helicopter over encinitas

helicopter over encinitas

Posted in the Encinitas Forum

encinitas D

Encinitas, CA

#1 Jun 8, 2012
Anybody know what was happening friday june 8th at around 1 am involving a helicopter with a search light? it seemed to be flying over scripps hospital/vons shopping center then headed slightly west over my neighborhood, the spotlight was fixated on something for about 20 min (possibly on summit drive) then the helicopter flew away. Anybody with info please comment
Sean

San Marcos, CA

#2 Jun 8, 2012
I'd like to know also. There were 2 helicopters circling. One with a spot lite. They had a megaphone and said they were part of a rescue effort. I live on Summit and the light looked like it was shining more towards downtown Cardiff or maybe San Elijo ave. they circled for about an hour. Anyone know what happened??
Encinitas Dieguito

San Diego, CA

#3 Jun 8, 2012
I also heard them and was trying to figure it out. A woman was rescued from the cliffs but they said a firetruck and ambulance were involved in the rescue but it was about the same time.
Sean

San Diego, CA

#4 Jun 8, 2012
Hereis the news article of what happened.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jun/08/wo...
Encinitas D

Encinitas, CA

#5 Jun 8, 2012
Thanks for the story Sean...I still think its weird that one of the helicopters had its light fixated on something near summit avenue just a little south of Santa fe, I could see it clearly from my house cuz I'm about 5 houses away, but I guess I'll never know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Encinitas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman in Carlsbad police shooting dies (Nov '07) Nov 18 La Costa 31
News Woman collapses after found guilty in alleged b... Nov 18 La Costa 8
Corinne Hogg and her VA disability - What's wro... (Sep '15) Nov 17 Annonymous 18
Helicopter over Encinitas Last Night (Jul '11) Oct '17 Tess 14
News Bikes, cars struggle to share Coast Highway (Feb '17) Feb '17 Why waste the Money 1
10 Years Ago Today: The AMC Wiegand Plaza close... (Jan '17) Jan '17 dbaldwin 1
News Wally the dead whale finally laid to rest in So... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Ed Muntin 5

Encinitas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Encinitas Mortgages