Englewood police (don't look at them )

Posted in the Englewood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cal66iber

Hickory Corners, MI

#1 Jan 26, 2011
stopped in at the BP and notice a Englewood police officer starring at me like I had two head and six eyes .I gave him a glance and went on about my business got my smokes and went to pick up my friends daughter at the school . while parked there waiting I found myself surrounded by three cops . The one from the BP had followed me over to the school and said " I ran your tag and it came back expired " I told him the sticker is on it and asked why he ran my tag , he would not answer my question and just repeated it was expired then I showed my registration ,license and proof of insurance then had to answer a barrage of personal questions. I broke NO laws gave NO reason to even be suspected of breaking the law and yet he ran my tags not only did he run my tag had the nerve to say they came back expired , I went to my home county (NC)and had my tag ran by my local sheriff dept and the DMV , my tag has never been expired nor has it ever been listed as expired . Looks like you have a Cop here that thinks and acts hes above the law (you know who you are ). great city and people ,cops not so much ,one in particular . never heard of needing back up for a simple traffic stop or tag violation , Whats up with that ????? maybe some of you nice locals folks can tell me

Mobile, AL

#2 Jan 26, 2011
Bored redneck cops and an overall National phenomenon of overbearing law enforcement.

Nothing new really.

I know several people who have been harassed in similar ways in East TN and other regions of America.
local

United States

#3 Jan 26, 2011
I bet he was young and dark headed? Yea he got me for speeding which he could not prove I was doing then searched my car claiming to smell drugs which came up to be a air freshener. He's a hot headed jerk who thinks bcuz he wears a badge he can do what he wants well the sad thing is anyone can get a badge around here. Sorry u had a bad experience in this town but he just keeps getting away with it so my advice is if u ever come back stay away from Englewood its tiny and they have nothing better to do
cal66iber

Hickory Corners, MI

#4 Jan 27, 2011
local wrote:
I bet he was young and dark headed? Yea he got me for speeding which he could not prove I was doing then searched my car claiming to smell drugs which came up to be a air freshener. He's a hot headed jerk who thinks bcuz he wears a badge he can do what he wants well the sad thing is anyone can get a badge around here. Sorry u had a bad experience in this town but he just keeps getting away with it so my advice is if u ever come back stay away from Englewood its tiny and they have nothing better to do
the young guy was one of the back up standing at the passenger window looking in like a kid at a candy store. at one time I thought he was gonna come in . the other was a young blond woman who seemed the most professional , the one who followed me from the BP was a middle aged stocky man with an angry look on his face and seemed to be the boss over the young ones ,. I dont mind them doing their job but my point is I was at the BP for several minutes and would have been glad to answer and talk to the police about any concerns they may have had like normal people do without the humiliation,embarrassment and intimidation. I felt like I was profiled unjustly and I know the tag story was bogus .I now have the proof from the DMV in writing and I am considering filing a complaint .for those who want to know ,I have been in englewood a lot lately helping a friend who has had two major surgery in the last three months who has lost the ability to drive . I have noticed at least three vehicle searches going on in town over the last few months . Dont think I will be moving here . I now see another police thread on here .no wonder people fear the police and this town is dying . the war on drugs and terror has turned us all into suspect criminals and the police dont mind violating civil rights and use them (drugs terror)as their excuse to justify an illegal stops and searches . they fail to realize that they become the criminals when they do this. police should have a higher standard . presumed innocents is a thing of the past .and yes its happening every where . we just went through this in my home county too , a rouge sheriff who thought he was above the law and could trample over peoples rights . hes gone now !

Mobile, AL

#5 Jan 27, 2011
Englewood's neighbor, Benton is under Federal investigation for the police being racists and thieves.

If I were Englewood I would be wary of getting sued out of existence.
Concerned Citizen

Athens, TN

#6 Jan 27, 2011
Since the 4 lane opened in Englewood it has become a Super Speed Trap. I listen to Police Radio a lot during the day and hear Barnie stop several vehicles a day for something, They love the big trucks.

