not so jealous

Fairmont, WV

#66 Jun 16, 2013
No one got a personal invite. It wasn't allstars only either. I won't call out names of children because I have better sense than that. What I was saying is Billy isn't such a bad guy at all. Don't hats him cause he is a winner. Be a better person than that. The children didn't have a problem with each other. Let it go. Envy will eat your heart out
Paco

Fairmont, WV

#67 Jun 17, 2013
De paco was working dat night at mi pueblos. I saw a bunch of de FOP and de Hot Dogs. Dey were drinking margaritas and de Hots Dogs were singing we be de champions. Fun was had by all
Redneck

Fairmont, WV

#68 Jun 17, 2013
Little league baseball is serious business in hick towns
not so jealous

Fairmont, WV

#69 Jun 17, 2013
I love you pack. Smartest thong said on here.
Justagameof batandball

Fairmont, WV

#70 Jun 17, 2013
With the by-laws, the only "all-star" team is the 11 and 12 year old team. The other two teams (9-10 and 10-11) are tournament teams. That being the case, the selection process is different for the different ages. As with any tournament team that plays before, during, or after the regular season, the selection is made according to who is wanted to travel with the team, and as such all of the board members and coaches have kids on the team. Those teams are selected long before the end of the season, unlike the actual all-star team that represents Fairmont. If there are deserving kids on the b ball teams that should be playing on their tournament team and did not play A ball, then the selection process of the 10-11 year old kids should be evaluated.
youarecluelessco ach

United States

#71 Jun 17, 2013
Justagameof batandball wrote:
With the by-laws, the only "all-star" team is the 11 and 12 year old team. The other two teams (9-10 and 10-11) are tournament teams. That being the case, the selection process is different for the different ages. As with any tournament team that plays before, during, or after the regular season, the selection is made according to who is wanted to travel with the team, and as such all of the board members and coaches have kids on the team. Those teams are selected long before the end of the season, unlike the actual all-star team that represents Fairmont. If there are deserving kids on the b ball teams that should be playing on their tournament team and did not play A ball, then the selection process of the 10-11 year old kids should be evaluated.
Now this was the epitome of a clueless post!

A) go to the Fairmont Little League web page. On the home page there is a huge banner that reads "CONGRATULATIONS to the Fairmont Little League 9-10 year old, and 10-11 year old All Stars for 2013. Click the 2013 All Star Teams tab on the left of the page to view the list of young men and women who will represent Fairmont in the All Star tournament"

So, now you are going to come here and say they are not "All Stars" but are simply a travel tournament team? BS! The uniforms and fees are most probably paid for by the money we all pay for LL Fees each year (and money raised via fundraisers). If this is the case, how is it fair that every board member automatically has their child on a team?

And to allege they are chosen during the season is baseless as most of the teams play in off season and preseason tournaments. Billy took a team to Winchester VA over Memorial Day that comprised almost the entire 11-12 team. Those were not paid for with Fairmont Little League money so that is not the issue.

The 9-10 and 10-11 teams are playing in LL District, State and Regional Tournaments as the FLL "All Stars" not Alex Peschel or Sean Hoskinson's travel teams.

Many of the summer travel tournaments after LL tournaments are limited to "local All Star teams" to participate. So for anyone to come on here and make a post like Justagame did is totally insane and attempts to insult the intelligence of all those that know better!
Just Sayin

Ashburn, VA

#72 Jun 17, 2013
not so jealous wrote:
I love you pack. Smartest thong said on here.
I would rather see a good looking thong than a smart thong.
DontYaWishYaKnew

Fairmont, WV

#73 Jun 17, 2013
Are you kidding me?? YOU ARE PITIFUL!! Discouraging these little guys once again!!! The 9-10 & 10-11 teams are just as special as the 11-12 team & they are all ALL-STARS!!!

You shouldn't wish negativity on little innocent children...KARMA WILL COME BACK TO BITE YOU!!!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE THING TO SAY...HATERS ONLY HATE THE PEOPLE THEY CAN'T BE AND THE THINGS THEY DON'T HAVE & HATERS ONLY HATE WHEN THEY CAN'T PARTICIPATE!!

To the 9-10s & 10-11s....RESPECT YOUR HATERS!!! THEY ARE THE ONES THAT THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM!!!

TO ALL 3 ALL-STAR TEAMS....
LET'S GOOOOOOOOO BOYS!!! SHW OW THESE FAIRMONT HATERS WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT!!!
WeWishYouWouldST FU

United States

#74 Jun 17, 2013
DontYaWishYaKnew wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me?? YOU ARE PITIFUL!! Discouraging these little guys once again!!! The 9-10 & 10-11 teams are just as special as the 11-12 team & they are all ALL-STARS!!!
You shouldn't wish negativity on little innocent children...KARMA WILL COME BACK TO BITE YOU!!!!!
THERE'S ONLY ONE THING TO SAY...HATERS ONLY HATE THE PEOPLE THEY CAN'T BE AND THE THINGS THEY DON'T HAVE & HATERS ONLY HATE WHEN THEY CAN'T PARTICIPATE!!
To the 9-10s & 10-11s....RESPECT YOUR HATERS!!! THEY ARE THE ONES THAT THINK YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM!!!
TO ALL 3 ALL-STAR TEAMS....
LET'S GOOOOOOOOO BOYS!!! SHW OW THESE FAIRMONT HATERS WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT!!!
No, they are SOME Stars and some daddy's boyz that got put on team cause daddy is on the FLL Board or daddy is buddy with the coach.

Yes, some kids are stars and deserve to be there, others don't. And it is this system that will cause these teams to fail come tournament time. Sorry to bust your bubble, but deal with it. So, Stephanie (at least change your writing style and punctuation) you need to stuff a cork in it, OK Sister?
not so jealous

Fairmont, WV

#75 Jun 17, 2013
KM you shouldn't be so judgemental. And leave that girl alone. Grow up and get a life.
Justagameof batandball

Fairmont, WV

#76 Jun 18, 2013
Little league international states that there are only three all star teams: District 5 11/12, District 5 13/14 and District 5 5/16 year old Williamsport eligible to play for the Major Little League World series title. Though we are close to Pennsylvania, it is a long journey to Willamsport. Not every one likes the coach or the parents of the players. Put dislikes aside and support the team.
The other age groups are in the minors. Little League organization recognizes them as tournament teams. They are "all star kids" and represent FLL wherever those teams play but can not represent FLL for the Major World Series title.
The majority of the players on the 11/12 year old team were voted for; the other two teams were selected by their coach. It is the coach that selects their best team.
IfThisIsTheCase

United States

#77 Jun 18, 2013
Little league international states that there are only three all star teams: District 5 11/12, District 5 13/14 and District 5 5/16 year old Williamsport eligible to play for the Major Little League World series title. Though we are close to Pennsylvania, it is a long journey to Willamsport. Not every one likes the coach or the parents of the players. Put dislikes aside and support the team.
The other age groups are in the minors. Little League organization recognizes them as tournament teams. They are "all star kids" and represent FLL wherever those teams play but can not represent FLL for the Major World Series title.
The majority of the players on the 11/12 year old team were voted for; the other two teams were selected by their coach. It is the coach that selects their best team.
The coach of 9-10 & 10-11 always comes from the board, so they don't pick the "best team", they pick every board members kid and others that are buddy's or lobbied for by other board members. And if they are just board/coach picked travel/tournament teams, why is Fairmont Little League money used to pay for their uniforms and other stuff? I'm not sure how others feel, but I most certainly resent money I paid or raise through the sales of those stupid cards being used to support this kind of bullcrap.

And if the only team considered by Little League International as being "All Stars" is the 11-12 and up, why is the FLL site and all the blow hard parents and kids trumpeting to every one that will listen "all star.all star.all star" when they are no more than a board chosen "travel tournament team"? When my kids have played travel ball, we have had to cover the uniform and everything else, why aren't these teams required to do so.

The more JustAGame posts, the more he proves what has been said in this thread is true. Every year it seems the number of kids at FLL has been going down and if things continue like this, perhaps these jack asses can sit there and play with themselves. I know I will never sell another card or give a dime to FLL for them to waste in this manner.
Wrong Pal

Wheeling, WV

#78 Jun 18, 2013
Easy solution for the coaches and their supporters how many of the 12-13 "all stars" on the team are NOT coaches kids or board members kids? If the answer is 0-1 or 2 then you have no leg to stand on. If the answer is 5-6 then I dont see a problem.
didyoufailreadin g

United States

#79 Jun 18, 2013
Wrong Pal wrote:
Easy solution for the coaches and their supporters how many of the 12-13 "all stars" on the team are NOT coaches kids or board members kids? If the answer is 0-1 or 2 then you have no leg to stand on. If the answer is 5-6 then I dont see a problem.
The 11-12 team has 9 players voted on by the players. The coach chooses the other 4 kids on the team
Of the 13 FLL Board members, two have kids that are not old enough to qualify. The other 11 have kids named to one of the 3 All Star teams.
This year {unlike past years} there were not a large number of 10's called up to A Ball, so there were 5 B-Ball players named to the 9-10 team {but 2 of those were FLL Board members kids}. For the 9-10 team, slots are offered first to any kid that played A Ball even though many of them were called up ahead of far better players simply based on FLL Board or buddy ball. Coach Peschel even stated here that the 1 A Baller not on the team chose not to.
The 10-11 team consists of all A ball players. 2 FLL Board members sons, a former Board members son and nephew and multiple players that were not that good of players, but were lobbied for by a board member or buddy with the coach. There were other 10-11's that played well and earned positions but were not taken because of the system in place.
And I like the poster before resent FLL money being used for what has been admitted in this thread to be a FLL Travel Tournament team.
XXXXX

Fairmont, WV

#80 Jun 18, 2013
Do any of you really think that by posting all this stuff on here that its really gonna change anything? The teams are finalized. Sorry about the kids that didn't get picked but life goes on!! Lets support the kids that did!! The shit on here is ridiculous & it's never gonna change so just accept the fact that life isn't fair & keep it moving!!!
not so jealous

Fairmont, WV

#81 Jun 18, 2013
Well said my friend.
weallknow

Harrison, AR

#82 Jun 18, 2013
didyoufailreading wrote:
<quoted text>
The 11-12 team has 9 players voted on by the players. The coach chooses the other 4 kids on the team
Of the 13 FLL Board members, two have kids that are not old enough to qualify. The other 11 have kids named to one of the 3 All Star teams.
This year {unlike past years} there were not a large number of 10's called up to A Ball, so there were 5 B-Ball players named to the 9-10 team {but 2 of those were FLL Board members kids}. For the 9-10 team, slots are offered first to any kid that played A Ball even though many of them were called up ahead of far better players simply based on FLL Board or buddy ball. Coach Peschel even stated here that the 1 A Baller not on the team chose not to.
The 10-11 team consists of all A ball players. 2 FLL Board members sons, a former Board members son and nephew and multiple players that were not that good of players, but were lobbied for by a board member or buddy with the coach. There were other 10-11's that played well and earned positions but were not taken because of the system in place.
And I like the poster before resent FLL money being used for what has been admitted in this thread to be a FLL Travel Tournament team.
KM we all know why your so mad and honestly its you and your husbands fault..Just becuase your kid didnt get picked for 11-12 and your youngest for 10-11 and we all know thats why he turned down the 9-10 that's no reason to start bashing everyone else...And everyone knows this is you on here but yet you continue to bash everyone else.. Also everyone knows your husband was mad when your son was a 2/1 and kicked the trash can looking like a idot..I am sorry for your kids sake becuase parents like you and your husband affect the kids and hints the reason why they dont get picked..So get over yourself and quit making excuses you need to look in the mirror and realize you are hurting your own kids by your actions but yet you want to bash everyone else..Trust me everyone knows!!!!!!
notnowbutfuture

United States

#83 Jun 18, 2013
XXXXX wrote:
Do any of you really think that by posting all this stuff on here that its really gonna change anything? The teams are finalized. Sorry about the kids that didn't get picked but life goes on!! Lets support the kids that did!! The shit on here is ridiculous & it's never gonna change so just accept the fact that life isn't fair & keep it moving!!!
What took place this year can't be changed, but if there is enough backlash, perhaps something will be done in the future. The excuse "it has always been done this way" does not make it right. Other Little Leagues handle their All Stars differently and that shows on the field.
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#84 Jun 18, 2013
XXXXX wrote:
That's like sayin' we should all support Obama because he was elected president.
Butthead

Oswego, NY

#85 Jun 18, 2013
I've been reading these posts and would like to know what the kids think of FLL. It's for them, not the parents. As long as your child enjoys the season, that's all that matters. For the parents who don't like the board members kids being on the All-Star team, ask yourself how much time YOU spent in the back yard trying to make your kid a better ball player. Or did you just send them to practice and expect the coach to do the work. The board members are all coaches and I would bet spend time with thier kids after practice working with them. Quit complaining some much and spend time making your kid better!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enterprise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 46 min fitness-guru 58,936
He Should Be Investigated On Then Get Evidence ... 46 min MentalExamination 5
EAST fairmont highschool football program 1 hr Matt Musgrave 83
The pervert in mid city. 1 hr Melissa 8
bank card 3 hr little red riding... 1
where did the topix town drunk go? (May '13) 7 hr Beavis 16
heavenly hoagie 7 hr Beavis 64
Enterprise Dating
Find my Match

Enterprise Jobs

Enterprise People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Enterprise News, Events & Info