Woman thrown from van, killed by pass...

Woman thrown from van, killed by passing car

There are 89 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Jul 7, 2008, titled Woman thrown from van, killed by passing car. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A Baltimore woman was killed early this morning in an accident near Emporia in which she was thrown from her van and then struck by a passing vehicle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Tragic

Norfolk, VA

#1 Jul 7, 2008
NOT WEARING A SEATBELT!!! When are people going to get it? SEATBELTS SAVE LIVES!
Will Kofa

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Jul 7, 2008
It does clean out the gene pool.
BubbaLee

Hampton, VA

#3 Jul 7, 2008
Uuummmm, not wearing a seatbelt. Oh WOW! Here's your sign! And now I guess we're all supposed to feel sorry for her dumd**s and there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth over the fact a fully grown adult decided that they knew better than everyone else and wouldn't fasten their seatbelt,,,,, it was probably too uncomfortable.

Since: Jul 08

Home on the Range

#5 Jul 7, 2008
Even worse would be SLEEPY and not wearing a seat belt. I don't know but that could be what happened. And the others in the van were probably her family. Very, very tragic.
Edward Jackson

Chesapeake, VA

#6 Jul 7, 2008
And how horrible for the person who accidently hit her ... having to live with that tragedy due to the ignorance of not wearing a seat belt. My prayers go out to him/her. :(
MRN

Newport News, VA

#7 Jul 7, 2008
god invented seat belts for a reason...either way, very unfortunate and to think kids had to witness that.
evil is as evil does

Fredericksburg, VA

#8 Jul 7, 2008
A woman died and you all can only berate her for not wearing her seatbelt a common mistake every one of us has made at one point or another. You all make me sick...what is this world coming to? My heart goes out to this woman's family as well as the driver that unfortunately hit her.
PAINTER AGAIN

Newport News, VA

#9 Jul 7, 2008
evil is as evil does wrote:
A woman died and you all can only berate her for not wearing her seatbelt a common mistake every one of us has made at one point or another. You all make me sick...what is this world coming to? My heart goes out to this woman's family as well as the driver that unfortunately hit her.
WELL SAID! VERY WELL SAID! THEY ARE PITIFUL.
PAINTER AGAIN

Newport News, VA

#10 Jul 7, 2008
I WONDER WHY THE STATE WON'T PUT SEAT BELTS ON PUBLIC BUSES AND SCHOOL BUSES?BUT THEY ASK THE CITIZENS TO WEAR THEM IN OUR VEHICLES, BUT WON'T EVEN INSTALL THEM IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.,,,JUST WONDERING!
PAINTER AGAIN

Newport News, VA

#11 Jul 7, 2008
Will Kofa wrote:
It does clean out the gene pool.
DUDE,,YOUR WORDS WILL COME BACK TO YOU ONE DAY. TRUST ME ON THAT. WE ALL CARE ABOUT YOU AS PERSON,,,ANYWAY.
PAINTER AGAIN

Newport News, VA

#12 Jul 7, 2008
MRN wrote:
god invented seat belts for a reason...either way, very unfortunate and to think kids had to witness that.
HEY DUDE,,,KIDS ALSO HAVE TO WONDER WHY DO THEIR PARENTS SAY TO THEM ALL THE TIME TO FASTEN THEIR SEAT BELTS. SOME PARENTS SAY THIS EACH AND EVERYTIME THEY PUT THEIR YOUNGSTERS IN A CAR. THEY WONDER,,,WELL, IF I HAVE TO WEAR A SEAT BELT IN THE CAR,,,,THEN WHY I DON'T HAVE TO WEAR ONE ON MY SCHOOL BUS? ASK A KID ABOUT HOW THEY FEEL ABOUT THE FACT THEY DON'T HAVE A SEAT BELT ON THE BUS,,BUT THEY HAVE TO WEAR ONE IN A CAR. SEE HOW THEY RESPONED. JUST LIKE THEY SELL BEER AT BALL GAMES AND ALLOW THE PARENTS TO DRIVE THEIR KIDS HOME,,,AND THEN THE STATE SAYS,,,NO DRINKING AND DRIVING. KIDS NOTICE THAT TOO.
Tonya Smith

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jul 7, 2008
This woman was my aunt. We as the family don't even have all the details at this time. All we know is that someone we love dearly is gone. Please respect the loss of human life and leave it at that.
Watersedge

Newport News, VA

#14 Jul 7, 2008
PAINTER AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text> WELL SAID! VERY WELL SAID! THEY ARE PITIFUL.
Well said my butt. It appears that this woman left three children motherless for not doing a simple act that would have made this entire scenario a mute point. Also, what kind of lesson does this teach children when Mom or Dad cannot obey simple rules. Yes, I have the upmost sorrow for the family as well as the person that ran over her. My prayers go out to them but it's hard to have sorrow for the victim when this never had to happen.

