fairmont little league
Lacy

Akron, OH

#26 Jun 12, 2013
There were no 9 year olds in a-ball this year. They were all 10. When the "son of the coach was 9' he was in b-ball. There are no kids in a-ball 10-12 years of age that started as 9 year olds.
Coach

United States

#27 Jun 12, 2013
youareacluelesscoach wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone that talks about being a coach and watching things, you would think you would know that not 1 single 9yr old got called up this year to A-Ball. Only 10's and 11's.
Also, I did not see where anyone said anything negative about any specific player (all kids)--only comments were about adults. I am an A-Ball parent and "little Cameron Hines" as you called him is probably a better player than 90% of the kids playing A-Ball.
Read my post i know only 10's play A-BALL i was speaking of the all star team and i agree with you about Cameron so not sure what you are meaning..You must not have read the post about BW where it says he only playes his son in the main positions thats where CH came into play so really your post make no sense..lol But neither does really any of these on here..
hmmmmm

Clarksburg, WV

#28 Jun 12, 2013
hurd wrote:
As long as your not on Billy Willkersons team! we had him in the past and he plays daddy ball and sucks as a coach. He will be nice to whoever is great and doesn't want to coach the entire team...miserable... Some people go to watch his games just to hope he loses
it's nice to hide behind a keyboard... Get a life
hmmmmm

Clarksburg, WV

#29 Jun 12, 2013
I take it all these whiners kids didn't make all-stars....Don't hate wilkerson cause he's a winner.
youareacluelessc oach

Kansas City, MO

#30 Jun 12, 2013
hurd wrote:
As long as your not on Billy Willkersons team! we had him in the past and he plays daddy ball and sucks as a coach. He will be nice to whoever is great and doesn't want to coach the entire team...miserable... Some people go to watch his games just to hope he loses
@ "coach"

I replied to this post so you can again reread what was actually written in ENGLISH and not what your narrow mind interpreted it to be saying.

You and others keep skirting the issue that on all 3 teams are some great players, and some that are simply there due to who their parents are or who they know. It is an indisputable fact that EVERY Board Member that has a child of age to qualify, has their child "selected" for "All Stars".

With the 9-10 and 10-11 teams it would not be hard to put together a team of "no stars" (kids not deemed all stars") and beat the crap out of those two board/coach selected teams from A and B ball.

And I have been around Fairmont and FLL long enough to know this is not an isolated incident. It has been this way for years and will continue as such. The names change, but the butthole actions always will remain! lol
Baseball guy

Fairmont, WV

#31 Jun 12, 2013
The board has nothing to do with selecting the kids for the 9-10 10-11 all star teams. The coach selects them.
As for being unhappy with the league I highly recommend you to run for a board position. Meeting is in October.
ParentsAreFrustr ating

Morgantown, WV

#32 Jun 12, 2013
I would encourage anyone who is complaining to run for a board position or to coach a team themselves. The last 2 years in B and C ball, coaches that were going to coach together had to split up because there were more teams than coaches. This year in A ball, there are 6 teams and there were 6 guys to put in to coach. It's not always going to be fair and there are always going to be mistakes made when it comes to all star teams but I would say most of those kids deserve it. I do think for the most part, the coaches try to do what they believe helps their team win. I'm sure there's a reason for why a kid is not playing as much as their parents think they should. Baseball is about more than hitting also, even though some parents think otherwise. If a kid doesn't know what to do in the field, then his extra hit a game isn't goint to help if he causes a few runs due to fielding. Work with your child and help him/her to get better. Make a difference. Support your local teams even if you don't agree with who's on there.
Coach

United States

#33 Jun 12, 2013
<quoted text>
@ "coach"
I replied to this post so you can again reread what was actually written in ENGLISH and not what your narrow mind interpreted it to be saying.
You and others keep skirting the issue that on all 3 teams are some great players, and some that are simply there due to who their parents are or who they know. It is an indisputable fact that EVERY Board Member that has a child of age to qualify, has their child "selected" for "All Stars".
With the 9-10 and 10-11 teams it would not be hard to put together a team of "no stars" (kids not deemed all stars") and beat the crap out of those two board/coach selected teams from A and B ball.
And I have been around Fairmont and FLL long enough to know this is not an isolated incident. It has been this way for years and will continue as such. The names change, but the butthole actions always will remain! lol
WOW!! Your title speaks good for yourself are you telling me that the 9-10 allstar team isnt any good?? Oh my i wish i knew your name becuase i would gladly rub this in your face when they do succeed that team is pretty solid all the way around..And by this i can tell your child didnt make it.. But i do agree that it has been that way for years and it will never change so i guess we just learn to deal with it becuase in a few years it wont matter who your dad is and the true ALLSTARS will seperate themselves from the kids who rode on daddy and mommy shirt tale..
NeverCoachingAga in

Fairmont, WV

#34 Jun 12, 2013
ParentsAreFrustrating wrote:
I would encourage anyone who is complaining to run for a board position or to coach a team themselves. The last 2 years in B and C ball, coaches that were going to coach together had to split up because there were more teams than coaches. This year in A ball, there are 6 teams and there were 6 guys to put in to coach. It's not always going to be fair and there are always going to be mistakes made when it comes to all star teams but I would say most of those kids deserve it. I do think for the most part, the coaches try to do what they believe helps their team win. I'm sure there's a reason for why a kid is not playing as much as their parents think they should. Baseball is about more than hitting also, even though some parents think otherwise. If a kid doesn't know what to do in the field, then his extra hit a game isn't goint to help if he causes a few runs due to fielding. Work with your child and help him/her to get better. Make a difference. Support your local teams even if you don't agree with who's on there.
My name here says it all. I have coached in the past and did it for the right reasons. I attempted to help every player improve and did not coach "daddy ball" as it has been called here. I loved the players, but could not stand having to deal with parents, the board (politics), other coaches that wanted to ignore certain rules if it helped their team out only and umpires that either don't know the rules or don't apply them equally to both teams on the field. There is a large disparity in the talent pool of younger players (B/C/T ball) and it stems from a lack of focus on fundamentals and coaching all the players and not just the ones that "show promise" or "have skills" at that time/level.
youareaclielessc oach

Kansas City, MO

#35 Jun 12, 2013
Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!! Your title speaks good for yourself are you telling me that the 9-10 allstar team isnt any good?? Oh my i wish i knew your name becuase i would gladly rub this in your face when they do succeed that team is pretty solid all the way around..And by this i can tell your child didnt make it.. But i do agree that it has been that way for years and it will never change so i guess we just learn to deal with it becuase in a few years it wont matter who your dad is and the true ALLSTARS will seperate themselves from the kids who rode on daddy and mommy shirt tale..
When I look at the 9-10 team I see 6-7 great players and 6-7 that probably should not be there. It's obvious from your tone that your kid is on that team, so take off your blinders. You have more than one 2/1'ers from A-ball on your team and they barely got to play.

The 10-11 team is even worse! There are multiple strike out kings and error machines that got "selected" to be an "All-Star".

Yes, both teams have the top players in their age range, but what would kill you in the long run would be the coat tail riders that have no business being on the teams. Last I checked it took a team of 9 to play the game plus subs and I could get 13 solid players to beat your stars + coat tail team!
Chad Gower

United States

#36 Jun 12, 2013
You people on here really kill me..Guys its about the kids period yes some might not agree with what goes on but you know what these coaches and board memebers are VOLUNTEERS who take time out of their busy lives to try and teach your kids the game they love and make sure they have a nice place to play..If you dont like whats going on then run for the board..If you feel your child isnt playing as much as you wish become a coach they have a hard time finding them every year!! But this crap on this site is a joke and if everyone would act like adults and teach their child the proper way to treat one another then you wouldnt have this..I know about every kid that made every ALL STAR team all of them are great kids and reguardless if you think they should or shouldnt have made it keep that to yourself becuase you need to think about the kid's and how they feel one day it wont matter becuase you will be picked truly by talent but until then i say we support the ones who were picked and encourge the ones who werent to work harder and get better thats what a real parent should do not get on some dumb website and start bashing everyone..my goodness
Holly Yelich

