First Prev
of 2
Next Last
educated

Morgantown, WV

#22 Aug 19, 2013
how about some knowledge before judgement http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/...
Angler For Life

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 Feb 25, 2014
I've been looking all over for clips of this ''shark'' that was ''supposed'' to be in the Mon and I'm old enough to know the story. They did have a ''shark'' hoisted on some type of a small crane back in the late 1970's somewhere on the Mon but don't know the location. There was pics of this in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette back in that era and they weren't falsified pics either. Not a dogfish either.
bozo

Fairmont, WV

#24 Feb 25, 2014
Rainbow Carp!
GreenApple127

Salem, WV

#25 Mar 4, 2014
It would not surprise me of what we could find in any of our lakes and rivers these days.
josh jones

Tampa, FL

#26 Dec 25, 2014
marty wrote:
it was a freshwater Shart !!
I believe it . Mon river near eastmillsboro a couple boaters where trailing a large red ball about the size of one of them toy balls you sit on and bounce that was being pulled up river during high water levels . To pull the balloon under for long periods of time and with a side to side stride of about 5 feet you really thinking it was was a large cat ? When they attempted to hook the balloon and pull it aboard it just about pulled two boaters over the side. The cable broke that it was attached with . It look to be a long cable with a spear on the end connected with chain. To this day we still wonder what it could have been and why.
casual observer

Fairmont, WV

#27 Dec 25, 2014
josh jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it . Mon river near eastmillsboro a couple boaters where trailing a large red ball about the size of one of them toy balls you sit on and bounce that was being pulled up river during high water levels . To pull the balloon under for long periods of time and with a side to side stride of about 5 feet you really thinking it was was a large cat ? When they attempted to hook the balloon and pull it aboard it just about pulled two boaters over the side. The cable broke that it was attached with . It look to be a long cable with a spear on the end connected with chain. To this day we still wonder what it could have been and why.
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you believe it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enterprise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where did Sheena yow go 2 hr Andrew 3
Marion County deputy harassment (Sep '14) 4 hr Gordon Lightfoot 66
What's wrong with Fairmont? 7 hr Usa citizen 1
Joedy Moots (Apr '14) 11 hr Old School 14
Backpage 12 hr Bigbadwolf 3
Who else is sick of all the veterans patting th... 16 hr casual observer 4
looking 20 hr Butthead 12
More from around the web

Enterprise People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE