz, PA

#2 Sep 24, 2010
There is alot of corruption within the faith based community. I know it first hand and I have lost respect and friends that have helped me turn away from a life of drugs and jail to GOD! Just to find out that they are manipulting people to donate money to them hand over fist, USING me as a puppet. Saying that the money goes to room and board for us, HAH!, we had too pay every cent of our own rent and provide our own food, or we starved. They requested $6100 for a heater for that New Holland house on the website, four years ago, when I was there, and they still never bought it, and still never took it off the site! How many times over do you think theyve reached that amount? Dont get me wrong, I was grateful for what they meant and for along time stood by them. I ignored these issued and figured its none of my business. They are lying to everyone. They are LYING TO PEOPLE ABOUT WHERE THE MONEY IS GOING. That is a fact. That is all I know. It like me putting a can up at the corner store asking for donations for my mother dying of cancer. Only im on the can and I had to pay to be on the can LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ephrata Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trinity Baptist Church Lititz needs to answer! Sat naming the leader... 2
Convicted Child Molester Now Pastoring in Litit... Sat lititz atheist 8
News Prostitution sting nets 13 arrests in Lancaster Jun 10 roast beef 1
News Ephrata Merchants Association replaced by The E... May 29 MGM 1
News Lititz retailers defend 'open' flags... (Mar '10) May '16 Anonymous 4
News Judge orders aggravated-range sentence for Liti... May '16 Anonymous 2
Crossdressing (Sep '11) Apr '16 Hoseboy 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ephrata Mortgages