Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#27394 Oct 15, 2013
Sorry George, but do not blame republicans on not wanting Obamacare when they have been fighting to stop it. Plus it was idiot Obama who has illegally altered his own tax law by giving unions, business', congress and everyone else but the American people exemptions and delays. So now you are sounding a bit hypocritical. Obama and the democrats do not want to be on it, but they want to force the American people and they have a site that is not working. This is no leadership by example. This is do as I say and not as I do.
George

United States

#27395 Oct 15, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Sorry George, but do not blame republicans on not wanting Obamacare when they have been fighting to stop it. Plus it was idiot Obama who has illegally altered his own tax law by giving unions, business', congress and everyone else but the American people exemptions and delays. So now you are sounding a bit hypocritical. Obama and the democrats do not want to be on it, but they want to force the American people and they have a site that is not working. This is no leadership by example. This is do as I say and not as I do.
The things you mention, and yes you are correct about what Obama did, but that is irrelevant to the fact Republicans have put their own personal interest by far above the best interest of the American people. DOesnt matter that they didnt want it, the people have it and they should have accepted todays proposal in the best interest of the country. I understand their own personal interests favored refusing, but they werent elected to benefit themselves. They are there to do what is best for we, the people, and they did not do that today. But that is not surprising, they havent had the best interest of the country in mind in a long time.
George

United States

#27396 Oct 15, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Interestingly, if they had passed it and put it to the Senate, they would have forced the Dems to make the choice. I am sure the dems dont want to be forced into the exchanges and lose their subsidies anymore than the Repubs do, and they might have rejected it. Then it would have been the dems putting their interests first. On a side note I thought Congress already had to get on Obamacare. I have heard them on tv saying as much. I would bet money that somewehre down the line they exempted themselves, probably on the down low so nobody noticed. Congress and Obama should be forced into the same plans we are and we the people should DEMAND it. Losing their subsidies is another matter. While I think it would be hard pressed for a Congressmen who makes what like 150K or more a year to get much sympathy for having to pay for their own insurance, I really dont have a problem with them keeping the subsidies like many empolyers do.
Eieio

Clay City, KY

#27397 Oct 15, 2013
Obama=Nothing but a LIAR

Osamabamas Lies

I will protect federal whistleblowers who expose government waste, fraud, and abuse ......Broken
I will recognize the Armenian Genocide.....Broken
I will have transparency-generals must sign secrecy oath........Broken
I will cut the deficit in half by doubling spending–say what.......Broken
I will change the Washington culture of corruption..........Broken
I will reach across the isle (I’m ready to fight Republicans)....Broken

I will have no earmarks in stimulus, there are 9000..........Broken
I will have transparency in White House emails except mine....Broken
I will demand human rights for China and Tibet..........Broken
I will put legislation on Internet for all to read before votes....Broken
I will have honest advisers, except those who take free rent......Broken
I will have my administration pay their fair share of taxes........Broken
I will eliminate rendition of terrorist combatants..........Broken
I will have a transparent admin. with the media..........Breaking
I will bring charges against Bush admin. war crimes..........Broken
I will have new blood in admin. but names Panetta to CIA..........Broken
I will have a transparent government..........Broken
I quite smoking (admits to bumming cigarettes).........Broken
I will apply windfall taxes on big oil companies..........Broken
I will change US Foreign Policy, appoints Hillary Sec. State......Broken
I will change the defense department, YET keeps Gates..........Broken
I will close Guantanamo..........Breaking
I will sit down with dictators with no pre-conditions..........Broken
I will stop waterboarding and CIA interrogation techniques......Breaking
I will use federal campaign funds..........Broken
I will get US troops out of Iraq in 16 month..........Broken
I will change Washington with new faces..........Broken
I will break the coal industry………………………… Trying hard To Keep,Almost complete
I will not hire lobbyists, hires lobbyist Daschle (he's out but here are the others)....Broken
* Melody Barnes, lobbyist for American Civil Liberties Union, the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights, the American Constitution Society and the Center for Reproductive Rights.
* William Corr, lobbyist for Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids,
* Patrick Gaspard, lobbyist for Service Employees International Union.
* David Hayes, lobby San Diego Gas & Electric.
* Eric Holder, attorney general nominee, lobbyist for bankrupt Global Crossing telecommications.
* Ron Klain, lobbyist for Asbestos Resolution, U.S. Airways, Airborne Express and drug-maker ImClone.
* William Lynn, lobbyist for Raytheon.
* Cecilia Munoz, lobbyist for National Council of La Raza
* Mark Patterson, lobbyist for Goldman Sachs.
* Mona Sutphen, lobbyist for Angliss International.
* Michael Strautmanis, lobbied for the American Association of Justice.
* Tom Vilsack, lobbyist for NEA.
And these are not all of them. Thanks for pointing out that he has nominated a huge number of lobbyists that he promised not to appoint.
I will be non-partisan. Hires highly partisan Emanuel..........Broken
I will eliminate Bush tax cuts..........Broken
I will dump Patriot Act wire tapping..........Breaking
I will eliminate tax breaks for wealthy..........Broken
George

United States

#27398 Oct 15, 2013
Eieio wrote:
Obama=Nothing but a LIAR
Osamabamas Lies
I will protect federal whistleblowers who expose government waste, fraud, and abuse ......Broken
I will recognize the Armenian Genocide.....Broken
I will have transparency-generals must sign secrecy oath........Broken
I will cut the deficit in half by doubling spending–say what.......Broken
I will change the Washington culture of corruption..........Broken
I will reach across the isle (I’m ready to fight Republicans)....Broken
I will have no earmarks in stimulus, there are 9000..........Broken
I will have transparency in White House emails except mine....Broken
I will demand human rights for China and Tibet..........Broken
I will put legislation on Internet for all to read before votes....Broken
I will have honest advisers, except those who take free rent......Broken
I will have my administration pay their fair share of taxes........Broken
I will eliminate rendition of terrorist combatants..........Broken
I will have a transparent admin. with the media..........Breaking
I will bring charges against Bush admin. war crimes..........Broken
I will have new blood in admin. but names Panetta to CIA..........Broken
I will have a transparent government..........Broken
I quite smoking (admits to bumming cigarettes).........Broken
I will apply windfall taxes on big oil companies..........Broken
I will change US Foreign Policy, appoints Hillary Sec. State......Broken
I will change the defense department, YET keeps Gates..........Broken
I will close Guantanamo..........Breaking
I will sit down with dictators with no pre-conditions..........Broken
I will stop waterboarding and CIA interrogation techniques......Breaking
I will use federal campaign funds..........Broken
I will get US troops out of Iraq in 16 month..........Broken
I will change Washington with new faces..........Broken
I will break the coal industry………………………… Trying hard To Keep,Almost complete
I will not hire lobbyists, hires lobbyist Daschle (he's out but here are the others)....Broken
* Melody Barnes, lobbyist for American Civil Liberties Union, the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights, the American Constitution Society and the Center for Reproductive Rights.
* William Corr, lobbyist for Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids,
* Patrick Gaspard, lobbyist for Service Employees International Union.
* David Hayes, lobby San Diego Gas & Electric.
* Eric Holder, attorney general nominee, lobbyist for bankrupt Global Crossing telecommications.
* Ron Klain, lobbyist for Asbestos Resolution, U.S. Airways, Airborne Express and drug-maker ImClone.
* William Lynn, lobbyist for Raytheon.
* Cecilia Munoz, lobbyist for National Council of La Raza
* Mark Patterson, lobbyist for Goldman Sachs.
* Mona Sutphen, lobbyist for Angliss International.
* Michael Strautmanis, lobbied for the American Association of Justice.
* Tom Vilsack, lobbyist for NEA.
And these are not all of them. Thanks for pointing out that he has nominated a huge number of lobbyists that he promised not to appoint.
I will be non-partisan. Hires highly partisan Emanuel..........Broken
I will eliminate Bush tax cuts..........Broken
I will dump Patriot Act wire tapping..........Breaking
I will eliminate tax breaks for wealthy..........Broken
Yes, we know Obama is a liar. Not much we can do about it is there.?
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#27399 Oct 15, 2013
George.....they have exempted themselves and their staff from it thanks to Obama. I have heard you say that they should delay for the American people just like they have for others. And you are right about forcing the democrats to vote for the proposal. It just shows that even the members of congress do not want Obamacare. So it makes this tax law illegal. It is written that those in congress shall not pass laws that they themselves must abide by. They are not part of the law and have exempt themselves from it. Therefore they have put themselves above the law and have made themselves royalty. This is what we as a nation fought to free ourselves against the tiranny of a elitist government. We are becoming what we have fought to be free from.
Eieio

Clay City, KY

#27400 Oct 15, 2013
Sorry,forgot his biggest lie.

I was born in the United States.

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#27401 Oct 15, 2013
Why don't all of you stop repeating yourselves and call your congressman, senators, and the dumb White House switchboard and tell them your grievances. None of this on here gets read by our leaders. Pickup the damn phone and call them the Taliban, dumb ass Teabaggers and obstructionists. See how far that gets you. If you people would have put the effort into dealing with the elected officials like you have on here maybe the problem wouldn't exist today. The problem in America isn't the politicians, it's the blind followers of there favorite slug politician. Fight against all of the bullshit in Washington and take some sort of action.
1 post removed
eddymunster

Clarksburg, WV

#27403 Oct 16, 2013
George wrote:
With just a few days left before the federal government reaches its borrowing limit, House Republican leaders had unveiled a proposal earlier in the day to re-open the government and raise the borrowing limit that they thought could pass the embattled Republican-led chamber. But just moments after Republicans submitted it to the House Rules Committee for a review, the panel announced that it would postpone its hearing indefinitely — suggesting the votes were not there to pass it.
The key parts of the plan would have kept the government open through mid-December and grant the Treasury Department authorization to borrow through February. But the proposal also includes a stipulation that members of Congress, their staff and administration officials — including President Barack Obama — be forced to obtain health insurance coverage through the exchanges established under Obamacare. Unlike most Americans, they also would not be eligible to receive federal subsidies to offset the cost of those plans or seek financial help from their employer.
==========
Look at that. Ready to pass a bill to end this nonsense and what was the deal breaker????. They dont want forced into Obamacare exhanges and to lose their subsidies. What wondeful politicians who never put themselves above the American people. Pfffffft.
The deal breaker had nothing to do with the congress having to go on Obama care. They were told by their masters not to bring it to a vote. Heritage Foundation, Red State and FreedomWorks all slammed the GOP proposal as unacceptable. This bill was a Republican bill that was not allowed to come to a vote in the Republican house because they are afraid they will be primaried in the next election and lose their job. A bunch of wusses held hostage to a bunch of morons.
1 post removed

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#27405 Oct 16, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
Why don't all of you stop repeating yourselves and call your congressman, senators, and the dumb White House switchboard and tell them your grievances. None of this on here gets read by our leaders. Pickup the damn phone and call them the Taliban, dumb ass Teabaggers and obstructionists. See how far that gets you. If you people would have put the effort into dealing with the elected officials like you have on here maybe the problem wouldn't exist today. The problem in America isn't the politicians, it's the blind followers of there favorite slug politician. Fight against all of the bullshit in Washington and take some sort of action.
Great idea, I've done that and one representative (republican) actually said "I don't know what those dumbasses are doing. And one said "I vote my party". We know who she is with.

Ravenswood

#27406 Oct 16, 2013
It was the republicans that closed the government and it's the republicans keeping it closed. Bonner pulled the vote after Heritage Foundation put the word on him.
You people trying to spin this accusing the democrats are delusional and should join up with the teabag taliban. Oh wait, you already did. Good luck with that

Ravenswood

#27407 Oct 16, 2013
eddymunster wrote:
<quoted text>
The deal breaker had nothing to do with the congress having to go on Obama care. They were told by their masters not to bring it to a vote. Heritage Foundation, Red State and FreedomWorks all slammed the GOP proposal as unacceptable. This bill was a Republican bill that was not allowed to come to a vote in the Republican house because they are afraid they will be primaried in the next election and lose their job. A bunch of wusses held hostage to a bunch of morons.
You are absolutely correct.
Mgtn Res

“Leg Humper!”

Since: Oct 13

Bad Dog! Bad Dog!

#27408 Oct 16, 2013
eddymunster wrote:
<quoted text>
The same could be said of you sir, one more ignorant sheeple of the left.
beautifulmind

Greece

#27409 Oct 16, 2013
good Lord y'all,

i just read that EBT - SNAP,(food stamps) are going to be delayed come November if the government doesn't start back up.

talk about chaos breaking out! there will be riots if this happens.
beautifulmind

Greece

#27410 Oct 16, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
i've tried to contact Manchin and rockefeller about the NDAA when it was being voted on, and some other issues. i got very generic responses from both, i doubt they ever read my emails, i think they had a secretary do it for them.

it's useless trying to rely on our politicians to do what we want, they have self-interest in mind and disregard the will of the people they are supposed to be representing.
1 post removed

Ravenswood

#27412 Oct 16, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
good Lord y'all,
i just read that EBT - SNAP,(food stamps) are going to be delayed come November if the government doesn't start back up.
The sad thing about that is a lot of children are going to go hungry. I heard a teacher talk about a child, HERE in Jackson county, not getting enough to eat, especially on week-ends when school is out. This breaks my heart.
And some of the old people and vets..
I am not upset because of the drug addicted low life that don't want to work.
Mgtn Res

“Leg Humper!”

Since: Oct 13

Bad Dog! Bad Dog!

#27413 Oct 16, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
good Lord y'all,
Once again, Obama and the rest of the democrat stooges are trying to inflict the most pain possible on the American people. Let's see how much Obama's family get away at Thanksgiving costs while the government is supposedly shut down and food stamps are delayed. What a bunch of scumbags.

Ravenswood

#27414 Oct 16, 2013
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Congressmen's oath. They should all be impeached for letting the Tea Party Taliban shut our government down. Domestic enemies, making a sham of our constitution.

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#27415 Oct 16, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad thing about that is a lot of children are going to go hungry. I heard a teacher talk about a child, HERE in Jackson county, not getting enough to eat, especially on week-ends when school is out. This breaks my heart.
And some of the old people and vets..
I am not upset because of the drug addicted low life that don't want to work.
1 in 4 US children are hungry. And the GOP wants food stamps cut. And they're Christians. Hilarious.

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#27416 Oct 16, 2013
eddymunster wrote:
<quoted text>
So 100 percent true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enterprise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Concerned for Child. 26 min Concerned 1
Brian messenger 2 hr SheSrednecktrashtoo 136
Kc Harris help ur daughter 3 hr Concerned 4
Kara Jeffrey - Missing 8 hr Joe s 31
I seen Danny sowers (Jul '16) 11 hr Zach eyes in the sky 14
Mr Richmond 20 hr Danny Ford 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 21 hr Matt Kelly 4,219

Enterprise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance