Union Mission- bad experience

Union Mission- bad experience

Posted in the Enterprise Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
eve

United States

#1 Nov 27, 2013
Has anyone or families had trouble with Union Mission in Fairmont dictating whom they can and cannot associate with and where they MUST go to church at, I understand clearly if your a resident there then you MUST abide by their rules but when your out and about lets say for instance waiting for your children to get off the school bus and staff drives by and actually says your not to associate with so and so or your not allowed to spend time with your outside family or your told your gonna be thrown out if you go have FAMILY THANKSGIVING I don't get it. Please reply if you've had negative feedback or experience we are wanting to investigate this further with public investigators
eve

United States

#2 Nov 27, 2013
You don't have to give your name on here- we can get in touch with you and if you'd like to talk to the media it can be arranged
They call me JC

Fairmont, WV

#3 Nov 27, 2013
Indeed, my parents were turned away at this very Inn on the night that I was born, probably because they were Jews.
Amber

United States

#4 Nov 27, 2013
They call me JC wrote:
Indeed, my parents were turned away at this very Inn on the night that I was born, probably because they were Jews.
Well, I hope they fed them before they turned them away. They could have at least made them a BLT...Hahaha
patty

United States

#5 Nov 29, 2013
Ignorant comments hum makes u wonder
Steve

United States

#6 Nov 29, 2013
patty wrote:
Ignorant comments hum makes u wonder
Talk about ignorant comments! Do YOU know anything about punctuation marks? Just wondering.
Malcum

United States

#7 Nov 30, 2013
Hi, I once had to stay there for 23 days- I am grateful but the staff was awful, turn your phones in at front desk, no talking to males if your a female and vice versa and I was told my friends COULDN'T call for me or visit me which I understand but once your out looking for work or your at church why the need to try enforce those rules and your constantly being told YOUR GONNA BE PUT OUT if you don't abide again I'm grateful for the bed but all that other stuff my goodness isn't the goal at the Union Mission to help NOT DICTATE? Hope my experience helps with your article, and of Topix police sorry about the use or bonuses of pun of
Malcum

United States

#8 Nov 30, 2013
Wow speech to text oops sorry about nonuse or use of punctuation marks but I myself nor the other user probably wasn't to concerned about it considering a genuine concern is being addressed here, thank you.
Tom Brady

United States

#9 Dec 1, 2013
That is sad... I worked in the healthcare for a very long time. Esp with abuse and neglect children. I would see staff at group homes or even in psych hospitals being punitive to children. Also they would have their own idea of a rule and how they would enforce it. A lot of times staff would make idol threats, telling somebody they would be kicked out or loose a visit. Usually someone who gets into the healthcare is there to help, but sometimes a area of healthcare is not your calling! Plus you can sometimes get burnt out and you have to know when to leave. I understand having rules into place for consistency. If you set bar to high, you are setting someone up for failure!! At this time in life you need to focus and reinforce the positives! God bless and take care..
Fairmont times

Clarksburg, WV

#10 Dec 1, 2013
You all have a right to an opinion. This is like getting meals on wheels delivered to you home then complaining about the service or food. I'm sure there are reasons why you can't have contact at facility. That's the problem with helping people. If its not done how they want you've done it wrong. What happened to people being thankful. Ingrates!
Tom Brady

United States

#11 Dec 1, 2013
Fairmont times wrote:
You all have a right to an opinion. This is like getting meals on wheels delivered to you home then complaining about the service or food. I'm sure there are reasons why you can't have contact at facility. That's the problem with helping people. If its not done how they want you've done it wrong. What happened to people being thankful. Ingrates!
Thank you for validating people concerns! Your analogy around meals on wheels still does not work for me! What if you get sick from the food you delivered, and kept getting sick on the food. I would hope someone would speak up! It could be as simple as bad food prep. So if a member of our community felt they might of been mistreated or singled out. I hope people would be willing to take the time to listen, maybe even give some advice or just keep these people in their prayers. These people that voiced their concerns seem very grateful for the facility. I hope there is some resolution. Maybe even approach the staff and voice your feelings. 90% if time it's miscommunication with one another. Remember to go in using "I" statements. I guess we could learn to be more assertive than passive aggressive and not post things on this forum in a haste. I truly do believe fairmont times people r not always appreciative with what they have! God bless you and your family. Have a safe holiday.
Redneck

Fairmont, WV

#12 Dec 1, 2013
The Mission should be knocked down and a sports bar built on top of it. Get a job, you filthy poor people.
DiAnna

United States

#13 Dec 2, 2013
I don't understand why some of the rules OUTSIDE the facility are in place- I mean why govern that? I personally know the women's director and she's trying to make a name for herself on the backs of one certain family and by the way the father works 6 days a week, why govern and put down children? The family is struggling and trying so why the added stress from the UNION MISSION and its so called staff with rules such as - if your parents don't participate in this or that or jump we they say (staff) are gonna punish the children by taking away their visitation rights with loved ones,I myself spoke directly with ccoordinator and was told THIS IS THE WAY IT IS!! I Mean excuse me these parents are homeless and trying they aren't lacking parenting skills so why the constant threat of WE'LL PUT YOU OUT.
Mae Trevors

United States

#14 Dec 2, 2013
I saw the great coverage on WDTV-5 HOW wonderful the mission is and their feeling countless on Thanksgiving and other days- I commend that and appreciate the donations that make this possible but as I was prepared to donate I spoke with a gentleman outside the UNION MISSION his name was Mr.Donald Paxton and he explained to me he was banned from staying there and his wife does RESIDE there what I find deplorable is he was actually turned away and REFUSED NOT ALLOWED to come in to eat not even for the day the mission was being held so high by the media, it made me sick and I just couldn't phantom why so I felt the need to ask ,Mr.Paxton showed me paperwork from the Fairmont PD that was a background clearance of any crime so I asked again why aren't you allowed to even eat there and he replied that his wife had seen him speaking to another female out front on a smoke break and became enraged and told staff he had previously cheated on her? I'm still at a loss for words why is she still allowed and he's not? Why can't this elderly gentleman at least come In and get a bite to eat? Can this be explained until so I don't feel I can donate food items to this facility, I mean this place is supposed to preach and feed the gospel not DISCRIMINATE AGAINST and withhold FOOD, MY prayers are with the resident's and Mr.Donald Paxton GOD BLESS ALL
Donald Paxton

Fairmont, WV

#15 Dec 2, 2013
Mae Trevors wrote:
I saw the great coverage on WDTV-5 HOW wonderful the mission is and their feeling countless on Thanksgiving and other days- I commend that and appreciate the donations that make this possible but as I was prepared to donate I spoke with a gentleman outside the UNION MISSION his name was Mr.Donald Paxton and he explained to me he was banned from staying there and his wife does RESIDE there what I find deplorable is he was actually turned away and REFUSED NOT ALLOWED to come in to eat not even for the day the mission was being held so high by the media, it made me sick and I just couldn't phantom why so I felt the need to ask ,Mr.Paxton showed me paperwork from the Fairmont PD that was a background clearance of any crime so I asked again why aren't you allowed to even eat there and he replied that his wife had seen him speaking to another female out front on a smoke break and became enraged and told staff he had previously cheated on her? I'm still at a loss for words why is she still allowed and he's not? Why can't this elderly gentleman at least come In and get a bite to eat? Can this be explained until so I don't feel I can donate food items to this facility, I mean this place is supposed to preach and feed the gospel not DISCRIMINATE AGAINST and withhold FOOD, MY prayers are with the resident's and Mr.Donald Paxton GOD BLESS ALL
Does that mean I can live at your house?
Fairmont Crab Family

United States

#16 Dec 2, 2013
The mission turned us away too. We had just jumped ship from the Dallya crotches and were preparing to make our journey to see relatives for the holiday. We were all hungry and they told us we didnt matter because we dont have souls!! Seems like the real "mission" these folks are running is their own. Theyve pumped their head so full of religion that they've forgotten the greatest commandment of all. Being self-appointed little gods themselves judging who is good or bad and seeking to control all those who they "help" is just not cool. Another example of religious idiots playing god making rules for everyone who "doesnt know any better". Feeding and housing the homeless is an honorable thing but denying selected individuals is not. Would your "jesus" deny anyone? And they said WE didnt have souls!! Pathetic.
cyan maynor

United States

#17 Dec 3, 2013
Why would anyone be denied shelter or food? This is the mission of this place to help, how awful to be denied shelter or food when all those donations are pouring in, I think this needs investigated and I will not donate anymore to this place my mission is to find another place to donate to, as for the rules im not for sure what to say about that other than using children to enforce rules on the parents is Child Neglect plain and simple, one question comes to mind is What would Jesus Christ think about this after all isn't this place and staff Christian based?
today

Clarksburg, WV

#18 Dec 3, 2013
Fairmont Crab Family wrote:
The mission turned us away too. We had just jumped ship from the Dallya crotches and were preparing to make our journey to see relatives for the holiday. We were all hungry and they told us we didnt matter because we dont have souls!! Seems like the real "mission" these folks are running is their own. Theyve pumped their head so full of religion that they've forgotten the greatest commandment of all. Being self-appointed little gods themselves judging who is good or bad and seeking to control all those who they "help" is just not cool. Another example of religious idiots playing god making rules for everyone who "doesnt know any better". Feeding and housing the homeless is an honorable thing but denying selected individuals is not. Would your "jesus" deny anyone? And they said WE didnt have souls!! Pathetic.
They are definitely not Christian's. You are to always help and suggestively judge your brothers. You will always find extremist or ppl who don't really practice with religion. Some just play the dog and pony show. Good luck with life!
Really

Shinnston, WV

#19 Dec 4, 2013
Malcum wrote:
Hi, I once had to stay there for 23 days- I am grateful but the staff was awful, turn your phones in at front desk, no talking to males if your a female and vice versa and I was told my friends COULDN'T call for me or visit me which I understand but once your out looking for work or your at church why the need to try enforce those rules and your constantly being told YOUR GONNA BE PUT OUT if you don't abide again I'm grateful for the bed but all that other stuff my goodness isn't the goal at the Union Mission to help NOT DICTATE? Hope my experience helps with your article, and of Topix police sorry about the use or bonuses of pun of
You could afford a cell phone but had to live at the mission?
hop hop

Clarksburg, WV

#20 Dec 4, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>You could afford a cell phone but had to live at the mission?
Yeah Obama gives them out now on your dime! Thanks mister prez!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enterprise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley bennett ice who know her game 55 min jeff73 8
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr FIT59 4,011
Sarah sawitski 3 hr Catherine 10
EFHS Baseball 3 hr Al Bundy 8
Fairmont State Falcons Basketball 3 hr casual observer 13
News Picture of Jesus to remain (Jul '06) 6 hr PayupSucka 94
Fun wives Sat Tyrone 11

Enterprise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Enterprise Mortgages