A loving past, a future that's less c...

A loving past, a future that's less certain

There are 1 comment on the Seattle Times story from Apr 30, 2008, titled A loving past, a future that's less certain. In it, Seattle Times reports that:

“I don't know how we got to be blessed so much with that girl”

Delores Jensen, 81, says her son, James, has been a blessing. When James was born in 1961, most children with Down syndrome were institutionalized. via Seattle Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Times.

Judy McCullough

Bellingham, WA

#1 May 7, 2008
I was so moved by the story of James and his family. My son Austin is 14 and also has down syndrome and I depend only on family and friends for his care. I also have the same concerns and will retire when needed to become his full time caregiver. I met James and his parents that same day the story broke while they were shopping in my store.... I sopke to his mom and she is a dear sweet lady and James is a polite and delightful man. I hope they stay in touch and if they ever need anything I would always be there for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enumclaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch 20 hr uncle Jed 1
News Arizona Joe Jun '16 Dennis Flannigan 1
Zediah Dacti Timmons Jun '16 Under honorable Z... 1
News Arrest made in deadly Federal Way shooting (Jul '08) Jun '16 Lol 27
News Enumclaw pastor's child rape trial delayed (Jan '13) Mar '16 Cutegirlsexy 2
samy inmon (Mar '13) Jul '15 Rocky69 2
Hwy. 410 White River Bridge reopens after emerg... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Enumclaw employee 1

Enumclaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Enumclaw Mortgages