Truck driver charged in rest stop killing arrested in Emporia

There are 78 comments on the WVEC story from Apr 2, 2008, titled Truck driver charged in rest stop killing arrested in Emporia. In it, WVEC reports that:

A truck driver from Florida is charged with murder after allegedly stabbing and killing a man at a rest stop. via WVEC

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WVEC.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“"NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE"”

Since: Mar 08

THE Q

#62 Apr 13, 2008
A tragedy all away around, I'm sorry for all that knew these men.

But for all of us, its a very fine line from sanity to insanity!
candy

Sand Springs, OK

#63 Apr 14, 2008
There is no accusation to the story, he did it....He will answer to the Lord no matter, and you can say what you will, but two sides to the story really makes no difference, if he thought it was so bad that he thought he needed to take another persons life, well then he had all opportunity to call the police, but instead he calmy walk over to the store bought a knife and then killed this innocent man, and that is what he is innocent, there is nothing that he or anyone could have done, that would have deserved the life of them to be taken. You can stand behind your family member all that you want, but he did a very bad thing, and took someone from his family and loved ones, and they can never get him back. Stop and think what you would think of someone who took your family member in the way that he did this gentlemen.
My heart goes out to the family and friends of the loved one that they have lost. Claiming insanity is bull, you walked from over to the store to purchase the weapon that was used, if you were insane you would not have stopped long enough to pay for them, really pull your head out, this is a violent man that deserves everything that he gets.
My prayers for the family that lost Gerald, and know, God is with you all the way.
Former Loves Employee

United States

#64 Apr 17, 2008
I have heard that this was a racially motovated situation in which a black man killed a white man. Is this correct?
I am a former white employee of the truck stop, and can honestly say that I have never experienced the reverse descrimination that I was subjected to while working there.
My heart goes out to the victim and his family. Nobody deserves for something like this to happen. There was also a shooting on the parking lot of this location in January.
Mr Everywhere

Nixa, MO

#66 Apr 19, 2008
Every time you hear about some type of tragety The People always say,
Ohh! "He was soo nice and kind",,"He always keeps to himself" Thats what they said about Jeffrie Dauhmer.
I am a truck driver,and I know what "Non whites" go through out here,,It probably was provoked,by the victim
Frustrated in Wilmington

AOL

#67 Apr 21, 2008
To all that are guessing at what happened:

Please stop assuming/predicting what happened that day. UNLESS YOU WERE THERE that afternoon, you don't know what really went on. Stop saying it was this or that. Stop stirring rumors for the families to hear. Let them greave without all this gossip/arguing nonsense. PLEASE!!! What good are you doing by battling with comments on this site?????? Have some respect for the families, as they try to find out what really happend, from the police and soon from the courts.
BIGGBOY TRUCKIN

Augusta, GA

#68 Apr 25, 2008
Sorry the man is dead but when you talk that N- WORD over the radio. It's a chance you take he might have been a good man.But give a good man a BIG RADIO he become a big bad man.Only you truckers know what I'm talkin about everyday you hear it.London can't no one save you now but GOD.Brown you are in a better place now you don't have to worry about a thing now.We need to stop this name calling out here next it could be you.
think about it

Greenville, MI

#69 Apr 26, 2008
I am sure he was a fine family man and would give the shirt off his back. But think about it. He had to had said or did something to even get into that situation. If you mind your own business and stay out of others, if you don't become a radio rambo and talk trash, you don't get into a situation such as this. There are so many "Men" who are pillars of society to their family, come off as peaceful and mature to those who know them, but who talk trash, and/or put others down on the radio and think they are bulletproof. They fail to bring the right weapon to the fight they think they will win. He was probably a great man to his family, but question is why and how did he put himself into a situation where his life was in danger. Tough question for sure, but this didn't happen because he kept his opinions to himself. God bless yall
Frustrated in Wilmington

AOL

#70 Apr 27, 2008
You all have got to stop. You are assuming what caused this incident. You have no proof, and if you do, then you should be sharing it with the police, not gossiping on this site. It was a case of Gerald being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Whether you are a trucker or not. Give the families some peace. Stop gossiping.
BIGGBOY TRUCKIN

Augusta, GA

#71 Apr 28, 2008
No talkin trash to the wrtong one that's it.
Frustrated in Wilmington

AOL

#72 Apr 30, 2008
I don't understand the last sentence by BIGGBOY TRUCKIN....
keke

Woodland, NC

#73 May 29, 2008
my mother worked at loves truckstop and saw the whole thing. she never went back. she found another job

“Justice For Frankie”

Since: Aug 08

LELAND

#74 Aug 10, 2008
noneya wrote:
This is the second murder at this truckstop. last I heard they never caught the first one. at least they have someone to hold responsible this time.
Yes you are right this is the second driver murdered at that truck stop the first one was our friend Frankie he too was a good honest hard working man that would help anyone he could,I pray that his killer will be caught his son some of his family friends need justice Frankie was murdered February 14th 2005 between 8 & 8:30pm @ Loves Truck Stop Please anyone who might have seen anything or anyone we need your help.

“Justice For Frankie”

Since: Aug 08

LELAND

#75 Aug 10, 2008
think about it wrote:
I am sure he was a fine family man and would give the shirt off his back. But think about it. He had to had said or did something to even get into that situation. If you mind your own business and stay out of others, if you don't become a radio rambo and talk trash, you don't get into a situation such as this. There are so many "Men" who are pillars of society to their family, come off as peaceful and mature to those who know them, but who talk trash, and/or put others down on the radio and think they are bulletproof. They fail to bring the right weapon to the fight they think they will win. He was probably a great man to his family, but question is why and how did he put himself into a situation where his life was in danger. Tough question for sure, but this didn't happen because he kept his opinions to himself. God bless yall
So God forbid if this was to happen to you or someone you love out there everyone can asume that you weren't minding your business.My friend was the first driver murdered at this truck stop his killer has never been caught he was minding his own business ajusting his load when someone had to have come up to him ask for directions he laid took his gloves off laid his bar down and went to the cab because they found his atlas across his steering wheel,you are not dealing with a full deck if you think it could not happen to you or any of your family it happens everyday
great nephew

United States

#76 Sep 5, 2008
why he did that i dont know you just dont stabb people for no reason unless your a maniac.
Gail Joyner

United States

#77 Oct 9, 2008
I hope that justice will be served in this case. Gerald is the step father of my son-in-law. He was dear to the entire family. I am having to help comfort myself and most of all his dear wife and family. Pray for us to have love and patience from God to get us through this hurtful time in our lives.
ms-s

United States

#78 Mar 10, 2009
Hi everyone, I just want to let the family of Gerald know that he was a good man. I actually worked at the McDonalds that it happened at. I seen the entire thing. I just want his wife and family know that it will be ok and that the guy who did this is getting what he deserves!!! Just be strong.
baw

Okmulgee, OK

#79 Mar 31, 2009
Tomorrow will be one year since Gerald was taken from us. Does any one know what is going on with the man that took Geralds life.
Sis

Cameron, MO

#80 Nov 19, 2009
I have waited for over a year and a half to post on this forum. I wanted to get all the facts so that there would be no false accusations or speculations. Facts: The murderer Thomas London Jr went into the truck stop's gift shop and purchased two knives. He then went into the adjoining McDonalds and sat down placing the knives on the table. Gerald had purchased his lunch and walked over to a table next to the murderer Thomas London Jr. Gerald said "hi" to the murderer Thomas London Jr and inquired about the knives sitting on the table, asking if they were sharp. The murderer Thomas London Jr said he hadn't had them out of the box yet. Gerald then turned and sat down at his table and started eating his lunch. The murderer Thomas London Jr took out the knives, went over to Gerald and stabbed him 61 times causing his death. These facts were stated by the witmesses that heard and saw this happen. Upon hearing the sirens, the murderer Thomas London Jr. ran out of McDonalds trying to wound the fuel clerk as he exited. He got into his truck and tried to run over the responding officer as he was leaving the parking lot. He was stopped a few miles down the road. Later when asked why he did it, the murderer Thomas London Jr. stated he had had no previous contact with Gerald what-so-ever. Neither verbally no physically. He had never met Gerald nor knew him in anyway. The murderer Thomas London Jr. said he killed Gerald because of the Horizon patches he had on his shirt and hat. To the murderer Thomas London Jr. the setting sun on the Horizon Trucking patch was a sign of the devil. These are the facts as stated by the witnesses and those put into the transcript at the hearing on this day Nov. 19 2009 in the Common Wealth of Virginia. To those who have previously posted, that thought Gerald had to have done something to provoke the murderer Thomas London Jr. to kill like: "sister of the accused", "accuser fried", "kids friends of accusser" and "coworker of accused". You were and are WRONG!! To those of you who thought Gerald was talking smack or trash on the CB, like: "I am a Trucker", "Mr Everywhere", "Bigboy Truckin" and "Think about it". You were and are WRONG!! And to "Trucker not taking sides". You shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers. That article was based on rumors and was later retracted. And to all others out there who thought this would not have happened to Gerald if he had been minding his own business, you are wrong and had better sit with your backs to the wall. Because the murderer Thomas London Jr is being sent to a Virginia State hospital for the criminally insane where they will pat his hand and kiss his boo-boos, put him on medication and in a potentially short period of time he will be released back out on the roads where he may show up at a truck stop and not like what your wearing. We will miss you forever Gerald. Love Sis

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emporia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the worst people in emporia va if u know one co... May 20 your friend 2
speeding ticket in Emporia (Nov '07) May 14 JVY 89
Age limits May 10 Julieanne 1
Review: K&C Beauty Salon Mar '15 disappointed 1
Police Searching For Missing Emporia Man With M... Feb '15 James Browning 1
Justice For Frankie (Aug '08) Nov '14 tammyg 4
looking for a place to rent (Aug '14) Aug '14 lovourkiddos 1
More from around the web

Emporia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE