Nichols Accused of Murder of Hmong Hunter

Full story: The Appleton Blog

James Nichols has been charged with murder in the slaying of the Hmong hunter, Cha Vang of Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Vang_Lee_Sacrame nto_CA

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2007

I wonder what Vang said to Nicholas? He doesn't speak any English. I can gurantee you Nichols intended to kill Vang. Hmong people are not the type to start a confrontation with a stranger. We are hunters and gatherers. Look deeper into our culture and you will see that we do not start problems outside our race. I hope Nichols is found guilty. Forget the fiancee, she is not a good witness. I wish this case goes straight to a grand jury. Damn...i'm pissed. Some things need to change.
I hope the trial takes place outside the state because i bet the jury will already be bias, "Not Guilty." Please give a fair trial with legit juries.
lpm

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2007

i know that hmong hunters don't cause problems up there. there are people up there that don't like other cultures. White folks don't understand what is like to be from another culture. Anyways screw it if we did all get along it would be boring. If you hate us, go ahead and hate us. We are not goin anywhere. How do u expect white folks to get along with cultures within its boders when it can't even get along with other countries.
Dawn Garcia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2007

No mater now, He is a sick asshole for what he did, and his girlfriend should be in jail too. He told her, she drove him yet she is free. What is wrong with this picture??? Yea, LOTS! Think first stupid, she ratted on you for her own freedom. You should both rot in hell. No mater where he is from he bleeds red!
Xyooj

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2007

Yeah, I sure don't hear any White Americans saying get out of our country to Native Americans.
Neejthoj

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2007

Kuv tshuab zaaj qeej tu sav tsua Cha and it breaks my heart so much. Of all the people I had played the songs for, this is the first time that I played with the tears in my eyes. He never want to live this earth and leave all of us behind like this. Looking at the family pictures, the slide show, and looking at the autopsy photos of Cha brings tears to everyone at the funeral.
I had guided him to meet his ancestors, and I hope that he will be in a good place. For the guy who killed him, Cha will take care of him and make sure that he will suffer and get what he deserved. Justice will be served.
For all Hmong hunters, it is time to stop going into the woods. We have to realize that the Native Americans, African Americans, and other ethic group do not hunt like us only because they have seen incidence like this before. We need to do the same. There are so much thing that we can do better for our family than just hunting. We are not in Laos anymore. Every little lot of the wood is owned by someone. I do not want to see our brothers get into this problem again.

“Amor de 1”

Since: Mar 06

Joliet, IL,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2007

Personaly I am sorry you feel this way. My wish is that one day everyone will live in peace, Until then maybe they should ban hunting. It seens that some people are useing this as an excuse to kill others.
angel

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2007

You know...this white guy & his girlfriend has the balls to claim self-defense... Self-defense doesn't mean shooting someone 3 times, stabbing more than once, putting a tree stump through the mouth... if this is what is called
self-defense...then the white men has won.
reminder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2007

"help us fight (vietnam war) and we will give you asylum" - or something like that.... That's why WE THE HMONG ARE IN THIS COUNTRY. WHEN / WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG? I USED TO BELIEVE IN GOD TOO....
Justice Herr

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2007

It is very disturned me when the media wrote their news and emphasize status like Homg High Mountain, Hmong immigrant and any other names. I think we must fight for these. This is very prejudice. We all are migration to this country. The white is migrated to this country as any one else. This country is belong to the Indian. The rest all are immigrants. This country is plural country. Our people had died to protected this country and we pay taxes for all things we do. we have every right to be here as anyone else.

AS for Cha's Case, I urge the people to be patient, we will seek justice as much as possible by law. I am wondering why all this inccident happenned in WI. I believe that the WI must get more educate, because this is not 1800, 1960. This the year of 2007. Some of these Northern WI hunters must get more educate. Last time for Chai Soua Vang, the public official said because he was on private property. For Cha Vang, it is a public ground and it is still happenned. People are not stupid, they should know now who must held responsible for the inccident.

thank you for reading my message here.
Xyooj

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2007

I just moved to Central Wisconsin from California about 5 months ago. I can't believe I'm saying this, but in this day and age, racism is still a very big issue here in Wisconsin. Caucasians seem to be in the middle of every outbreak rather its towards Africans, Hispanics, Hmongs, or other minority groups. When can most caucasians realize that their ancestors were once label as immigrants as well. Its just plain SAD to be driving down the street or walking down the street and the other race staring at you with those racial thoughts of hatred. When will they realized that diversity is what makes America great.

For my people, we need to be hand and hand and learn that the end of one struggle with the communists, leads to the next with the white man, land of the free.
cm2000x

Green Bay, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2007

Every crime Nichols has committed was done out of HATE! His past proves it. I'm a victim from his 1996 crime spree. KKK on the wall, another racial slag on another cabins door. I have pictures of evil destruction, he didn't know us. We weren't there, he seems to hate anyone in his path or who has a better life then do does. I'm sure the DA knows what they are doing - murder is murder and we want this man put away for the rest of his life. They showed him on TV, big smile on his face, talking to his "fan" club in the court room - no signs of remorse, no signs of fear - I'd be very afraid if I were him. His anger and self-centerness caused 10's of thousands in damages in 1996, 10 years later that same SOB took a man's life - put him away forever, prison is way too good for him. I want to know how he got out early, his restitution will never be paid, Vang's life and the lives of everyone who knew and loved him will never be the same. Nichols was given a second chance, only to re-enter society and take an inocient mans life. It makes me sick just thinking about it!
savage1

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2007

My question is my dear people is, If you are so filled with hatred over peoples native to this new land you chose, Then why did you choose it? If you see so much hatred and scream out with the same hatred you protest so strongly against, Then aren't you bringing this tragedy of human emotions around full circle?
The person who suggested to stay out of the wood's is wise. These are hunting grounds of those who's Grandfathers Grandfather hunted. These people, As a people have a their right to hunt anywhere before you and I hunt. If we were in Laos it would be our hunting grounds but we're not in Laos and therefor must find a positive approach to this and try to gain the humility that we are strangers in a foriegn land. I say after this has passed and both sides are a little more at ease, That if we should want to enjoy the hunt in this new land that we approach all land ( State, Pivate or Forest ) with respect as if it was our great grandfathers land. Ask who hunts there? If you encounter someone be kind, communicate. If you are unable to,( Cannot speak english )Then you might want to look elsewhere. No matter how long you have been here, We still are the new kids on the block. Instead of trading hate with hate with these people, Lets treat everything with love and understanding. I hope our younger generations will be proud of the way their Father, Grandfather and Great Grandfather handled such an important time.
half Hmong half White

Monticello, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2007

I think that it is wrong what Chai Vang did but no one knows the truth to what really happened so we can't go around judging people and killing people just be cause they are Hmong or American. I think that America is a free country and it should be more like a free country. No one is really 100% American. Everyone's ansestor's immigrated from somewhere that's not the U.S. Everyone is equal than. A free country... Hmm. I don't know about that. Everyone needs to get over their differances and get along with one another. I believe everyone is truely good deep down. When I say that I mean everyone even the rapists the murders and on. People just get kurupted by the people who are too full of pride they can't eccept that anyone other than their race can do better than them. As you can tell I am still young 19 years old but if I can see all this going on I am sure you all can too. You people just choose to go on and on about race. Yeah what about Whites, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics huh. what about the Human race. That one thing we are all in so remember that.
Josh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

savage1 wrote:
My question is my dear people is, If you are so filled with hatred over peoples native to this new land you chose, Then why did you choose it? If you see so much hatred and scream out with the same hatred you protest so strongly against, Then aren't you bringing this tragedy of human emotions around full circle?
The person who suggested to stay out of the wood's is wise. These are hunting grounds of those who's Grandfathers Grandfather hunted. These people, As a people have a their right to hunt anywhere before you and I hunt. If we were in Laos it would be our hunting grounds but we're not in Laos and therefor must find a positive approach to this and try to gain the humility that we are strangers in a foriegn land. I say after this has passed and both sides are a little more at ease, That if we should want to enjoy the hunt in this new land that we approach all land ( State, Pivate or Forest ) with respect as if it was our great grandfathers land. Ask who hunts there? If you encounter someone be kind, communicate. If you are unable to,( Cannot speak english )Then you might want to look elsewhere. No matter how long you have been here, We still are the new kids on the block. Instead of trading hate with hate with these people, Lets treat everything with love and understanding. I hope our younger generations will be proud of the way their Father, Grandfather and Great Grandfather handled such an important time.
You are a very good intelligent person Savage. Hatred spawns more hatred. We need more understanding of one another. A family of good white people gets slaughtered, many instances of hmong drawing their weapons on land owners. Then you have the hmong coming into a once sacred hunting ground of area white folks. There used to be a lot of commeraderie and tradition amongst the locals who used to hunt in that area. You have to understand why people feel the way they do. I think Nichols is guilty and deserves to rot away in prison, but when I hear all the harsh words coming from the hmong it makes me despise them too. I have friends I work with that told me good things about hmong hunters waving at them and not bothering them or anything. I think for a start, communication and politeness is very important amongst people if they share a once sacred hunting ground. Then maybe we can all get past the negative feelings from recent incidents.

There is an old saying, What comes around goes around. Maybe this is payback for what we did to the Native Americans. Now we can understand how they must have felt.
gk-boi

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2007

Man...Dis shit is bull...Hunting is hmong sport.Hmong got dis talent from our ancent ansister.White people should not hunt at all because white people only buy meat not kill meat.Hunting should be bean form white people point......
LMX20

Morganton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2008

I can't speak for the younger Hmong generation now days but I can honestly say that the older folks who are veterens and who are not citizens of the US but are residents do not believe in starting problems or causing problems among themselves to be noticed. I've witness many Racial splurs especially living here in North Carolina. I've seen my Grandparents and Parents walked away gritting there teeth without saying a word to ever provoke a racial confrontation. For in this situation I know I will react differently because I know I have every right to live and be in this Country due to what our elders gone through to have us here in the first place, all the life lost and I am a US Citizen. I know that we will never know what happened that day but I truly felt for someone to go that far stabbing someone after shooting them in head and also to also drive a stake through there mouth have got to have alot of hate towards an individual especially when they don't even know each other. In this case not just because I'm Hmong, I truly feel this is a cruel and racial case that Mr.Vang had suffered. I believe in the system and I know that Killer NICHOLS JAMES will get what he deserves and rot in Prison and be cruely tortured and I pray that it eats him so bad for what he did that he ends up taking his own life while he sits there to rot, maybe then he'll get the publicity he wants and even after death his evil spirit roams the place he murder Mr.Vang and hopefully in that realm it'll be him laying there on that ground shot in the head and stabbed and a stake drived down his throat under them leaves. I hope even after death he relive only that day.
auroranorth

Berlin, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2008

Xyooj wrote:
Yeah, I sure don't hear any White Americans saying get out of our country to Native Americans.
this country didnt exist until Whites Created it, There is Nothing Native About it, The concepts of freedom and Personal; Liberty were White males concepts. Most Non whites did little or worse to the colonists, the First White Child Here was murdered. Along the way of History I dont see anyone asking why Mr Hero Lincoln had all confederate black prisoners shipped by train to Illinois where they were all lined up and executed on them spot. This is the most serious war crime in American history. and not a peep from liberals.
Liberty

Folsom, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

I won't make any judgments about this case because I don't know all the facts. But this is fact, this country does not belong to white people or hmong people. It belongs to the American Indians. They were the ones here first, but then when the white man came they took it by force and now they act like they owned the land. The Majority of white people are still racists. It should be fair that now this land belongs to everyone and every race.
End of Story.
Hmongman

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

I've lived in WI once but for only a few months. I'm from Sacramento, CA. My experience while I was living in WI was kind of odd. I have a white neighbor that really hates my family for no reason. Their kids always start problem and always trying to hit my younger siblings and cousins. At first I thought it was only the young kids that is doing that because they're kids. Later one day, the adults or considered adults were talking trash at us for no reason. I then know that it is just racial profiling and that they are hating us because we are Asian (Hmong).

I have hear white kids said " Go back to your country" in my previous ages. It is sad and true that we, Hmong, don't have a country. If it wasn't for the American we wouldn't even be here. I don't understand why People to be so racist. It's the 2009 and it's not the 1800's. Just accept the fact and please get along.
Luv Muffin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Judged:

No Hmongs should be allowed to own guns much less be dumped in Wisconsin to fill a quota to change the demographics of the state. W e have had Hmongs,Mexicans and ghetto blacks shipped into Green Bay where they get government subsidies for food ,shelter,utilities are given welfare if they don't want to work,free medical while your average white person has to pay for these things,our tax money at work!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ephraim Discussions

Search the Ephraim Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 18 hr me myself and i 6,878
ELECTION 2014: Liberty Grove Town Board: Three ... Mar 28 Bob Gorevan 1
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Mar 27 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 87
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Mar 27 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 450
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Mar 27 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 2,233
WI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) Mar 27 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 44
WI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Wi... (Oct '10) Mar 27 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 20
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ephraim Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Ephraim People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance