Connecticut News - State, National an...

Connecticut News - State, National and Local News from The Hart...

There are 13 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 5, 2007, titled Connecticut News - State, National and Local News from The Hart.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Despite the pleas of his defense attorney, a judge ordered an off-duty police officer to surrender his guns Monday after being arrested regarding a domestic dispute with his girlfriend and another officer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Anonomyous

Hartford, CT

#1 Mar 6, 2007
Go Enfield. Drugs, violence, now even from the police force. Wait that has been that way for a while hasn't it?
Resident and friend

Mapleville, RI

#2 Mar 6, 2007
Bryan Nolan has dedicated his life to become a police officer. He has always been an honest and loyal person. It is unfortunate that he could lose his job for a night that anyone of us could have. Enfield will be losing a one of its finest officers if he loses his position.
Bob Speed

Portland, CT

#3 Mar 6, 2007
Why don't you post your name? Chicken!
Anonomyous

Hartford, CT

#4 Mar 8, 2007
You want me to believe Bob speed is really yours? Who's the chicken?
neighbor

Enfield, CT

#5 Mar 8, 2007
Alban Rd. was quiet for so many years. Now a young immature police officer moves in. Mr. Worden you moved into a home of a special couple that embraced the neighborhood kids. They set great examples for them. I believe you should lose your position on the force. How can you now be someone Enfield kids can look up to. And if our kids see someone drinking and attempting to drive, should they follow your example? Is it ok to have someone in your home have "too much to drink" or do you have responsible drinking parties?? How do you handle pulling over people who are under the influence if this is how you handled your girlfriend? I for one do not feel safe with you having a gun and living on my street. If you stay in your position, I hope you rethink the examples you are setting.
a different neighbor

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Mar 9, 2007
As a neighbor, Mr. Worden, I feel as though the neighborhood is SAFER and in good hands now that you live here. I think living near a cop is only a benefit and should lower my homeowners insurance rates. How do some people feel that cops shouldn't have these things called Constitutional Rights, Due Process and a "presumption of innocence". That itself is disheartening. It's unfortunate that some people like to become so opinionated about situations they know nothing about. I for one would never even fathom making a comment about "believing you should lose your position on the force" if I knew absolutely nothing about what had really occurred. Gee, wouldnt that be something if I had commented prematurely and these ALLEGATIONS weren't all that true. Wouldnt i feel great about myself! But, after all the negative comments and premature judgements have been made, you are willing to ignore their ignorance, and insensativity and assist them in any way, shape or form they need. Even if you didnt want to, you would be expected to, required to, ordered to and chastised if you did not. Welcome to the neighborhood, and thank you for doing what you do.
enfield taxpayer

Enfield, CT

#7 Mar 11, 2007
As a long-time resident and taxpayer in the town of Enfield I am deeply concerned over the recent actions of Officer Worden. If this is indeed the way that he handles a situation with his girlfriend-throwing her over the hood of a car and holding her by the neck- then I also believe that he should lose his position on the force. There are certainly other ways to detain someone. Do I want someone with a badge AND a gun to handle someone that I care about in the same manner? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! 3 years on the force and showing signs of violent behavior such as this is a disgrace to our town. Having daughters of my own, I am deeply concerned. Move on to some other town and disgrace them! Having you as one of Enfield's "finest" is too much of a chance for me to take.
a close neighbor

AOL

#8 Mar 12, 2007
This family knows Officer Worden personally, and we are happy to have him as a neighbor. When we see him, we are always greeted with a smile or a handshake.
To correct one terribly misinformed neighbor, the home in which Officer Worden now resides was party-central prior to his residing there. Since his arrival, their has been no loud music or raucous partying. He has conducted himself in a manner consistent with that of an officer of the law, and has exhibited maturity that one would expect from somebody many years his senior.
Officer Worden is a solid citizen, a good neighbor and a friend. Our neighborhood is safer due to his presence. We need every good cop we have, and Officer Worden is an honest and hardworking individual. We have great respect for him and we hope he retains his well-earned position as one of Enfield's Finest.
Enfield, CT
Vermont

Worcester, VT

#9 Mar 12, 2007
What happend to Matt rights? Socitey dems we must punish Matt for doing the right thing and STOPPING a Drunk Driver from getting in the car.
Vermont

Worcester, VT

#10 Mar 12, 2007
Anonomyous wrote:
Go Enfield. Drugs, violence, now even from the police force. Wait that has been that way for a while hasn't it?
people have nothing better to do then make comments about the police force who protects you and your community.
Cuckoo

Chicopee, MA

#11 Mar 26, 2007
If one of those stop signs should happen to fall, 99 stop signs on the streets overall!!!!
Mistreated citizen

Enfield, CT

#12 Sep 27, 2012
I was pulled over by Officer Worden. Although I had not consumed any alcohol, he charged me with DUI. Worden asked me if I had any injuries and I told him I just recently had ankle surgery. He made me perform four balance tests, all of which involved me standing solely on my weakened foot. When my attorney requested the videos of these tests, they had been destroyed by Officer Worden. I was found guilty of driving under the influence, without having a drop of alcohol. For those of you defending "Officer" Matt Worden, if him beating the crap out of his own girlfriend isn't enough for you, then please open your eyes to how he continues to treat your fellow citizens.
to a different neighbor

Enfield, CT

#13 Dec 31, 2013
officer matthew worden is the most unstable corrupt officer on the enfield police force. he beat a friend of mine senseless in front of three witnesses with his baton for "calling the officer a n word " when the guy was innocently walking past the cruiser rapping a mainstream rap song with the word in it. and that is only one firsthand account of police brutality at its finest. is this the type of man you want "protecting" your loved ones? i wholeheartedly believe this man is a bully and should be stripped of his badge, any and all weapons and should be forced to attend a program that deals with anger issues because mark my words this man will eventually wrongfully injure or kill someone and then it will be far too late
sincerely
a concerned soldier

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Enfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tobacco Field Camp (May '12) Jan 6 Grace 12
News Manchester Town Worker Disciplined, Accused Of ... Jan 6 Zero Tolerance 1
News Windsor Locks Man Pleads Guilty In Underage Sex... (Apr '08) Jan 1 Forthright 33
Lost dog Dec '16 Trout 2
ISO Knee Scooter (Jun '16) Dec '16 icecreambike 2
Hells Angels in Enfield (Dec '10) Nov '16 Wideglide 8
Richard(Rick) Gauvreau (May '11) Nov '16 Rwg 4

Enfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Enfield Mortgages