United States

#37 Jun 12, 2013
Chad Gower wrote:
You people on here really kill me..Guys its about the kids period yes some might not agree with what goes on but you know what these coaches and board memebers are VOLUNTEERS who take time out of their busy lives to try and teach your kids the game they love and make sure they have a nice place to play..If you dont like whats going on then run for the board..If you feel your child isnt playing as much as you wish become a coach they have a hard time finding them every year!! But this crap on this site is a joke and if everyone would act like adults and teach their child the proper way to treat one another then you wouldnt have this..I know about every kid that made every ALL STAR team all of them are great kids and reguardless if you think they should or shouldnt have made it keep that to yourself becuase you need to think about the kid's and how they feel one day it wont matter becuase you will be picked truly by talent but until then i say we support the ones who were picked and encourge the ones who werent to work harder and get better thats what a real parent should do not get on some dumb website and start bashing everyone..my goodness
GOOD FOR YOU CHAD! I mean literally putting peoples names and pointing at children who love the game and are friends whether they a
re on all stars or not he kids have better sense than the adults. Pipe down fools could be why your child isn't chosen no one wants to deal with "mouthy" crybaby trouble makers. Think about it
Stephanie Yelich

Fairmont, WV

#38 Jun 12, 2013
AMEN SISTER!!!
openfield

United States

#39 Jun 12, 2013
youareaclielesscoach wrote:
<quoted text>
When I look at the 9-10 team I see 6-7 great players and 6-7 that probably should not be there. It's obvious from your tone that your kid is on that team, so take off your blinders. You have more than one 2/1'ers from A-ball on your team and they barely got to play.
The 10-11 team is even worse! There are multiple strike out kings and error machines that got "selected" to be an "All-Star".
Yes, both teams have the top players in their age range, but what would kill you in the long run would be the coat tail riders that have no business being on the teams. Last I checked it took a team of 9 to play the game plus subs and I could get 13 solid players to beat your stars + coat tail team!
There are 3 open fields at MLR park, Watson school, if you have 13 solid players that could beat the 9-10 all star team pick a field and set the game up! You are a joke and if your a coach shame on you, if your a parent good example douch . You are degrading kids that have nothing to do with the picks asshole!
S Hoskinson

Fairmont, WV

#40 Jun 12, 2013
10-11 accept your challenge. Lets play.
youareacluelessc oach

Kansas City, MO

#41 Jun 13, 2013
openfield wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 3 open fields at MLR park, Watson school, if you have 13 solid players that could beat the 9-10 all star team pick a field and set the game up! You are a joke and if your a coach shame on you, if your a parent good example douch . You are degrading kids that have nothing to do with the picks asshole!
Your usage of profanity only shows your lack of upbringing. What is being talked about is not specific kids by name but the closed system of buddy ball and nepotism that is rampant in youth sports today. A person should volunteer to coach or serve on the board for reasons other than making sure their kid gets "selected" on all stars based upon who you are, not how your kid plays baseball. That is not slamming any specific kid, it is just pointing out what is and has taken place in FLL for years.

As to playing a game, what purpose would that serve? The satisfaction will be when those teams lose in the tournaments once again this year (I'm talking 9-10 and 10-11 as I know a couple of years back the 11-12 went to the regional level on ESPN).

If I am wrong you can come here and gloat, but if I am right, there will be tons of people sniggering about how FLL handles "All Stars" again for the umpteenth time.
not so jealous

Fairmont, WV

#42 Jun 13, 2013
Why don't you quit watching fol and move on. I will gladly make you a crow pie for every victory of 9-10 year old allstars
youareacluelessc oach

United States

#43 Jun 13, 2013
not so jealous wrote:
Why don't you quit watching fol and move on. I will gladly make you a crow pie for every victory of 9-10 year old allstars
For gods sake I can't wait til I won't have to watch and deal with FLL again. 4 kids over a span of 14 years, so I am so done with this BS! And those teams will have a hard time with districts, and won't go any farther.
Stephanie Yelich

