First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NO NONSENSE

Bridgeport, WV

#1 Oct 9, 2013
Fairmont businesses need not look any further than this woman to see why our local economy is struggling. Rather than support local business this woman chose to use a company in CALIFORNIA to promote Breast Cancer Awareness month and purchase t-shirts. Fairly certain she also used this same company to purchase cheerleading uniforms, uniforms that were late arriving.

KEEP UP THE GOOD MARY JO!!! Nice job supporting your local economy!!
fmt wv resident

Kansas City, MO

#2 Oct 9, 2013
Maybe she was/is trying to get the best bang for her buck. Some of us live from paycheck to paycheck, ya know. Sounds like you are bitter or jealous.
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#3 Oct 9, 2013
NO NONSENSE wrote:
Fairmont businesses need not look any further than this woman to see why our local economy is struggling. Rather than support local business this woman chose to use a company in CALIFORNIA to promote Breast Cancer Awareness month and purchase t-shirts. Fairly certain she also used this same company to purchase cheerleading uniforms, uniforms that were late arriving.
Thanks for keeping us abreast of this.
jack

Bridgeport, WV

#4 Oct 9, 2013
fmt wv resident.......Is that it? Cheaper is better? I bet you're the typical dummy who'll spend $5 driving to Bridgeport to save 3 cents on a gallon of gas.

This is about supporting your LOCAL community and not outsourcing business 5000 miles from home.
get a life

Charleston, WV

#5 Oct 9, 2013
To No Nonsense... Instead of bitching about what a volunteer did on her own time to promote a great cause, why don't you come out from under your rock instead of leaving comments without giving your name? Maybe if the "local businesses" didn't jack up their prices for products that are far less than quality material, more people would use them. So yes, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MARY JO!!! She DID do a great job...
Get it straight

Fairmont, WV

#6 Oct 9, 2013
First off... She DID purchase shirts from a local business. The shirts that the blue pee wee boys wore. That money came out of her pocket. Second...You are criticizing her for purchasing shirts from a company outside of Fairmont not commending her for putting together something pretty special in honor of loved ones who have either lost their lives, are fighting now or have survived cancer. You are disgusting! At least she did something to raise awareness and pay tribute. The only thing you are trying to make people aware of is where she decided to buy t shirts. What difference does it make to you? Do you own a local t- shirt business? If so, maybe you should have more competitive prices so people could keep their business local. Third...Instead of getting on Topix and complaining about NON issues, why don't you go out and do something good for YOUR community like Mary Jo did. I appreciated all the time and effort that she put into the PInk Out day. My son walked that day in honor of two people that we loved very much that lost their lives. I don't think they would have cared that the shirts a handful of people wore came from California. The day was about Cancer awareness not t-shirts.
Someone is butt hurt

Hockessin, DE

#7 Oct 9, 2013
Sounds like the original poster is upset because his business wasn't used or it's someone who knows him. If so, I know who you are and your prices are terrible compared with the crap quality of the material you use. And if it's not who I think it is, shut up anyway...
People have a right to buy from whoever they want to buy from. If she used a company that isn't local to get the best price and quality, good for her. It's called good sense and smart thinking. In this economy, one can't afford to play the "good ole boy" game just to line the pockets of the local drinking buddies and "just cause I know you's". Whoever started this post is a coward and a loser... to attack someone for the good they did just because the good ole boy's business wasn't used and they didn't get their name in the paper. Damn Coward!!!
Someone is butt hurt

Hockessin, DE

#8 Oct 9, 2013
NO NONSENSE wrote:
You are such a big person to rag on someone supporting breast cancer awareness!!! Hope you are proud of yourself! You didn't get to benefit or line your pockets from that day, so you attack this wonderful person who doesn't owe you or anyone else an explaination.

Oh, and if the FOP Directors had not screwed up the info on how much money was available to purchase the cheer uniforms, they would not have been late. Stick to posting attacks about something you know, which apparently isn't much.
HTS

Fairmont, WV

#9 Oct 9, 2013
Well so I have had a couple phone call asking if I posted this... NO I DID NOT!! and this is my first and last post on this site. I personally thought Sunday was an amazing day for a great cause. I appreciate everyone's efforts that worked it and planned it. It was a pleasure to be apart of it and to watch the kids who understood what it meant to walk in memory of or better yet with someone they love.

JOB WELL DONE!! I thought the shirts looked great and was very proud to be able to be apart of it.. Including making some of the shirts right here in WHITEHALL! Thank you for that blessing!!!
Thanks for putting it all together!! The Hassam's where privileged to be apart of it..... Thanks
Economy crasher

Fairmont, WV

#10 Oct 9, 2013
Finally, I know who to blame for our local economy struggling, Mary Jo Cochran! She must be one BAD B**TCH!!! She has broken down the entire local economy by buying a box of T-shirts from California.
wonder who

Bridgeport, WV

#11 Oct 9, 2013
I just wonder who the original poster is...? Can't be too hard to figure out. They own a local business that can make sports related items or someone that is friends with that person. Either way, the OP is a freaking coward and is sub-human to post something like this, when a great wonderful and kind human being was volunteering her own time, money and resources to promote breast cancer awareness.

If you feel so strongly about what you are saying, step out from behind the computer and put your name on it... What? No? Really, no one expected you to. Obviously, you are a dim witted piece of trash that has nothing better to do than go after someone that gave of herself for a selfless act of kindness. So, who are you... loser! Maybe her fiancÚ can use his computer resources to find out... Hmm, then we could start a Topix discussion about you.
Really

Bridgeport, WV

#12 Oct 9, 2013
From what I hear, FOP Colts have bigger problems financially than trying to mess with someone trying to do good by the cheer leaders and the community... The good old boy system needs to go in Fairmont. Time to clean house. Stop getting coaches that only want to play their kids, use their friends to order clothing items for the teams and to take team photos. It's no wonder Fairmont is always being outdone by Bridgeport and other area teams. Wake up Fairmont.
Oh man

Faber, VA

#13 Oct 9, 2013
wonder who wrote:
I just wonder who the original poster is...? Can't be too hard to figure out. They own a local business that can make sports related items or someone that is friends with that person. Either way, the OP is a freaking coward and is sub-human to post something like this, when a great wonderful and kind human being was volunteering her own time, money and resources to promote breast cancer awareness.
If you feel so strongly about what you are saying, step out from behind the computer and put your name on it... What? No? Really, no one expected you to. Obviously, you are a dim witted piece of trash that has nothing better to do than go after someone that gave of herself for a selfless act of kindness. So, who are you... loser! Maybe her fiancÚ can use his computer resources to find out... Hmm, then we could start a Topix discussion about you.
Man, I know that dude and I wouldn't want him hunting me down. Sucks being the original poster if he chooses to do so... Everyone is right. The OP is a coward! People these days...
fmt wv resident

Fairmont, WV

#14 Oct 10, 2013
jack wrote:
fmt wv resident.......Is that it? Cheaper is better? I bet you're the typical dummy who'll spend $5 driving to Bridgeport to save 3 cents on a gallon of gas.

This is about supporting your LOCAL community and not outsourcing business 5000 miles from home.
Hahhaha I'm no dummy. Also, I'm in no way affiliated with fop. My children aren't even old enough for this organization.

First Point is, I typically buy my gas in Morgantown, where I work. Are you pissed that I don't go to the mom n pops mart on east side? Aww,:( I take my business to Morgantown. How sad. Cry me a GD river.

Second point is, read the rest of the comments. Looks like the local work is of crap quality. So yes I would outsource 5000 miles away if the product was more affordable and of better quality.

Another example. Let's see, if I could get a better deal on a Toyota 4Runner in PA, than I could at Dan Cava's, then give me directions to the PA dealer! A 410 a month car payment is way better than 480, right?

Like I said, people have to what they have to do to keep some bucks in their banks. Life's tough, nothing's cheap.

Ohhh and yes, that's right, I said I work in Morgantown,:'( boo, I shouldn't have taken my skills out of Fairmont.... but wait, I get paid more to do the same thing in Morgantown than Fairmont, but according to your uneducated self, I should suck it up and stay local to save Fairmont.

F you buddy.
fmt wv resident

Fairmont, WV

#15 Oct 10, 2013
jack wrote:

And you are from kingwood, whys it matter, hilljack?!
fmt wv resident

Fairmont, WV

#16 Oct 10, 2013
jack wrote:

This just keeps getting better....

Why would it cost me 5 bucks to get to Bridgeport when I live 10 miles from there and get 31 mpg? Must be taking the scenic route
Love it

Faber, VA

#17 Oct 10, 2013
I love all the posts in support of MJ... You will notice she is too classy to get on here to defend herself... She doesn't have to. All of her friends and people with common sense are doing it for her. It's okay, we know who the little handful of trouble makers are that are stirring the pot for their personal agenda... I'd be minding my own business if I were you. Threats and hiding behind an online trash post is typical of this group...
Love it

Faber, VA

#18 Oct 10, 2013
Love it wrote:
I love all the posts in support of MJ... You will notice she is too classy to get on here to defend herself... She doesn't have to. All of her friends and people with common sense are doing it for her. It's okay, we know who the little handful of trouble makers are that are stirring the pot for their personal agenda... I'd be minding my own business if I were you. Threats and hiding behind an online trash post is typical of this group...
Oh, and I sure hope I don't get sued over this post... Lol I'm so scared!!! Ha ha Seems to be a lot of those threats floating around. Grow up people!
1 post removed
Beavis

Fairmont, WV

#20 Oct 10, 2013
jack wrote:
Does that mean you'll go to Fairmont General Hospital if you ever need a major operation? I thought not.
fmt wv resident

Kansas City, MO

#21 Oct 10, 2013
Beavis wrote:
<quoted text>Does that mean you'll go to Fairmont General Hospital if you ever need a major operation? I thought not.
Good one! Don't dare go to Cleveland Clinic or Pitt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enterprise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah sawitski 7 min Catherine 10
EFHS Baseball 29 min Al Bundy 8
Fairmont State Falcons Basketball 32 min casual observer 13
News Picture of Jesus to remain (Jul '06) 3 hr PayupSucka 94
Ashley bennett ice who know her game 18 hr Gross 6
Fun wives Sat Tyrone 11
Lookin for Caralyn redhead 20's Fri Cray Porter 35

Enterprise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance