Truck driver charged in rest stop killing arrested in Emporia

Apr 2, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WVEC

A truck driver from Florida is charged with murder after allegedly stabbing and killing a man at a rest stop. via WVEC

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of80
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hoping for Death Penalty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

Judged:

I hope that there is a death penalty in the state in which this senceless killing occured. I knew the victim, just the nicest guy you could ever meet. This is a true loss to us all
acquaintance of accused

Chestnut Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

Judged:

judgement should not be passed before the whole story is out on the table. There is always two sides to the story.
Alma

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

Judged:

acquaintance of accused wrote:
judgement should not be passed before the whole story is out on the table. There is always two sides to the story.
No matter what the other side of the story is the truck driver that was murdered did not deserve to lose his life. We knew him and he was very well liked.
trucker

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

well i have to agree,no one deserves to die,i wondered what happend there last night i got off to get me a drink and they was not letting no one in, now i know.it is getting pretty bad out here on this road u never know if you will make it back home to see your family,you always worry about a fatal wreck,but in todays time you have to worry about getting killed just by stopping and getting a cheeseburger.sorry for your loss.
banks

Coldwater, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Judged:

Let me tell you-my husband traveled many miles over the USA with Gerald and you couldn't ask for a better man! This man always did all he could to go out of his way to help you.

We have lost a great person! My family is absolutely at a loss as to what could have happened. But if you listen for the "rest of the story" as the witnesses begin talking, I am sure you will find that Gerald did nothing to warrant the end of his life!!!
Barb

Okmulgee, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Judged:

Two sides is true but Gerald can not tell his side of this story, can he.
Justice will prevail..

“"NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE"”

Since: Mar 08

THE Q

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Judged:

WE'ER ALL DOOMED
Broken heart

Clarkton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Judged:

The "accused" needs to rot in jail. I as well know the victim and he was most definately the nicest man I have ever met. I highly doubt that Gerald did anything wrong in this situation. He was probably being as nice as he could be when his life was taken.
Brother of Victim

Lawson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Judged:

Gerald Brown, my dear brother. Our family has been struck a blow that is incomprehensible in anyones eyes. Law enforcement officials stated that of the many witnesses interviewed, all stated that his only actions were defensive ones as he was being brutally stabbed while eating his dinner.

To the "Aquaintance of Accused", you might think about finding some better human beings to aquaint yourself with.

To all of you that knew Gerald, he was indeed a good man. Your comments have lifted my spirit. Gerald will be forever loved and missed by his wife, children, grandchildren, mother, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, neices, nephews, friends, sister-in-law and of course me.

To Gerald, say hello to Dad for us.
Eye for an eye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Whatever!! No one has the right to take anothers person life, this guy was probably already hanging by a string before he flipped out, and i hope he gets tortured while he is in prison. From what i hear he is taking the chicken sh** way out and pleaing temporarily insanity! Please, he did the crime and is scared to do the time. I hope he fries!!!!!!
noneya

Salisbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Judged:

This is the second murder at this truckstop. last I heard they never caught the first one. at least they have someone to hold responsible this time.
Niece of Victim

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Judged:

Gerald was my uncle and he in no way deserved this. He was always there for me and for anyone else for that matter. There is not a bad word anyone could say about him. Our family is in complete shock. We all loved him so much and he will be deeply missed.

Uncle Gerald thank you for all you ever did for me you knew how much I loved you!
Sister of the Accused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Judged:

My brother has had problems in the past. Whatever happened, I believe with all my heart, he was provoked in some way. Only God truly knows what happened and only He can pass judgment. I am praying for my brother as well as the family of Gerald Brown. May God bless and keep us all in the eye of this tragedy.
Wife of Victom

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Judged:

To the comments of the good and the bad. It's true that there is always two sides to every story. But here it is Thursday and I still have not seen my husband yet. I have made arrangements, and I do not know if I will ever be able to see him again because of his physical condition. How can anyone say anything about the story when I myself have not even heard anything that would have provoked this to happen. We are grieving and have had one of the most remarkable and memorial last 22 years with a very wonderful husband, father, son, brother and best friend.
Keen Media Observer

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

Judged:

Hey! That's a great idea for a movie!

"The Truck Stop Killer." :)
Frustrated in Wilmington

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

Why would you post something so idiotic like "That is a good name for a movie", when families and friends are greaving over the loss of a family member and friend? You have no heart.....
neice of the victim

Florence, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

My Uncle Gerald was a wonderful man. He would give you the shirt off his back. I do not think in anyway possible he would provoke anyone. He did not deserve this to happen to him. May justice be served.
neice of the victim

Florence, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

The above comment is from Gerald's neice in Greenville, NC not Charleston.
unknown

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

I would like to say how sorry I'm for your lost may god bless each of you and keep you'll by his side at this time of griveing. It is always two side to a story but in this case it don't matter in the broad day light school kids working @5pm in the resturant famlies sitting down with there kids and then this happens if you knew your brother had problems you'll should have kept him off the road that could have been any one that evening .once again sorry about your lost .
niece of the victim

Lawson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

This has been a complete shock to my family. I cannot imagine how anyone could do this to an innocent man. There is no way that my uncle would provoke anyone. He was the kindest man that you could ever meet and would do anything for anyone...even a complete stranger. My uncle was a great man to all of us. It is a sad time in this world when you cannot go anywhere without feeling safe or having to watch everyone around you. The man who did this should not have been on the road if he had preexisting problems. I hope that justice will be served in this case.

Gerald you were such an amazing person. I will miss you dearly. All of our memories will stay with me forever and there will always be a special place in my heart for you. I love you and will never forget you. Say Hello to GrandDad and Grandpa.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of80
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Emporia Discussions

Search the Emporia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Emporia, VA (Aug '10) Jul 19 eddie 18
speeding ticket in Emporia (Nov '07) Jul 18 Maria 82
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
VA Missing Va. Girl Alive, Man In Custody (Dec '10) Apr '14 Jim 1,433
Where can I get free legal aid to hopefully get... (Dec '13) Dec '13 byrepupozid 2
Someone set up a fake email address in my name...? (Dec '13) Dec '13 hefohyfuxyh 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Emporia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Emporia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••