friendly neighbor

United States

#1 Aug 15, 2010
As a thompsonville resident I can tell you first hand the crime isn't getting any better. The enfield cops run around here acting like bullies ...even towards the law abiding tax paying residents. Its a shame. Most residents feel so much resentment they don't bother calling the cops anymore; regardless of the emergency. It seems as if all faith in the justice system is lost. They are not doing there jobs, they are not protecting OR serving our community aside from their traffic duty where they sit there and get paid for twiddling their thumbs. Something needs to change. Not only are they giving themselves a bad name but they are seemingly turning the community against them. There is no respect anymore only fear, because the harsh reality is you are guilty until proven innocent, and they could care less either way as long as they get paid. I see it with my own eyes. SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE
azariah

Cullowhee, NC

#2 Aug 18, 2010
Things aren't always as they appear. These, so called, bullies and thumb twiddlers are the line of defense and security for the public. No, they can't always be there when the danger takes place, but they often are and most often defuse and arrest the situation for your and my benefit. A cop may have days of smooth sailing, so to speak, but they are days of confrontation where they have to make quick decisions with aggressive emphasis. Mistakes will be made now and then, they are only human just like you and I. Murphey's law falls on us all, even when we have the best of intentions and take the best of precautions. A cop's life is like a roll of the dice each day one goes on tour. What may have started out as a peaceful day may be the day that turns out to be his/her last. And why? Because they answered the call to serve and protect you and I at all costs, and that means even if it means that aren't going home anymore. Not to the one on this earth anyhow. Get them some credit.
Enfield Tax Payer

Enfield, CT

#3 Aug 19, 2010
I also feel the same way about Enfield Ploce Department. I called them a few years ago about a home on my street that they were selling drugs out of, and EPD did 100% NOTHING about it.
iryna9A

Chicago, IL

#4 Dec 7, 2010
Their corrupt like shyt
jerry

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 21, 2010
You dont have to torture any body with 100,000 volts like burge, now you just screw with their lawyers, evidence and witnesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-gambling coalition opposes Bridgeport's MG... Dec 10 America Gentleman... 5
Enfield republicans calli ng to harass? Nov '17 james 1
Free Health Fair, Enfield ct Oct '17 Ccwwww 1
Cindy deli Oct '17 Manny 1
Joe Schweitzer hit by car (Dec '08) Sep '17 Crystal 18
News Trump card: could the president help bring a ca... Sep '17 America Gentleman... 6
A big thank you Sep '17 Mary Ann D 1

Enfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Enfield Mortgages