Since: Sep 11

Dayton, OH

#1 Oct 12, 2011
How many of you know that there are 10 existing Northmont levies you are paying for in your property taxes? How many of you know that for a $100,000 home, your annual total "contribution" to the schools will be nearly $1500.00? How many of you know that, per the School strategic plan, enrollment will be down in the High School ~280 students by the time the buildings are built - yet they claim overcrowding? How many of you know that the district is down nearly $1.4M because of devaluation of our home values and changes in the state allotment? With or without a new building, doesnt this signal yet another levy next year?

Schools are important, but is there no limit to what we must pay? Why is the only solution sought one that involves a new building?

Since: Sep 11

Dayton, OH

#2 Oct 21, 2011
I urge all Englewood residents to go to: www.noschoollevynow.com

and find out some additional information on the levy. This has nothing to do with education and is a terrible deal for already strapped tax payers.
Library Lover

South Charleston, OH

#3 Nov 10, 2011
Like it's groovy, each new fee, levy and tax increase only cost me and you a few pizzas and pops and meals and movies; no need to pout or shout, just a few more things that we can do without, okay being robbed by government dependents with or without genius jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Englewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phillipsburg Music Thread (Sep '14) Feb 3 Musikologist 8
I wonder what a man thinks when he finds out da... Jan 29 Wifebucketzoigtum... 2
Woman faked cancer stealing child's cancer pict... (Mar '14) Jan 26 Curious 6
girl from vandailia moves to ky just to (Aug '17) Jan '18 fogsweptglade 2
need help badly Jan '18 Please Help 1
Sara swallows (Apr '10) Jan '18 Chris 12
Jarrod Burton Dec '17 Curious wants to ... 1

Englewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Englewood Mortgages