Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#17837 Jun 16, 2013
Miner49 wrote:
"Why shouldn't they be required to speak English and learn about the history of this country?"
Because the Constitution does not require it for citizenship.
it was people like you who beat Native American children because they spoke their native tongue.
You pretend to know the "history" of America but are ignorant of the facts.
Not only did Thomas Jefferson not include a requirement for English in the Constitution, he studied and preserved Native Amercan lanuage as important cultural tradions.
Harvey, et al, you lack the common decency to be members of our society.
Personally, I'm glad people of your ilk were unsuccessful in wiping out the Navaho language, it sure came in handy in 1941.
Watch "Codetalkers" and learn some real "history" of white Christian oppression of monorities here in the land of the free.
Yep.

Not sure what's worse.
White men or Christian men:)

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#17838 Jun 16, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Not sure what's worse.
White men or Christian men:)
White Christian men.

How's it going Arctic.
1 post removed

Powellton WV

#17840 Jun 16, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
White Christian men.
How's it going Arctic.
A day off.....yay! lol

Hope you're enjoying your Fathers Day Sundog.
Make those kids cook dinner.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#17841 Jun 16, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
A day off.....yay! lol
Hope you're enjoying your Fathers Day Sundog.
Make those kids cook dinner.
Me too!

Not sure what we are doing for dinner. We'll either grill something out or we will go out.
harvey wall banger

Saint Albans, WV

#17842 Jun 16, 2013
Miner49 wrote:
"Why shouldn't they be required to speak English and learn about the history of this country?"

Because the Constitution does not require it for citizenship.

it was people like you who beat Native American children because they spoke their native tongue.

You pretend to know the "history" of America but are ignorant of the facts.

Not only did Thomas Jefferson not include a requirement for English in the Constitution, he studied and preserved Native Amercan lanuage as important cultural tradions.

Harvey, et al, you lack the common decency to be members of our society.

Personally, I'm glad people of your ilk were unsuccessful in wiping out the Navaho language, it sure came in handy in 1941.

Watch "Codetalkers" and learn some real "history" of white Christian oppression of monorities here in the land of the free.
What does being a Christian have anything to do with walking into a seven eleven and trying to speak to the person behind the counter that doesn't speak English? That is stupid. I don't care what language people speak to each other in conversation, but dealing with the public, when most speak English, they should speak English. It is not a requirement for me to speak Spanish or any other language to shop or talk to some moron on the other end of a phone line either. Go to Pakistan and tell them they have to speak English because someone walks into a market that speaks English. You are as stupid as the rest of these morons. America has its own culture like any other country has. You are an anarchist.

Powellton WV

#17843 Jun 16, 2013
harvey wall banger wrote:
<quoted text>
What does being a Christian have anything to do with walking into a seven eleven and trying to speak to the person behind the counter that doesn't speak English? That is stupid. I don't care what language people speak to each other in conversation, but dealing with the public, when most speak English, they should speak English. It is not a requirement for me to speak Spanish or any other language to shop or talk to some moron on the other end of a phone line either. Go to Pakistan and tell them they have to speak English because someone walks into a market that speaks English. You are as stupid as the rest of these morons. America has its own culture like any other country has. You are an anarchist.
If that's your problem then you need to speak to
these service providers (like Hughes Net)and other
companies who "outsource" customer care overseas.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#17844 Jun 16, 2013
America has its own culture? We're a nation of immigrants, idiot. We took the only "native" Americans and locked them up on reservations--remember?

Or is that that "culture" that you are most proud of, Tanto de culo?
<quoted text>
harvey wall banger

Saint Albans, WV

#17845 Jun 16, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>If that's your problem then you need to speak to
True. But I don't think that seven eleven outsources the help.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#17846 Jun 16, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's your problem then you need to speak to
Good point. They don't like it that Americans don't speak English, but they love it that republicans outsource jobs. But their logic is simple. When a business owner outsources a job, it makes that business owner richer and when he is richer, he will create more jobs.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Republican logic. You have to love it.

;)
harvey wall banger

Saint Albans, WV

#17847 Jun 16, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>America has its own culture? We're a nation of immigrants, idiot. We took the only "native" Americans and locked them up on reservations--remember?

Or is that that "culture" that you are most proud of, Tanto de culo?
Our culture was created when we declared our independence from the British Government. You can't blame people of today what they did years ago. I haven't shot the first Indian nor have I enslaved the first black man. So take your liberal dribble some place else moron.

Powellton WV

#17848 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
True. But I don't think that seven eleven outsources the help.
So by your logic immigrants shouldn't
be able to work unless they speak flawless English?

Ever try talking to some of these Rednecks around here?

Powellton WV

#17849 Jun 16, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. They don't like it that Americans don't speak English, but they love it that republicans outsource jobs. But their logic is simple. When a business owner outsources a job, it makes that business owner richer and when he is richer, he will create more jobs.
LOLOLOLOLOL.
Republican logic. You have to love it.
;)
Republican logic?

That's an oxymoron.

Powellton WV

#17850 Jun 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Our culture was created when we declared our independence from the British Government. You can't blame people of today what they did years ago. I haven't shot the first Indian nor have I enslaved the first black man. So take your liberal dribble some place else moron.
It's not what you've Done to Native American and
African Americans but how you feel about them and
how you Treat them.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#17851 Jun 16, 2013
CHARLESTON, W.Va.(AP)- West Virginia is sticking with new standards for math, reading and writing in public schools, but faces opposition fueled by the tea party movement, which believes the benchmarks are part of an attempted federal takeover of local education authority.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/201306160014

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#17852 Jun 16, 2013
These dumb tea baggers need to learn to read, write and speak English before they require it of anyone else.
1 post removed

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#17854 Jun 16, 2013
As usual, you're wrong. Our country was created then, but our culture is still evolving.

Or do you not know the difference between culture and country?
<quoted text>

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#17855 Jun 16, 2013
You couldn't shoot or enslave anyone, weakling, so stop stating the obvious.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#17856 Jun 16, 2013
arctic wrote:
<quoted text>
So by your logic immigrants shouldn't
be able to work unless they speak flawless English?
Ever try talking to some of these Rednecks around here?
The problem with Harvey and his fellow idiots is that every time a new wave of immigrants come into the US people that live on the fringes of the economy (Harvey) and just barely get by by doing as little as possible have to work harder to compete with the new wave of immigration.

I don't think the full wave of Mexican immigration has hit him yet up in WV, but he has good reason to worry this time. These guys work like mad and don't bitch about it at all. The language thing is not a barrier at all. Most companies offer courses in English and Spanish.

Harvey should sign up for a course in English before he complains about someone speaking Spanish.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#17857 Jun 16, 2013
Well folks it looks like Obama and those Democrats have failed again. Despite all their efforts to single poor old West Virginians out and "destroy coal mining," WV has somehow managed to slip through the clutches of that evil Obama and those evil gay loving democrats and come up with the 10th fastest growing economy in the US.

West Virginia's GDP grew by 3.3% in 2012, with over a third of this growth due to the mining industry. The state was the nation's second largest coal producer as of 2011. However, according to USA Today, the electric utilities that buy much of the state's coal "are retiring coal-fired plants or upgrading plants to burn cheaper natural gas." While coal producers may lose out in this shift, natural gas producers are likely to benefit. Other than coal, the state is also home to a portion of the Marcellus Shale, a geological formation where much of America's natural gas is produced. West Virginia's economic growth is even more impressive considering its population remained almost flat in each of the past two years.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/...

BENGHAZI!!!

Powellton WV

#17858 Jun 16, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with Harvey and his fellow idiots is that every time a new wave of immigrants come into the US people that live on the fringes of the economy (Harvey) and just barely get by by doing as little as possible have to work harder to compete with the new wave of immigration.
I don't think the full wave of Mexican immigration has hit him yet up in WV, but he has good reason to worry this time. These guys work like mad and don't bitch about it at all. The language thing is not a barrier at all. Most companies offer courses in English and Spanish.
Harvey should sign up for a course in English before he complains about someone speaking Spanish.
In the last 5 yrs this area has had a boom
in Mexican immigrants.
As far as I've seen they seem to be hard working,
friendly ppl.
I've not heard of any problems.

ALL of our ppl immigrated from somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enterprise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr apple 1,257
Stephanie Yelich 4 hr negative 6
heavenly hoagie (May '14) 4 hr Serenity 102
dum dum hoagies 4 hr casual observer 12
Ace Cuntingham 7 hr yep 6
Anyone try DiCarlos's Pizza yet? Wed Pizza the Hut 17
Owens property on speedway Apr 25 Butthead 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Enterprise Mortgages