The town is ran by Corrupt folks and has been for a very long time, I often wonder why the citizens of Englewood put up with Bob Cass.
cal66iber

Hickory Corners, MI

#7 Jan 28, 2011
Guest wrote:
Englewood's neighbor, Benton is under Federal investigation for the police being racists and thieves.
If I were Englewood I would be wary of getting sued out of existence.
two of the three searches I witnessed the guys were black the other had long hair lol I am sure I was profiled by the paint job on my vehicle because it didn't fit the "norm" .the sad fact is that there is a "brotherhood " that exists in law enforcement and they will protect each other regardless of the law . I had to fight and go see my friend who is a judge to get my own sheriff to run my own tag and see if there was a problem with it . The cops can run my tag but I can't ! wants wrong with that picture? they said "did you get a ticket?" that's not the point ! the point is I didn't deserved to be stopped in the first place and was lied to for why I was stopped .
cal66iber

Hickory Corners, MI

#8 Jan 28, 2011
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Since the 4 lane opened in Englewood it has become a Super Speed Trap. I listen to Police Radio a lot during the day and hear Barnie stop several vehicles a day for something, They love the big trucks.
The town is ran by Corrupt folks and has been for a very long time, I often wonder why the citizens of Englewood put up with Bob Cass.
I got to get me one of those scanners LOL I did get a small video cam and now keep it in my vehicle I am now worried I will be stopped every time I go through town because of my postings here .I am sure they are reading it and know who I am , I hope they don't go so far as to make up some charge and arrest me for spilling the beans , if they will lie about my tag then anything is possible

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 22, 2011
http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/02/17/DWB....

it can and will happen here to , cops better wake up!
THANK YOU

Panama City, FL

#10 Mar 18, 2011
Thank You Englewood P.D

Sounds to me like someone has a proublem with police. First of all The Officer ran the tag it came back bad, thats not his falt. The tag was from out of state, going to a scool to pick up a child. Does anyone see something wrong with this picture.If the child had been taken killed or raped, then it would have been the officer;s fault.Look we dont live in Kansas anymore TOETO. My question to the man that got his feelings hurt is. Did you have it cleared with the school to pick this child up? Too me thats not, much trouble to go through to protect our kids. Now I know what you are going to say, well that im a police officer or a expolice officer.NO I just want to say thanks for watching out for our kids.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 18, 2011
THANK YOU wrote:
Thank You Englewood P.D
Sounds to me like someone has a proublem with police. First of all The Officer ran the tag it came back bad, thats not his falt. The tag was from out of state, going to a scool to pick up a child. Does anyone see something wrong with this picture.If the child had been taken killed or raped, then it would have been the officer;s fault.Look we dont live in Kansas anymore TOETO. My question to the man that got his feelings hurt is. Did you have it cleared with the school to pick this child up? Too me thats not, much trouble to go through to protect our kids. Now I know what you are going to say, well that im a police officer or a expolice officer.NO I just want to say thanks for watching out for our kids.
of course this is all you can say , of course my name is on the pick up list at the school , of course my tag was ran at the BP 15 mins before I got to the school and I was followed there where they see me every morning dropping the child off for school for the last 4 months like I plainly said .I had my out of state tag ran by TSP and it came back good , Of course the Englewood cops lie, they were not "protecting kids" they were looking for a drug bust anyway they could get it legal or not.They lied about my tag Plain and simple and none of your excuses will change the fact
Little Bill

Athens, TN

#12 Mar 18, 2011
If this was a one time thing you have no complaint you jackwagon! However if the cops read topix i do see a few tickets coming your way. Not just in Englewood.Ever hear of the long arm of the law? What idiot goes into a public forum and complains? It ain't like you can hide behind a screen name since they already know who you are. Real man of genius!! Maybe you can do a Bud commercial!
4344343434343eer rerr

Mobile, AL

#13 Mar 18, 2011
If you speed through Englewood in a big tinted windows SUV with out of area tags then most indeed you are going to be stopped.
VerySuspicious

Texarkana, TX

#14 Mar 21, 2011
HMMMM, lets see.

Male, out of state tag. Dropping of female child at school in AM. for 4 Months. Pedophiles have been caught by good police work before.

Male, obsessed with Police searching cars and conducting Drug Busts. Were you worried that the cop at your passenger windows would see you stash?

Sounds like somebody is just a little too paranoid to be innocent.
VerySuspicious

Texarkana, TX

#15 Mar 21, 2011
cal66iber wrote:
stopped in at the BP and notice a Englewood police officer starring at me like I had two head and six eyes .I gave him a glance and went on about my business got my smokes and went to pick up my friends daughter at the school . while parked there waiting I found myself surrounded by three cops . The one from the BP had followed me over to the school and said " I ran your tag and it came back expired " I told him the sticker is on it and asked why he ran my tag , he would not answer my question and just repeated it was expired then I showed my registration ,license and proof of insurance then had to answer a barrage of personal questions. I broke NO laws gave NO reason to even be suspected of breaking the law and yet he ran my tags not only did he run my tag had the nerve to say they came back expired , I went to my home county (NC)and had my tag ran by my local sheriff dept and the DMV , my tag has never been expired nor has it ever been listed as expired . Looks like you have a Cop here that thinks and acts hes above the law (you know who you are ). great city and people ,cops not so much ,one in particular . never heard of needing back up for a simple traffic stop or tag violation , Whats up with that ????? maybe some of you nice locals folks can tell me
HMMMM, lets see.

Male, out of state tag. Dropping of female child at school in AM. for 4 Months. Pedophiles have been caught by good police work before.

Male, obsessed with Police searching cars and conducting Drug Busts. Were you worried that the cop at your passenger windows would see you stash?

Englewood Parent

United States

#16 Mar 21, 2011
The police in Englewood have been a little strange lately. They don't even direct traffic at the school anymore, and God knows how big a mess that place is at 2:55 in the afternoon. Yet 2 of them are sittin at the BP drinkin coffee when all it would take is 15 minutes of their time. Then I leave the school with my kids and get followed at least three times a week. Yes, I drive a large truck with a built motor in it with a large cam. Just because it sounds fast don't mean it is. Then I see them working on their Lincoln Navigator, installing what looks to be about $2000 worth of low profile hide away strobes. Who is this vehicle for? The Chief? If anybody needs it the K-9 does.
ffffffddddd6666

Mobile, AL

#17 Mar 21, 2011
Englewood needs to be dis-incorporated, the place is too small and backwards to be a township.

The police don't bother to do anything anymore, they just sit and drink coffee and wait for black people from out of area to come down 411.
Head Buster

Cleveland, TN

#18 Apr 7, 2011
Hahaha All this bashing about Englewood Police is so true the town, it's officials and its want to be officers are such a joke!! And to the "THANK YOU" comment thats sounds like somethin Darrell Wright would say to cover for his lazy self!!

Location hidden

#19 Apr 15, 2011
VerySuspicious wrote:
<quoted text>
HMMMM, lets see.
bring it on , I am ready with my cam . they better hope they find something or face a lawsuit ,I will not give up my rights for you or any other police no matter what you think ,being male or from out of state proves nothing you nazi ,your are the suspicious one thinking so ,dumb ass .gee he is male and from out of state he must be a criminal. brilliant !typical cop mentallity

Location hidden

#20 Apr 15, 2011
Color of law refers to an appearance of legal power to act but which may operate in violation of law. For example, though a police officer acts with the "color of law" authority to arrest someone, if such an arrest is made without probable cause the arrest may actually be in violation of law. In other words, just because something is done with the "color of law", that does not mean that the action was lawful. When police act outside their lawful authority and violate the civil rights of a citizen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Englewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lisa davis (Apr '12) 11 hr Small-town boy 27
Athens , trailer trash paradise. Sat Trappedinhell 1
Reelect Tommy Joe Sheriff (Sep '15) Sat Allaboutthetruth 15
❤ Etowah (Aug '16) Fri Questions 6
Easy (Jan '15) Nov 16 jnm 18
Robert " robie" Moses (Jun '16) Nov 15 The ex wife 12
Mysterious person Nov 14 Justcurious_conce... 1

Englewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance