Tow truck driver arrested in Baldwin Park

May 25, 2012 Full story: San Gabriel Valley Tribune 31

Baldwin Park police arrested a tow truck driver due to outstanding traffic warrants and improper registration Wednesday after responding to a complaint from a driver whose vehicle was towed, authorities said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Funny Thing

Aliso Viejo, CA

#1 May 26, 2012
The reason these cars are being towed is they are parking there illegally. The property is private parking for the stores there it is not for the lady who owns the restaurant across the street patrons. The owner of the restaurant is friends with Garcia and Lozano and thinks she can do as she pleases.
This lady is the same lady who was next to royal coaches and was selling stolen merchandise from impounded cars on the weekends.
If you notice the police did not arrest the driver for illegally towing cars that didn't belong there. The residents and restaurant owner needs to understand that is a private parking lot.
The lady knew when she moved there was no parking and now wants to use someones elses parking lot
BPPD

Alameda, CA

#2 May 26, 2012
Another example of selective enforcement by the BPPD. Will bet everything I own that MotorCop Espanto was involved in this arrest.
Car Parker

West Covina, CA

#3 May 26, 2012
Tow Truck Driver Arrested, Residents Accused Him of Impounding Cars in Shopping Center

Police found that there was an outstanding warrant for his arrest and that the tow truck was not properly licensed.

May 24, 2012

The driver of a tow truck, accused by many Baldwin Park residents for impounding vehicles arbitrarily inside a shopping mall, was arrested by officers of the Baldwin Park Police.

Marco Antonio Gonzales, an employee from ASAP Towing in La Puente, was taken into custody on Wednesday May 23 in the parking lot of the “Maine Avenue Market Place,” due to an outstandig warrant for traffic violations.

His tow truck was confiscated for not being properly licensed.

According to Lt. David Reynoso, agents responded to resident's complaints that the tow truck was impounding vehicles for no apparent reason.

Police found the driver upon arriving at the shopping mall. After a cross check, they found irregularities and placed him under arrest.

According to various residents in the area, Gonzales has been impounding vehicles in the shopping center arbitrarily for several months.

The car owners who cars are impounded for parking in private property without doing business, are forced to drive to La Puente and pay 300 dollars to recover their vehicles.

A call was made to shopping mall administrators and ASAP Towing in La Puente but none answered Patch phone calls.

Mario Jauregui, a Baldwin Park resident showed Patch court documents that demonstrate he sued ASAP Towing at least two times as a result of these towings.

Juan Chavez, a Baldwin Park resident whose car was impounded on Wednesday, said that he had to pay $256 dollars on Thursday to recover his Chevy Silverado.

Jesus Becerril, another resident, mentioned that the current shopping mall administrators as well as ASAP Towing are taking advantage of the Baldwin Park community.

“I almost had a heart attack when I didn’t see my car,” mentioned Becerril.“Luckily, the police helped us yesterday and a little bit of justice was done,” he added.

Authorities mentioned that they cannot intervene on the way shopping mall administrators deal with parking policies since it is private property.

However, many residents yesterday commended the intervention of law enforcement authorities in this case.

“We felt justice was done, at least for a moment, when the tow truck was taken,” mentioned Kathtleen Meraz.
Car Parker

West Covina, CA

#4 May 26, 2012
Nothing like overloading a tow truck.

I can not believe that Baldwin Park Police would let Royal Coaches tow a 12,000 pound tow truck on a tow truck designed to haul 10,000 pounds max
Car Parker

West Covina, CA

#5 May 26, 2012
Wait, I take that back I do believe it.
Car Parker

West Covina, CA

#6 May 26, 2012
The car owners who cars are impounded for parking in private property without doing business, are forced to drive to La Puente and pay 300 dollars to recover their vehicles.

Hey its the law. If its posted you cant park there.
Car Parker

West Covina, CA

#7 May 26, 2012
Jesus Becerril, another resident, mentioned that the current shopping mall administrators as well as ASAP Towing are taking advantage of the Baldwin Park community.

I believe that Royal Coaches and the Baldwin Park Police Department was also taking advantage of the Baldwin Park community. That little criminal enterprise impounded 7,000 cars in one year. It took over ten million dollars out of the local economy.
Car Parker

West Covina, CA

#8 May 26, 2012
Marco Antonio Gonzales, an employee from ASAP Towing in La Puente.

Hey isn't this guy the son of the owner of Budget towing
Car Parker

West Covina, CA

#9 May 27, 2012
The car owners who cars are impounded for parking in private property without doing business, are forced to drive to La Puente and pay 300 dollars to recover their vehicles.

I Think I know what is happening here. Baldwin Park Police and Royal Coaches are upset they aren't getting the impounds.

Garcia and Lozano up to their old Shiiiiitt again. That property owner has the right to reserve their parking for their own customers.

I hope the store owner uses any tow company except Royal Coaches to enforce their property rights. Or Garcia and Lozano's friends will have free parking.
Ah Yes

Pala, CA

#10 May 27, 2012
Car Parker wrote:
Marco Antonio Gonzales, an employee from ASAP Towing in La Puente.
Hey isn't this guy the son of the owner of Budget towing
This goes back to the corruption of towing involving Lozano and his gang members brothers trying to steal cars. This crime free town that the corrupt police chief wants you to believe is true is the capital of a major car theft ring. There are more cars stolen here and recovered here than any other city in the San Gabriel valley. This city stinks with corruption it protects the council groupies and punishes the innocent hard working people.
Facts

Ontario, CA

#11 May 29, 2012
The Driver Gonzales is well connected also with a chop shop close by. The ring steals the cars and takes the cars to the chop shop to dismantle and sell the parts. The trucks have names on them like Hookem Up, Asap, Arrons, and Cbm all are towing companies with questionable records.
This driver was connected to Budget Towing which is now believed to be out of business.
These crooks in towing just switch names and continue the stealing of cars.
truth

Ontario, CA

#12 Oct 4, 2012
Facts wrote:
The Driver Gonzales is well connected also with a chop shop close by. The ring steals the cars and takes the cars to the chop shop to dismantle and sell the parts. The trucks have names on them like Hookem Up, Asap, Arrons, and Cbm all are towing companies with questionable records.
This driver was connected to Budget Towing which is now believed to be out of business.
These crooks in towing just switch names and continue the stealing of cars.
you are wrong because they all dont like each other they are not connected!
Truth

Ontario, CA

#13 Oct 4, 2012
Hay facts what tow company do you work for?
Truth

Ontario, CA

#14 Oct 4, 2012
The only thing I herd about any of those company's is that the Gonzalez guy at ASAP owes someone a lot of Tangerines for some work they did! Ya the kind that grow on trees!    
Ya want facts

Azusa, CA

#15 Oct 4, 2012
this Gonzalez guy at ASAP is being prosecuted by the D A and will be in Pomona Court on October 15, Message to Gonzalez stay out of our tow hood
Ya want facts

Azusa, CA

#16 Oct 4, 2012
Truth wrote:
Hay facts what tow company do you work for?
RC
Truth

United States

#17 Oct 6, 2012
Ya want facts wrote:
this Gonzalez guy at ASAP is being prosecuted by the D A and will be in Pomona Court on October 15, Message to Gonzalez stay out of our tow hood
. Which DA from what city???
A little history

Azusa, CA

#18 Oct 7, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>. Which DA from what city???
Having trouble reading. You must be a Baldwin Park tow truck driver

Pomona Court. That is in L A county so that would be Los Angeles County District Attorney.
Truth

Concord, CA

#19 Oct 7, 2012
A little history wrote:
<quoted text>
Having trouble reading. You must be a Baldwin Park tow truck driver
Pomona Court. That is in L A county so that would be Los Angeles County District Attorney.
No I'm a Bp tow truck driver! Are you having trouble because part of Pomona is not part of LA besides I am not as familiar with the court system I'm not a criminal! That's ok if you are familiar with the system! What is the charge & what police department filed the. Case?
Ya want facts

Azusa, CA

#20 Oct 7, 2012
Getting my information from B P lt. Let me make it simple for you Marco Antonio Gonzales, an employee from ASAP Towing in La Puente has been working our area for a while. We don't like it when other tow co. cut into our business. Gonzales is learning that BPPD don't like being aced out of their share either. The charges are multiple counts of Gran theft auto. They are being prosecuted in Pomona because that is the superior court for the B P area. All felony's are tried there. I don't think you are a BP tow driver. So my message to you is be careful whose tow hood you are working or you will find out all about Pomona Superior Court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Encino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Douglas Tessitor profanity 14 min Touhey 15
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr R TRUTH 27,913
Licon and Montebello Blvd incident today ??? 1 hr Jo Jo 1
Montebello councilwomana s husband sentenced to... 5 hr ExBFF 27
Clifford an Touhey an Tessitor (Apr '11) 5 hr around the 24
Should john harrold be expelled from Glendora (Apr '08) 5 hr mugged 420
Its time for Romney to apologize to America 6 hr either or 3

Encino News Video

Encino Dating
Find my Match

Encino Jobs

Encino People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Encino News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Encino

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]