US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Yahoo!

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of2,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention sense less!!! Problem? Leave it to a self-serving deranged gun hating libelous turd like you to drag around the corpses of innocent little kids before their bodies reached room temperature. If you had any respect for the deceased you'd wait until they had a decent burial...now GFY.
I wonder if the NRA and all its members will send condolences to the families of the dead children.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

It's a fact that NO ONE stopped the shooting rampage in gun-loving Arizona that resulted in the grave injury of Congresswoman Giffords and the murder of many others, children, adults, Democrats and Republicans.

The idea that so many by-standers probably had guns was NO DETERRENT or HELP AT ALL.

“I dont got no stinkin socks”

Since: Sep 11

RIP { Residing In Parietal }

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad! 22 children injured and one adult yet NONE were killed. Compare with Connecticut 28 killed (20 children ages 5-10).
Its all sad. But some one with a twisted mind and the desire, can pull off a 911 attack on an entire city with a razor knife and kill thousands with an airplane if there is no armed guard or citizens on the plane .

Tragically this school had no defense but a buzzer lock on the door. NO armed guard protecting these kids..

I would put money in to making every school in the country armed and equipped with cameras long before giving union teachers more money..Security is much more important.

And you cant stop a bullet with a buzzer lock..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
It's a fact that NO ONE stopped the shooting rampage in gun-loving Arizona that resulted in the grave injury of Congresswoman Giffords and the murder of many others, children, adults, Democrats and Republicans.
The idea that so many by-standers probably had guns was NO DETERRENT or HELP AT ALL.
LOL..So do you think everyone in Arizona carries weapons ?

Didn't some guy stop a robbery and possible murder at an Auto Zone out east ? With his legal weapon ?

Tit for tat.

America didn't become free by "negotiating" with the people whom had weapons and were shooting at us..How far back do you want to go.

My friends kids went to columbine and some were there..Even she says if she only had a gun she would have defended her friends..She now carries a gun...
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>Its all sad. But some one with a twisted mind and the desire, can pull off a 911 attack on an entire city with a razor knife and kill thousands with an airplane if there is no armed guard or citizens on the plane .
Tragically this school had no defense but a buzzer lock on the door. NO armed guard protecting these kids..
I would put money in to making every school in the country armed and equipped with cameras long before giving union teachers more money..Security is much more important.
What nonsense, the mother of the killer worked at the school and took her legally-owned guns to the school. How much harder would have been for him to take her id card to unlock the buzzer too?
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>LOL..So do you think everyone in Arizona carries weapons ?
Didn't some guy stop a robbery and possible murder at an Auto Zone out east ? With his legal weapon ?
Tit for tat.
America didn't become free by "negotiating" with the people whom had weapons and were shooting at us..How far back do you want to go.
My friends kids went to columbine and some were there..Even she says if she only had a gun she would have defended her friends..She now carries a gun...
Just like the mother in Connecticut who's son killed her with her legally-owned gun ALONG WITH 27 others, including 20 children ages 5-10.

The point is that unrestricted gun-ownership is NOT a DETERRENT to GUN CRIME, as ALEC would like to have us believe.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>Its all sad. But some one with a twisted mind and the desire, can pull off a 911 attack on an entire city with a razor knife and kill thousands with an airplane if there is no armed guard or citizens on the plane .
You don't think the son of an employee at the school would know how to get around and armed guard where his mom works?
Rebel Against Tyranny

Portage, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Guns are a tool like any other. You anti-gun nutters all seem to have computers. You have a weapon more deadly than any personal firearm ever made.

Someone can use the computer to hack into a chemical plant, oil refinery, or similar facility near a school or mall and cause a massive explosion or lethal chemical release that would kill everyone in the entire school and mall simultaneously, along with most of the town.

Someone could use a computer to hack into and crash the stock market and cause widespread poverty and starvation.

Someone could use a computer to upload a video that causes a bunch of religious zealots to go on killing sprees.

Hmmph. I'd say guns...even thousands of fully-automatic assault rifles in civilian hands...are far less capable of mass killings than computers.

So...when are you anti-gun nutters planning on turning your "killer" computers in to the government, since you obviously have been "clinging to your atheism and your weapons of mass destruction" up until now?
LRS

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem in Connecticut is that the Republicans went for the guns and killed 26 people (20 children ages 5-10).
Purely asinine.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Portage, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Guns aren't the problem.

The problem is the decline in a general and common sense of right and wrong and moral behavior in US society, fostered by ~80 years of false Liberal/Progressive "moral equivalency" which the population has been indoctrinated with from grade-school up that teaches/encourages sociopathic thinking such as this shooter's and others like him that lead to such tragedies

It's always the unintended consequences of Liberal/Progressive laws, regulations, beliefs, actions, and policies that Liberal/Progressives wish to avoid having the light shown upon.

Sorta like cockroaches that way, and for many of the same reasons.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
What nonsense, the mother of the killer worked at the school and took her legally-owned guns to the school. How much harder would have been for him to take her id card to unlock the buzzer too?
Where did you hear the mother took her guns to school ? And explain what your point is with that comment ? The guns never hurt anyone until someone crazy got them..The guns didnt go to the school by themselves.Its the crazy not the guns..The point is there needs to be an armed guard.He didnt need her card.He had a gun and no guard..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think the son of an employee at the school would know how to get around and armed guard where his mom works?
Dont know,,Dont know if he went to the school or if he had ever been in it..But if there was a guard and he knew it....then he might not have even tried..Not if their was proper security on the other doors and a guard at the main one.
Truman

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
The gun control people will never be right, because there will always be a kook element in every tragedy. If you don't control the crazies you cannot control their behavior. Normal gun owners, the ones the 2nd amendment was written for, do not go around killing people for nothing. These crazy killers will kill, whether they have guns or not. That is the thing Democrats never want to think about. Killers kill, and the victim is just as dead whether they are shot, or strangled with panty hose, or poisoned. They will just kill one at a time instead of groups.
The power hungry could care less about the victims. They want your guns so you cannot protect yourself.
Like other Right Wing Power Structures the NRA derives its power from inciting and exploiting the paranoia and stupidity of Lops like the poster above.
They arent going to give that power up over 20 dead elementary students or 2000 dead elementary students.
Thye truly couldnt care less anymore then the Gun Festishists could care less.
Death to the NRA.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like the mother in Connecticut who's son killed her with her legally-owned gun ALONG WITH 27 others, including 20 children ages 5-10.
The point is that unrestricted gun-ownership is NOT a DETERRENT to GUN CRIME, as ALEC would like to have us believe.
Actually there is no such thing as "Un restricted gun ownership"..There are tons of regulations... we still dont know if the guns were legal or not.And if hers were used..I dont know if you can purchase firearms in CT under the age of 21..Or own them under 21..Some states its 18...That is still a question I have ,,who owned the guns and where did he get them ?

Like Ive said...There should be a test for competency before allowing gun ownership [and as well to have kids in the first place]..When you want to hunt you have to take a hunters safety course..You cannot get a hunting license of any kind until you pass the hunters safety class..It is designed to weed out those whom should not have guns in public..So Keep it mind that hunters have all actually been required to pass a test..And no I dont hunt but I did take the course for my own information.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Rebel Against Tyranny wrote:
Guns aren't the problem.
The problem is the decline in a general and common sense of right and wrong and moral behavior in US society, fostered by ~80 years of false Liberal/Progressive "moral equivalency" which the population has been indoctrinated with from grade-school up that teaches/encourages sociopathic thinking such as this shooter's and others like him that lead to such tragedies
It's always the unintended consequences of Liberal/Progressive laws, regulations, beliefs, actions, and policies that Liberal/Progressives wish to avoid having the light shown upon.
Sorta like cockroaches that way, and for many of the same reasons.
Absolutely..I stand by my "Parent test" theories.Millions of people should NOT be having offspring only to grow up like them.
Rebel Against Tyranny

Portage, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

If properly trained teachers could carry this would not be the tragedy it is. There may still have been a few deaths, but not the mass killing that happened because all anyone could do was cower in a corner.

Why do you think that nutcases target schools, movie theaters, etc? Because they know that it's almost certain that nobody will be armed. "Gun-free zones" are free-fire zones full of easy targets for any nutcase that goes off his meds.

When danger is close and seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Truman wrote:
<quoted text>
Like other Right Wing Power Structures the NRA derives its power from inciting and exploiting the paranoia and stupidity of Lops like the poster above.
They arent going to give that power up over 20 dead elementary students or 2000 dead elementary students.
Thye truly couldnt care less anymore then the Gun Festishists could care less.
Death to the NRA.
The NRA had nothing to do with this and it just shows how blind to reality you are for blaming anyone but the kid with the gun..Any NRA member would have shot the sh!t out of this punk with the gun and stopped him..Its gun control that made it impossible for more people to be armed to stop him..Lots of those parents would have preferred a teacher be armed and defending their children Ill bet..
Rebel Against Tyranny

Portage, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>The NRA had nothing to do with this and it just shows how blind to reality you are for blaming anyone but the kid with the gun..Any NRA member would have shot the sh!t out of this punk with the gun and stopped him..Its gun control that made it impossible for more people to be armed to stop him..Lots of those parents would have preferred a teacher be armed and defending their children Ill bet..
Bingo! If I was one of those parents, I'd be ripping down some doors demanding to know who was responsible for intentionally making my child and his entire school nothing but defenseless victims!
Rebel Against Tyranny

Portage, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Here's an idea!

Let's boot out all the teacher's unions and use the money saved to secure the schools, hire armed guards, and start a program for volunteer teachers to receive training and carry a concealed pistol, as well as start firearms safety training classes for students.

Win-win!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Rebel Against Tyranny wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo! If I was one of those parents, I'd be ripping down some doors demanding to know who was responsible for intentionally making my child and his entire school nothing but defenseless victims!
And in reality, Crazy is a hard thing to detect. Crazy hides itself pretty well.
Right now we have some nutcase planting pipe bombs under bridges out in the Ft Collins area..Thats between two college towns.

Thats Crazy and walks the streets everyday..Ive seen a lot of Crazy in my day and personally know people that should never own guns and Im glad they know it..and Im glad they dont...

But Im not in charge. Schools would be fortresses in my world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of2,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Englewood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Englewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••