Since: Apr 08

Hampton

#15 Jul 7, 2008
Watersedge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said my butt. It appears that this woman left three children motherless for not doing a simple act that would have made this entire scenario a mute point. Also, what kind of lesson does this teach children when Mom or Dad cannot obey simple rules. Yes, I have the upmost sorrow for the family as well as the person that ran over her. My prayers go out to them but it's hard to have sorrow for the victim when this never had to happen.
First, have you never, ever in your life forgotten to buckle your seatbelt? I would bet money that you have. I know I have and I wear my seatbelt all the time but I have gotten in the car and had a bunch of stuff with me and by the time I put everything where it needed to be etc. forgot the seatbelt until my husband reminded me.

Second, without the facts, you don't really know. Maybe she had recently had surgery or something and the seatbelt was uncomfortable for her and she figured this once it won't matter. Dumb, yes but she was human!

Third, do you have utmost sorrow for the family? I'm not quite sure what upmost is. Never heard that one before. It never ceases to amaze me the number of people on here who use old adages and don't really know how they go or what the words are.
Watersedge

Newport News, VA

#16 Jul 7, 2008
DonnaJ wrote:
<quoted text>
First, have you never, ever in your life forgotten to buckle your seatbelt? I would bet money that you have. I know I have and I wear my seatbelt all the time but I have gotten in the car and had a bunch of stuff with me and by the time I put everything where it needed to be etc. forgot the seatbelt until my husband reminded me.
Second, without the facts, you don't really know. Maybe she had recently had surgery or something and the seatbelt was uncomfortable for her and she figured this once it won't matter. Dumb, yes but she was human!
Third, do you have utmost sorrow for the family? I'm not quite sure what upmost is. Never heard that one before. It never ceases to amaze me the number of people on here who use old adages and don't really know how they go or what the words are.
and maybe your husband is NUTS for marrying such a babbling IDIOT. Excuse me, let me run this through the spell checker. Ah, nevermind we have you here instead.
Watersedge

Newport News, VA

#17 Jul 7, 2008
DonnaJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about how absurd your statements are:

1. Maybe she forgot.
2. Maybe she had surgery.
3. Maybe she had her hands full and her husband forgot to remind her.

Do you realize how silly that sounds. There are three motherless children now. Which one of those three excuses do you want to tell the children is the reason why their mother is gone?
Meredith McNair

Newport News, VA

#18 Jul 7, 2008
Tonya Smith wrote:
This woman was my aunt. We as the family don't even have all the details at this time. All we know is that someone we love dearly is gone. Please respect the loss of human life and leave it at that.
What a tragic accident. My prayers are with you and your family.
Meredith McNair

Newport News, VA

#19 Jul 7, 2008
DonnaJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Donna, please tell me that you are making excuses for a very preventable accident. Do you know that the very first thing 80% of drunk drivers say when they get into court is "it was the first time they ever drove after drinking". Does that make it excusable?
PGSD

Newport News, VA

#20 Jul 7, 2008
Because people taking public transportation are on welfare and costs are decreased if they kick the bucket while not wearing a seatbelt.
PAINTER AGAIN wrote:
I WONDER WHY THE STATE WON'T PUT SEAT BELTS ON PUBLIC BUSES AND SCHOOL BUSES?BUT THEY ASK THE CITIZENS TO WEAR THEM IN OUR VEHICLES, BUT WON'T EVEN INSTALL THEM IN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.,,,JUST WONDERING!
Get Off

Fredericksburg, VA

#21 Jul 8, 2008
Meredith McNair wrote:
<quoted text>
Donna, please tell me that you are making excuses for a very preventable accident. Do you know that the very first thing 80% of drunk drivers say when they get into court is "it was the first time they ever drove after drinking". Does that make it excusable?
Excuses? How can you compare forgetting to put on your seatbelt to drunk driving? You can't forget your drunk, you can certainly forget to put on your seatbelt. Your self righteous bullshit is what is inexcusable. The woman made a mistake, for whatever reason and paid for that mistake with her LIFE! Who are you to judge her now? You all make me sick to my stomach, have you no hearts? Some things are better left unsaid, I can understand reinforcing the fact that seatbelts are needed but to place blame on this woman for a common mistake that EVERYONE makes at some point in their lives is just ridiculous and unnecessary, those are comments better kept to yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emporia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medicaid expansion in Virginia (Feb '16) Jun '16 coonhunter 2
Southside Regional Jail (Feb '08) Jan '16 Charm 11
speeding ticket in Emporia (Nov '07) Oct '15 collateral damage 91
Narcotics anonymous felons criminals (Aug '15) Aug '15 Carlk 1
News Sloan charged with murder (Oct '08) Aug '15 reveal yourself 87
the worst people in emporia va if u know one co... (May '15) Jul '15 Worst 3
Age limits (May '15) May '15 Julieanne 1

Emporia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance