Potosi Hot Springs Resort
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
realmontana

United States

#25 Jan 29, 2012
PTrapp wrote:
I'm one of the "old" owners of Potosi, and yes, it passed to private ownership over a year ago. Very sad its been closed off completely. Three of my children have remained in the area and if you're visiting the Ennis area, be sure to stop by their businesses - they've all taken the culinary excellence of Potosi and run with it. Eric Trapp is the owner/chef of Continental Divide Restaurant in Ennis (new location on Hwy 287 near First Madison Valley Financial offices) and Sara Trapp is the owner of Cowboy Heaven Cafe/Espresso/Catering right on Main St in downtown Ennis.Jon Trapp is her partner and pastry chef - brings his experience as head pastry chef at Cristina's in Sun Valley. They'd love to swap stories with you about Potosi!
classic sellout, probably from cali or the east, bought it, developed it beyond the price of us real people, then sold it to another snob. Thanks, I know where in ennis to make sure I don't go.
Carlo V

Billings, MT

#26 Dec 18, 2012
Just seen a Real Estate Listing for POTOSI, reduced to $2,950,000.
Kelly of Helena

Hall, MT

#27 Feb 18, 2013
Real Montana, you are really unfair. Having grown up at a family-owned business where we lived on site, I can say that unless you've done that yourself, you have no place to make any comments. You are able to leave your house at will. Owners of resorts, inns, and motels cannot. It's a 24-7 job with no family vacations. They need to get a "babysitter" for their house. Often sellers have no idea what the people who are buying their property are going to do with it down the road. The conversation might never occur, or the buyers might not disclose their plans. Maybe they could not find a qualified local buyer. Maybe they decided their family life was more important than their business. You are being rude and unfair. If anything, be upset with the people who bought it, not the sellers. It's easy to throw stones when you've never shared your entire life with guests.
kgmtgirl

Great Falls, MT

#28 May 27, 2013
We discovered Potosi in the mid to late 1990s...what a phenomenal place...we went there many times, including a family reunion. The cousins still remember the great pool. The place has gone through ups and downs, but, the Tobacco Root mountains are still marvelous. The property is on the market (2013) not sure if it sold previously. For those looking for a similar experience, Red Lodge has some great accomodations
still here

United States

#29 Aug 4, 2013
Actually it IS still open. Candace is right. The prmitive is open! Hike to it all the time....
Summz wrote:
<quoted text>
Candace.. the 'primitive' pool is gone. the replacement is quite private, on private land. i dont recommend anyone Hiking in
sgrignoli

Billings, MT

#30 Feb 2, 2014
I m looking at buying the resort actually as it is up for sale. The pool and everything is still there. Born and raised in Pony MT, and housekeeping/groundskeeper for the last couple who ran it as resort) I feel I might have an edge on reviving it.(Possibly selling time shares for those of you who feel fond attachment to the place)

Mr. Trapp, I remember your family name from long ago when Sarah went to Harrison school. If you felt like offering any advise whatsoever please contact me!
patman

United States

#31 Apr 14, 2014
Go figure the really nice places that the local people would go and hang out and have fond memories of places gets hijacked for rich people who lock it up and make it there personal property as a summer home same thing happened to sleeping child Hot Springs down the bItteroot sucks for us locals who grew up here
Native from Montana

Bozeman, MT

#32 May 26, 2015
A couple from Colorado bought Potosi, worked it for a number of years and then sold it in 2007 to a private owner. Because the couple was from Colorado, they weren't invested in Potosi as a place that locals held near and dear to their hearts; instead they were invested in Potosi for the investment, period. They sold it to a private couple from Texas so they could have their own "private Montana." The husband of the couple just passed away, and the widow has the place up for sale for a hefty 2.95 million. I envision a corporation buying it and using for a retreat for their "suits." No more is Montana "The Last Best Place."
judithboice

Fairbanks, AK

#33 Jun 11, 2016
I fell in love with Potosi Hot Springs in 1997, when a family from Texas was running it (they had it open to the public and were the ones who built the four cabins). I dreamed of buying the place (as I imagine many people have) and knew friends of the couple who ran it from 2000 - 2007 (I was living in western Colorado at the time, where they were from). I just discovered it for sale on a website, with "sold" written across the listing. Does anyone know who bought it or what they plan to do with the property? My prayer is that it will be open to the public again.
judithboice

Fairbanks, AK

#34 Jun 11, 2016
Native from Montana wrote:
A couple from Colorado bought Potosi, worked it for a number of years and then sold it in 2007 to a private owner. Because the couple was from Colorado, they weren't invested in Potosi as a place that locals held near and dear to their hearts; instead they were invested in Potosi for the investment, period. They sold it to a private couple from Texas so they could have their own "private Montana." The husband of the couple just passed away, and the widow has the place up for sale for a hefty 2.95 million. I envision a corporation buying it and using for a retreat for their "suits." No more is Montana "The Last Best Place."
I just saw the listing with "sold" written across the top. Do you have any idea who bought it?
kwooten

United States

#35 Jun 12, 2016
judithboice wrote:
<quoted text>

I just saw the listing with "sold" written across the top. Do you have any idea who bought it?
I am the listing agent for Potosi Hot Springs and it's still for sale. Go to my website bhhsmt.com for more information or email me [email protected] for a brochure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ennis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taylor Wind set (Mar '11) Nov 10 laquesabe 72
On a Ranch near Ennis, Montana (Jul '11) Jul '14 Tim Shey 4
Review: Right Angles (Oct '13) Oct '13 Canadian Photogra... 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Montana (D... (Oct '10) Apr '13 Guydude 66
some where in mt. (Sep '11) Sep '11 southern boy 1
Election Who do you support for Public Service Commissio... (Oct '10) Nov '10 DONALDCREESE kila 8
News Early figures show elk harvest mixed (Dec '08) Mar '10 pjk 6

Ennis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ennis Mortgages