Media Lies: The Worst School Massacre...

Media Lies: The Worst School Massacre in USA

Posted in the Encinal Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Umbrae Pulvisque”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 15, 2012
First, I absolutely cannot believe there are monsters around us who would even consider hurting or killing a child, or any other human being for no reason at all, much less doing so in a grand scale. My heart is sick at this huge loss of life in Newtown, Connecticut. "My condolences" does not even begin to express what I feel in my heart.
The media has been regularly lying to us viewers about the worst mass killings in the USA involving students, especially elementary age school students. That dubious distinction falls on the town of
Bath, Michigan. On May 18, 1927, a freaking MEMBER OF THE SCHOOL BOARD, a man named Andrew Kehoe, murdered his wife, set his own farm on fire and then went on to set fire to a local elementary school. It wasn't just a fire. Over a number of MONTHS, Kehoe had planted dynamite and an incendiary, pyratol- over 500 LBS of it- in the elementary school's basement. He was planning to destroy the entire school and all of its 238 children plus school teachers. After Kehoe set off a fire in the school, he detonated a car bomb in his car as a crowd gathered outside the school and the local fire brigade was responding. Not including his poor wife, and himself, Kehoe murdered 38 elementary school children, 2 teachers, and four other adults. Kehoe died in the suicide bombing. The big difference between this depraved act of terrorism against children and human beings and the ones being committed nowadays? WE DIDN'T HAVE A TELEVISED NEWS MEDIA BOMBARDING US CONSTANTLY WITH ALL THE GORY DETAILS AND PUTTING COPY-CAT THOUGHTS IN THE MINDS OF OTHER WOULD-BE MURDERING PSYCHOPATHS.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#2 Dec 15, 2012
If you can't handle bad news, turn off the f*cking TV. The world is a hostile place and there's not a god damned thign you can do about it. Adjust or STFU.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Dec 15, 2012
walterfm wrote:
If you can't handle bad news, turn off the f*cking TV. The world is a hostile place and there's not a god damned thign you can do about it. Adjust or STFU.
STFU you insensitive drug addict POS.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#4 Dec 15, 2012
If anything is being held back, it is probably a good thing so we don't plant more sick ideas in the heads of sick people.

As for the bombardment by the media and 24/7 coverage loaded with innuendo and half truths, its what they do to increase their ratings and in some ways makes them about as sick as those committing the crimes. The media pimps itself and exploits the tragedy and the victims by their asinine actions claiming it is news. BS, its today's sick form of journalism based upon sensationalism and wrong to carry it to the degree they do IMO. I deal with it by turning off the news after getting the overall picture or headline. After that I want nothing to do w/ CNN or any other network who stays connected to it 24/7. That is not news, its a sickness in and of itself.

Albuquerque

#5 Dec 15, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU you insensitive drug addict POS.
CornHolio, when you're a severe alcoholic like yourself, it's a really bad idea to suddenly stop all ethanol intake. You must taper off in order to avoid severe mental disturbances and even death. Those of us who care about your welfare continue to encourage you in the strongest terms to please, please get the help you need. Even though it's impressive that you're still able to type while shaking so dramatically, entering deranged messages on your keyboard is no substitute for proper medical treatment.

Albuquerque

#6 Dec 15, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
If anything is being held back, it is probably a good thing so we don't plant more sick ideas in the heads of sick people.
As for the bombardment by the media and 24/7 coverage loaded with innuendo and half truths, its what they do to increase their ratings and in some ways makes them about as sick as those committing the crimes. The media pimps itself and exploits the tragedy and the victims by their asinine actions claiming it is news. BS, its today's sick form of journalism based upon sensationalism and wrong to carry it to the degree they do IMO. I deal with it by turning off the news after getting the overall picture or headline. After that I want nothing to do w/ CNN or any other network who stays connected to it 24/7. That is not news, its a sickness in and of itself.
So, tell us what's happening down there with your head buried in the sand. Do the grains look nice and orderly, or is each one unique? Is the lack of light a problem? How is it Is it any different than the view of the world you normally see....you know....the inside of your colon?

Or do your hallucinations substitute for a real view? Do you have any control over these visions? Do you basically make up whatever you want to see and believe?

On those rare occasions when you pull your head out, is it like being reborn?

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Dec 15, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
You really hit the nail on the head, CD. We also minimize watching the saturation coverage of the so-called news channels. What they produce is more like live editorials than news stories, and they seek to try and convict people in their broadcasts rather than presuming innocence until guilt is proven. Nancy Grace really grosses me out. She appears, at least to me, to be an ambulance-chasing phony who exploits sensational crimes.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#8 Dec 15, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really hit the nail on the head, CD. We also minimize watching the saturation coverage of the so-called news channels. What they produce is more like live editorials than news stories, and they seek to try and convict people in their broadcasts rather than presuming innocence until guilt is proven. Nancy Grace really grosses me out. She appears, at least to me, to be an ambulance-chasing phony who exploits sensational crimes.
I've seen a portion of her "shows" twice, once as a drive by where I stopped for a couple minutes then almost gagged, and another when I was at someone's home and they had her on. You are right, she is an ambulance chaser exploiting the tragedy's in others lives all for her own selfish purposes. Sadly there are quite a few individuals and/or networks that subscribe to the same disgusting self serving cause.
dpb

La Veta, CO

#9 Dec 15, 2012
Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday:

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media r...eports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

“Umbrae Pulvisque”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#10 Dec 15, 2012
dpb wrote:
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.
It's because of the way the media r...eports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.
CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.
You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
Extremely well said. The one poster misses the point you and I are trying to make. I served in the Army 10 years, and sadly there's a lot of things I "can handle", albeit not withing disturbing dreams and memories. It's the mentality of "if it bleeds, it leads" and the points you make that disturb me. A criminal justice professional interviewed talked about the copy cat effect and he gave it a name. I just can't remember it. But it's a sad fact that Morgan Freeman is right and so are you.
Joe Schmoe

Fredericksburg, VA

#11 Dec 15, 2012
dpb wrote:
Except he didn't actually say that.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#12 Dec 15, 2012
Joe Schmoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Except he didn't actually say that.
Really? The article I saw credits Morgan Freeman with saying it. It starts off by saying that Morgan Freeman isn't a man who is afraid to speak his mind. It then goes on to quote what he said, which is exactly what dpb quoted.
Joe Schmoe

Fredericksburg, VA

#13 Dec 15, 2012
Really. It was even reported he said that after the Aurora, Colorado shootings. Looks like it got started as a Facebook posting
Joe Schmoe

Fredericksburg, VA

#14 Dec 15, 2012

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#15 Dec 15, 2012
Bryan Fischer: God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools (VIDEO)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/brya...

If this is not sickening, I don't know what is. I would not have believed this were it not for the video.

This puts Bryan Fischer on equal footing with the Westboro Baptist Church.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#16 Dec 15, 2012
Joe Schmoe wrote:
Interesting. If he didn't say it, it is still well written.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Ol' Juarez

#17 Dec 15, 2012
Lobo Viejo wrote:
Bryan Fischer: God Did Not Protect Connecticut Shooting Victims Because Prayer Banned In Schools (VIDEO)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/brya...
If this is not sickening, I don't know what is. I would not have believed this were it not for the video.
This puts Bryan Fischer on equal footing with the Westboro Baptist Church.
Sick! Why do these religious fanatics take a tragedy such as this to push their agenda? It is a terrible time for all of us, and especially for the families that lost a loved one.
truth

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Dec 15, 2012
the world can be a bad place.

news on TV and print is designed to show it.
if it bleeds, it leads. We now have helicopters with 50x cameras to show you shots blowing through human beings as they are shot.....

turn the S#!+ off.

Good earth STILL exists.

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#19 Dec 15, 2012
It's not just the news media, it's also the violent crime dramas that are on all the time. And the violent video games where you walk inside a building and shoot everyone up. Have these young shooters watched so much of this blood and guts that they think this is normal?

The TV networks just provide us with the programs that gives them the most viewers. And that must mean that our barbaric species just loves to watch this stuff, whether it be real or dramatized.

But I feel so much safer knowing that there are laws that will protect us from being exposed to Janet Jackson's breasts.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Dread Pirate Roberts

#20 Dec 17, 2012
Sensationalism that appeals to peoples base instincts and emotions...

And they use it to manipulate us into thinking, feeling certain ways so that they can get us to do what they want us to do.

Take the remote...push the off button...open up the place where the batteries are...throw batteries out...and don't replace...

Now...go read, spend time with friends and family...disconnect from the media and reconnect with your relationships...with your relationship with God...and get back your life...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Encinal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr new parrot 112,597
Stuff Hillary Doesn't Want You to Know 1 hr JMJ 3
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr Mister Chix 61,830
Will the Cankle Queen be Our New Imperator? 2 hr fmer505-1951 31
4 Muslim Boys Rape Little Girl in Twin Falls Idaho 2 hr fmer505-1951 47
News Commissioners warn against personal fireworks i... 3 hr The Green Watch Dog 11
News NM museums to cease free admission on Sundays 3 hr Denise R 21

Encinal Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Encinal Mortgages