Fairmont, WV

#44 Jun 13, 2013
<quoted text>
Your usage of profanity only shows your lack of upbringing. What is being talked about is not specific kids by name but the closed system of buddy ball and nepotism that is rampant in youth sports today. A person should volunteer to coach or serve on the board for reasons other than making sure their kid gets "selected" on all stars based upon who you are, not how your kid plays baseball. That is not slamming any specific kid, it is just pointing out what is and has taken place in FLL for years.
As to playing a game, what purpose would that serve? The satisfaction will be when those teams lose in the tournaments once again this year (I'm talking 9-10 and 10-11 as I know a couple of years back the 11-12 went to the regional level on ESPN).
If I am wrong you can come here and gloat, but if I am right, there will be tons of people sniggering about how FLL handles "All Stars" again for the umpteenth time.
Ina previous comment you said & I quote "I COULD GET A SOLID TEAM OF 13 TO BEAT YOUR ALLSTARS + COAT TAIL TEAM" !! Now you say "AS TO PLAYING A GAME, WHAT PURPOSE WOULD THAT SERVE"?? Why such a change of heart all of a sudden?? Because you know you will get smashed... LMFAO at you!

AND THEN YOU SAID YOU ARE NOT SLAMMING KIDS & IN THE NEXT SENTENCE YOU STATED YOUR SATISFACTION WILL BE WHEN THE TEAMS LOOSE THE TOURNAMENTS AGAIN THIS YEAR!!! It is really sad that you would wish that upon innocent little children who have nothing to do with this bullshit all of you JEALOUS IDIOTIC ASSHOLES POST ON THIS COWARDLY WEBSITE!!!

Grown-Ass men on here discouraging poor kids who play their butts off all year & look forward to this all season long!! I WISH I KNEW WHO YOU WERE SO WHEN THE TIME COMES I COULD RUB IT DIRECTLY IN YOUR FACE!!! JEALOUSY IS A DISEASE...GET WELL SOON ASSHOLE!!!
youareacluelessc oach

United States

#45 Jun 14, 2013
Stephanie Yelich wrote:
<quoted text>
Ina previous comment you said & I quote "I COULD GET A SOLID TEAM OF 13 TO BEAT YOUR ALLSTARS + COAT TAIL TEAM" !! Now you say "AS TO PLAYING A GAME, WHAT PURPOSE WOULD THAT SERVE"?? Why such a change of heart all of a sudden?? Because you know you will get smashed... LMFAO at you!
AND THEN YOU SAID YOU ARE NOT SLAMMING KIDS & IN THE NEXT SENTENCE YOU STATED YOUR SATISFACTION WILL BE WHEN THE TEAMS LOOSE THE TOURNAMENTS AGAIN THIS YEAR!!! It is really sad that you would wish that upon innocent little children who have nothing to do with this bullshit all of you JEALOUS IDIOTIC ASSHOLES POST ON THIS COWARDLY WEBSITE!!!
Grown-Ass men on here discouraging poor kids who play their butts off all year & look forward to this all season long!! I WISH I KNEW WHO YOU WERE SO WHEN THE TIME COMES I COULD RUB IT DIRECTLY IN YOUR FACE!!! JEALOUSY IS A DISEASE...GET WELL SOON ASSHOLE!!!
Honey, you really need to get over yourself! It does not surprise me you post with your name because you are an "Attention WHORE".

1) you were the one that came here and talked about your kid under a "screen name" until you were called out immediately for it

2) you are the one that comes out of the grandstand and walks around the field after your son hits a HR so everyone can give YOU props for what your son did (did you ever consider many of them are not in the grandstand simply because you are so obnoxious?)

3) "Grown ass men"?? What makes you so sure I am a man? Everyone of those kids have a mom as well. You know that saying about ASSUME

4) "discouraging poor kids who play their butts off all year & look forward to this all season long!! " and what makes you think that the kids who played their butts off and did well, looked forward to the chance to play on All-Stars only to see kids that did not do as well on the team because of who daddy was are not discouraged? Yes, take a bow and know your kid deserved to be there- that is not the issue.

5) you know me, and I know what a hypocrite you are because I and others have heard you running your mouth about FLL and the Board and how things are done with all the politics and BS. So take off your superhero cape and STFU sister!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enterprise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single women 1 hr Elroy 3
shooting @ muriale's 1 hr Rob 24
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr loan 1,337
Muriales resturant. 5 hr Daily diner 2
David Tamm (Feb '13) 6 hr notafanoftamm 15
Lacy Neff 9 hr Earl 29
Baxter Shooting (Dec '11) Sat Yourmom toldme 66
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Enterprise Mortgages