Raid unearths mammoth hybrid marijuan...

Raid unearths mammoth hybrid marijuana farm in S. Utah canyon

There are 9 comments on the Salt Lake Tribune story from Aug 20, 2008, titled Raid unearths mammoth hybrid marijuana farm in S. Utah canyon. In it, Salt Lake Tribune reports that:

Iron County officials have found thousands of massive marijuana plants near a canyon south of Cedar City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salt Lake Tribune.

Professor

Lehi, UT

#1 Aug 29, 2008
Were there arrests? Is this pot farm tied to the mexican drug cartel?
local

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Sep 1, 2008
the farms busted are of low grade product. the dea is doing a wonderful job of pooring gasoline on a fire figuratively speaking. we can expect an explosion of ridiculous proportions next year.
local

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Sep 1, 2008
ridiculous claims of outrageous value have been made. cops are pretty good at turning themselves into wonderful heroes and making problems astronomically worse. i live closer to these farms then everyone except the farmers themselves and although i have children and dont approve of the grows i think that law enforcement isn't the force to be reckoned with in this situation.
anonimo

Cedar City, UT

#4 Nov 6, 2008
yes epecialy with
Duck

Collingwood, Canada

#5 Dec 2, 2009
legalize it !!!
loadspoon

Pensacola, FL

#6 Dec 3, 2009
It is ridiculous to me that in this day and age we are still putting people in jail and waisting money on weeds.The police lie about the value of there busts to make themselves into superheroes.We see everyday that they are no different than the criminals that they prosecute.Just think if they spent all the time and money they do on pot and put it into murders,rape and pedophiles maybe we could walk our neighborhoods at night safely.We need to legalize or at least de-criminalize
loadspoon

Pensacola, FL

#7 Dec 3, 2009
One more thing on this subject, don't they realize that making it illegal that all they are doing is making criminal enterprises rich? They also are ruining teenagers who make poor decisions lives.We need to start electing officials who are not afraid to look at the issues that are contraversial and make decisions that are against the norm to make this a better place to live.Pot is no different then booze maybe even a better choice so cmon lawmakers get with it
Reality

United States

#8 Dec 16, 2009
It's refreshing to see open-minded individuals with a real sense of the world. It's a stupidity for marijuana to be illegal. Kids are getting locked up for smoking, and sex offenders are being released into a flawed observation system and continuing their perversions. Utah has a very high rate of sex offenders one of the highest if not the highest. The police are egotistical, and power crazy. They spend their time looking at YouTube videos on their computers in between brutalizing the public.
loadspoon

Pensacola, FL

#9 Dec 16, 2009
Amen, It is a fact that the current "drug laws" are only a war on citizens of the U.S. Whatever happened to the Constitutional right for the pursuit of happiness? Who are they to tell us what that may be? I agree that there will always be abuse of any substances that create a certain Euphoria, but to ruin peoples lives over that fact is pathetic.We need to come up with a better way. I don't know what the answer is but it's not what were doing now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enterprise Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Happiest place? Survey says Utah (Mar '09) Mar '09 COMBAT VET 1
News Stagecoach robbery takes Southern Utah by surprise (Sep '08) Sep '08 Mark R 1
News Veterans' Roll Call (Aug '08) Aug '08 ROBERT 1
News Gaining perspective on Pioneer Day (Jul '08) Jul '08 Really 2
News Gaining perspective on Pioneer Day (Jul '08) Jul '08 Quiet_Dave 2
News 30 volunteers, friends search Utah desert (May '08) May '08 joey jacson 1
News Truman - Hughes (Oct '07) Apr '08 Faleen 4

Enterprise Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Enterprise Mortgages