getting gas prices back where we amer...

getting gas prices back where we americans can afford it

Posted in the Englewood Forum

donald smith

Oneida, TN

#1 Jul 12, 2011
theres only one way to stop this is for the goverment to simply dont contract with any forein country we have it right here we can process it here let them sell to russia china oil companys take advantage of the public because the gov lets them why dont they take opec bp exon shell over just like they did the airports during 9 11 the gov felt like they could not run them right for safety reasons its the same thing the gas companys cant run there companys right because of greed and causes problems for every american i dont think its right to work and give it straight to the gas companys when we should put the money in our kidds stomach and on there back and be able to keep a home so americans right your congressman e mail your presidental staff be heard this gas bs got to stop asap we americans need to stand together
Camper

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jul 14, 2011
When I was a kid, America was flush with cash. Didn't blink an eye at building a national interstate system or putting a man on the moon. That was back when Americans bought American. If it were that way today, the least of our problems would be the cost of gas.

You want Americans to stand together and right their congressman. Since when has the government forced, America the stupid, to buy imports. You can't fix something if you don't know whats broke. The import buying, American consumer doesn't have a clue. For decades now, to many Americans have said they didn't want a strong economy, they wanted a Toyota. You can't feed or clothe your children by investing in Japan's future.

Write your congressman? How about you go home and look in the mirror.
concerned

Athens, TN

#3 Jul 14, 2011
Bullshit, we do not have the infrastructure in place to produce enough oil to feed all these stupid glutinous SUVs and dually trucks everyone drives to the corner store.

Sure we have plenty of oil, trapped in oil shale.
Nobody has of yet to figure out how to get the oil out of the shale without using too much energy.

What us Americans need to do to have cheap oil is to quit wasting fuel like morons, the oil sheiks will then have to drop the price.
fffffuuuuuuuu

Athens, TN

#4 Jul 14, 2011
Camper wrote:
When I was a kid, America was flush with cash. Didn't blink an eye at building a national interstate system or putting a man on the moon. That was back when Americans bought American. If it were that way today, the least of our problems would be the cost of gas.
You want Americans to stand together and right their congressman. Since when has the government forced, America the stupid, to buy imports. You can't fix something if you don't know whats broke. The import buying, American consumer doesn't have a clue. For decades now, to many Americans have said they didn't want a strong economy, they wanted a Toyota. You can't feed or clothe your children by investing in Japan's future.
Write your congressman? How about you go home and look in the mirror.
I would rather drive an American built Toyota than a Mexican built Ford.
Get your head out of your ass and get into the 21st century.
fffffuuuuuuuu

Athens, TN

#5 Jul 14, 2011
The GOP are owned by the oil companies.
Quit voting the oil companies into Washington and maybe we will see lower prices.
Camper

Knoxville, TN

#6 Jul 16, 2011
45% of Toyotas sold in the US are made in Japan. You didn't know that? The rest work out to about 25%. But, 100% of the profits invest in Japan's future.

Only in America do people brag about imports. That's why the economy sucks and will get much, much worse. I was alive before most imports and the average American was living large. The only people without a good paying job with full benefits were bad alcoholics and retards.

Because I lived in a rich America, I laugh at ya'll pickin shit with the chickens today. When I got out of the Corps in 76', I had a good paying factory job in 3 days. Todays vets are lucky to get a minimum wage job. Good luck, you Toyota driving, Walmart shopping, UT flag flying MFers.
fffffuuuuuuuu

Athens, TN

#7 Jul 18, 2011
Camper wrote:
45% of Toyotas sold in the US are made in Japan. You didn't know that? The rest work out to about 25%. But, 100% of the profits invest in Japan's future.
Only in America do people brag about imports. That's why the economy sucks and will get much, much worse. I was alive before most imports and the average American was living large. The only people without a good paying job with full benefits were bad alcoholics and retards.
Because I lived in a rich America, I laugh at ya'll pickin shit with the chickens today. When I got out of the Corps in 76', I had a good paying factory job in 3 days. Todays vets are lucky to get a minimum wage job. Good luck, you Toyota driving, Walmart shopping, UT flag flying MFers.
80% of Ford's are made in Mexico and Canada.

Do you really think that all of that money comes back into the American economy?

Hell, Chrysler is not even an American company anymore and GM is just a big sucking hole that ate taxpayer money.

It is the tax cuts on the rich who are connected to corporations that build overseas that are the problem.
NAFTA did a small amount of damage but it is faaar from what destroyed the entire manufacturing industry in the USA.
Out of control unions did not help one bit either.

Hell, the last time I bought something made in the USA it was lower quality and cost more than the Chinese item next to it.

America has become a nation of consumers instead of builders.

America has become a nation of consumers instead of builders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Englewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any current / former Carlex workers 7 hr Loudon Bound 1
Amber Jacobs 11 hr Lame 14
Sarah Byrge 16 hr Fan 1
Played with your p***y in front of the niota li... Wed WereWolfen eleven 2
Info on a Madidonville man Seth Pitman. (Jul '16) Feb 21 Robert markwell 3
Maranda shaw ??? I want to meet her Feb 19 Marandafan 1
Charity markwell Feb 18 Tasty treat 1

Englewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance