Enumclaw Mayor John Wise announces re...

Enumclaw Mayor John Wise announces re-election bid

There are 1 comment on the Sumner / Lake Tapps Reporter story from Aug 4, 2009, titled Enumclaw Mayor John Wise announces re-election bid. In it, Sumner / Lake Tapps Reporter reports that:

Editor's note: This story originally appeared April 29. Citing a number of initiatives now under way, Mayor John Wise is asking voters to allow him four more years at the citya s helm.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sumner / Lake Tapps Reporter.

Concerned Business Owner

Enumclaw, WA

#1 Sep 12, 2009
The City of Enumclaw cannot afford four more years of John Wise. He brags about bringing money into town but all of those dollars have strings that the city cannot afford. Garret Street is a perfect example. They got an 80% matching grant but the cost of the 20% is more than the city can pay without raising taxes. This is repeated with the Goodbye Center he wants to put outside of town. There is a serious lack of regard for the taxpayer and I don't even want to get into the discussion of the sewage treatment plant. He wasted 1.8 million dollars because letting the utility run in the red for three years before he lets the council know there is a problem. This guy needs to retire... Enumclaw can't afford his "Brand" of leadership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enumclaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Washingt... (Oct '10) Wed Possibility 4
News Charges: Man forced minor stepchildren into sex Apr 30 John little john 2
Bonney Lake Music Selection (Sep '12) Mar '18 Musikologist 16
News City may redraw laws on graffiti (Jun '06) Jan '18 You know my name 301
News Washington High School Football - Spanaway Lake... (Jan '08) Jan '18 Coach Slaton 7
News Charge: Man beat woman with crow bar, car jack ... (Nov '17) Nov '17 Jules 1
Help with Christmas (Dec '16) Dec '16 Sherry 1

Enumclaw Jobs

Personal Finance

Enumclaw Mortgages