More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 426)

Showing posts 8,501 - 8,520 of9,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Churmudgeon wrote:
Drizzly cold rainy day today. It makes all my joints ache. I seen a cardinal sitting in the tree by the house. It wasnt looking too happy. Maybe he has achy joints too? Any way at least we are having better weather than the Texas & Oklahoma panhandle.Their having record snow. Im ready for green up Im running low of hay. If I had not sold over half of my cattle I would already be out of hay. I culled all the old cows and just kept the best ones.
It's nice here. We will probably be in the mid 50's today. I am about to get outside and enjoy it.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>How old do you think I am? I bet we are close in age by the way you talk.
I bet you are correct.

I will take a wild guess with some of the clues you've given. You have an eight year old. You claim to be "retired" (from the military or some other government job, I presume.) I come to this conclusion by your statement that you have been around the world and "keeping us safe." I would put your age somewhere between 41 and 46. Since you remember shows like Bonanza, I would tend to lean towards the higher number of 46. Maybe 45.

But I just may be a little older and wiser.:)

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Churmudgeon wrote:
Drizzly cold rainy day today. It makes all my joints ache. I seen a cardinal sitting in the tree by the house. It wasnt looking too happy. Maybe he has achy joints too? Any way at least we are having better weather than the Texas & Oklahoma panhandle.Their having record snow. Im ready for green up Im running low of hay. If I had not sold over half of my cattle I would already be out of hay. I culled all the old cows and just kept the best ones.
It's currently snowing cats, dogs, coyotes and blackbirds. Started around 2:00 as sleet. They're calling for 8-12 inches here tonight. I was gone all day, so I didn't see what kinds of clues the birds were giving as to what's coming. I'm just hoping to get back to the cabin this weekend and continue my hunt for the little owl. I almost had him in my sights Saturday night while he was calling, until some snowmobilers came by and scared him.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you are correct.
I will take a wild guess with some of the clues you've given. You have an eight year old. You claim to be "retired" (from the military or some other government job, I presume.) I come to this conclusion by your statement that you have been around the world and "keeping us safe." I would put your age somewhere between 41 and 46. Since you remember shows like Bonanza, I would tend to lean towards the higher number of 46. Maybe 45.
But I just may be a little older and wiser.:)
47 next month. I say you are 51 and not a day older..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

<quoted text>
It's currently snowing cats, dogs, coyotes and blackbirds. Started around 2:00 as sleet. They're calling for 8-12 inches here tonight. I was gone all day, so I didn't see what kinds of clues the birds were giving as to what's coming. I'm just hoping to get back to the cabin this weekend and continue my hunt for the little owl. I almost had him in my sights Saturday night while he was calling, until some snowmobilers came by and scared him.
I took the trash this afternoon and then did some things around the house because it was like a nice spring day and now all of a sudden the wind is blowing like hell and the temperature has dropped and something fierce is blowing in from the north. I hope it's rain.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>47 next month. I say you are 51 and not a day older..
I'd say I was purty darn close to your age! I should have been a detective.
You are correct again in that I am not older than 51.:)

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I took the trash this afternoon and then did some things around the house because it was like a nice spring day and now all of a sudden the wind is blowing like hell and the temperature has dropped and something fierce is blowing in from the north. I hope it's rain.
Our current weather is blowing in from the south....and it's totally cool! Bring on the snow! I ALWAYS welcome whatever Mother Nature has in store!(unless it's really dangerous like high winds or a tornado). I've been known to don my waterproof apparel and head to the nature center in pouring down rain simply to enjoy a nice, peaceful walk while the rest of the human race waits it out indoors.

Lately, I've spent the weekends sitting outside in the brutal cold with the hopes of capturing my Ruffed Grouse on digital media.(I'm so glad I don't have to say "film" anymore!) BTW, have you seen my grouse photos yet? I have been enjoying the snow and cold immensely this year. I don't look forward to the end of winter. I'm having too much fun. But I am getting a little excited about the tropical birds returning. Warblers will start arriving along the Gulf Coast in just a few weeks. The first Blackbirds will be here by next week. I just hope this summer isn't as hot and humid as last summer.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Our current weather is blowing in from the south....and it's totally cool! Bring on the snow! I ALWAYS welcome whatever Mother Nature has in store!(unless it's really dangerous like high winds or a tornado). I've been known to don my waterproof apparel and head to the nature center in pouring down rain simply to enjoy a nice, peaceful walk while the rest of the human race waits it out indoors.
Lately, I've spent the weekends sitting outside in the brutal cold with the hopes of capturing my Ruffed Grouse on digital media.(I'm so glad I don't have to say "film" anymore!) BTW, have you seen my grouse photos yet? I have been enjoying the snow and cold immensely this year. I don't look forward to the end of winter. I'm having too much fun. But I am getting a little excited about the tropical birds returning. Warblers will start arriving along the Gulf Coast in just a few weeks. The first Blackbirds will be here by next week. I just hope this summer isn't as hot and humid as last summer.
It's currently 41 and clear here. No wind yet. High today is supposed to be 51, looks like a good day to look for arrow heads. Or maybe hunt coyotes, NM yesterday shot down that silly bill that wouldn't allow coyote hunting contests anymore.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Where are those pictures of that grouse of yours?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Where are those pictures of that grouse of yours?
Check my website.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>It's currently 41 and clear here. No wind yet. High today is supposed to be 51, looks like a good day to look for arrow heads. Or maybe hunt coyotes, NM yesterday shot down that silly bill that wouldn't allow coyote hunting contests anymore.
If people don't eat coyotes, there's no reason to hunt them. Hunting shouldn't be a competition. It should be for sustainence.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Check my website.
What website?
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If people don't eat coyotes, there's no reason to hunt them. Hunting shouldn't be a competition. It should be for sustainence.
I kill coyotes because of the harm they do to the animals I do eat. A pack of coyotes can and do kill domestic livestock & wildlife. Ive either killed or driven coyotes from my area. I dont hear them or see their tracks. Good riddance.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Tell that to all the deer here who have been killed by coyotes. I suppose you are for the eating of house cats also then!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>What website?
LMAO

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I kill coyotes because of the harm they do to the animals I do eat. A pack of coyotes can and do kill domestic livestock & wildlife. Ive either killed or driven coyotes from my area. I dont hear them or see their tracks. Good riddance.
I have stated in the past that I support defending your animals from coyotes. I would defend my dogs in same manner. The only difference is I would not seek out coyotes to kill who aren't a threat and may never pose a threat.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to all the deer here who have been killed by coyotes. I suppose you are for the eating of house cats also then!
Why do you pretend to show sympathy for the deer who are killed by coyotes, but not to the deer that are killed by you?
Why would I want to eat someones house cat?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
I have stated in the past that I support defending your animals from coyotes. I would defend my dogs in same manner. The only difference is I would not seek out coyotes to kill who aren't a threat and may never pose a threat.
Coyotes are a threat to the deer and elk populations. Bring your grouse to my house and a coyote would kill it within 2 days. How would that make you feel?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

<quoted text>
Why do you pretend to show sympathy for the deer who are killed by coyotes, but not to the deer that are killed by you?
Why would I want to eat someones house cat?
Too many deer are being killed by coyotes. I only kill deer who have matured, who have at least one forked antler. My family and friends eat those mature deer. We are not killing baby deer. There are coyotes everywhere you turn down here, even in town. Why do you pretend that you are an outdoors person who is concerned with the enviornment and all the animals yet you don't mind if the deer go extinct?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

I bet if coyotes were wiping out birds you would be screaming bloody murder!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,501 - 8,520 of9,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Enola Discussions

Search the Enola Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr age limit 28,746
heather ware 5 hr who 1
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Crazy 934
abandoned dog Jul 11 Thatgirl2 2
Meth head (Jan '14) Jul 10 truDat 4
kyle ward Jul 5 Doesntmatter 5
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 who dat 232
•••
•••
•••
Enola Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Enola Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••