speeding ticket in Emporia
Tim FL

Jacksonville, FL

#62 Jan 14, 2013
danny wrote:
i was indeed going 81 miles an hour in a 70 zone on i-95 in myersville co. va and was more than willing to pay my fine. After getting back home in maryland a week later i had recieved 18 letters or post cards from local attorneys ready to represent me on my reckless driving charges So i paid the attorney next to the courthouse 125.00 to have the charge dropped to mafunction equipment, 201.00 fine.Case closed welcome to the u.s. judicial system
Danny,

I recieved a ticket for doing 80 in a 70. What was the lawyers name and number? Also what was the total cost fine, lawyer, etc?
Red Mercedes

Hampton, VA

#63 Jan 15, 2013
We've been traveling through Emporia for 30 years. 29 years ago, I got a ticket for doing 59 in a 55. I got the same ticket a year later. Since, I have NEVER surpassed the speed limit. I set the cruise control for a mile or two under. On Dec. 30, we passed the first officer and made a comment that we were donig the exact speed limit. We saw officer #2 put on his brakes as we approached and he screeched out into the traffic. We made another comment that he had caught someone. WE were pulled. He asked for our DL and registration and said he'd answer what we did AFTER we handed him our info. We asked again what we did and he responded only "the posted limit is 60". We sat there perplexed and growing increasingly more angry because we were not speeding. When he again approached the car...we asked once again what we did. He asked us to sign the ticket, which we refused to do until he told us what we did. He asked us again to sign the form. We signed and we asked once again what we did....we also told him we were recording the conversation. He told us we were doing 70. We both exclaimed that that was completely wrong and asked to see the radar. He said we couldn't and we asked why. He told us to be careful pulling out into traffic and he walked away.

We drove directly to the police station and reported the incident. However, the supervisor on duty was not interested in the slightest that either something was really wrong with his radar...or with his officer. Unless the officer was rude to us...he didn't care. The officer, btw, other than failing repeatedly to tell us what we did in a timely manner...was not rude.

We hope indeed that the radar was on the fritz...because we truly hate to believe that the City of Emporia has stooped to outright lying to trap honest citizens. Now we are being bombarded...and I mean over 20...with letters from law offices in the area. Things that make you go "hmmm".

If anyone has had a similar incident, please respond here. We're interested in bringing this situation to light. We have both been given tickets which we deserve. We did NOT deserve this one and went above and beyond to not get one. Where is the justice?
JMD

Conshohocken, PA

#64 Feb 22, 2013
The officers, courts, lawyers and judges are all in this together. The trap in Emporia ,Va. Is nothing more than extortion. They are all no better than common thieves. I can only hope that Karma comes into play and rewards all involved as they justly deserve. I honestly don't know how they sleep at night praying on passer byes with these extortion tactics.
raped in emporia

Norfolk, VA

#65 May 1, 2013
yeah... I am a victim too...
I was driving 65 in a 60 along 58... I had my detector on and it was silent.. I saw the cop at the top of the hill and was doing right at 64-65 and his radar was off... My passenger, at 7 months pregnant, said he felt like she was going to throw up... I started getting over to pull off the road and of course, while going down hill, I picked up a little speed.. my detector went off at the very bottom of the hill... 72 in a 60... ok.. so I was speeding.. however, that cocksucking pig waited until my vehicle had picked up speed coming down the hill to release his radar knowing that my speed would be higher at the bottom of the hill than it was at the top... I have several friends who are officers and will not take the highest, but the most consistent reading from their radar readout and pull you over if you stayed at a certain speed for a set amount of time (normally -5 seconds)... And yes, my ticket was on the 9th, on the 11th I had two letters from Emporia lawyers... I have since received a total of 13 letters... they can all suck a fat diseased monkey cock
Faded blue line

Atlanta, GA

#66 May 15, 2013
I hope Emporias finest are better
Faded blue line

Kissimmee, FL

#67 May 16, 2013
I was able to get a picture of one of Emporias finest in a recent court hearing. Disgrace to the brotherhood these hillbillys are! Hope everyone enjoys! www.imgur.com/gallery/uQg4l
IHEPD

Summit, NJ

#68 May 24, 2013
Huh, you think speed traps are the only issue in this town. Try again! Don't get hit by a car in this town. The police officers are so incompetent and lazy it's absolutely horrendous and appalling. Let me ask you all a question. If someone hits you with their car while you are a pedestrian crossing the road leaving you with a severe brain injury and the investigating police officer doesn't even ask the driver who hit you how it happened, would you think there is a serious problem with the competence of the PD in Emporia???
It's disgraceful and disgusting. Never heard of this town until it ruined my families life.
Notfromva

Avon, CT

#69 May 25, 2013
That is disgraceful!! Sounds like the epitome of laziness. Let me guess, the driver was from emporia but the pedestrian wasn't, right? They're all related in that town and follow their own laws apparently. If you don't investigate something like that what would you investigate? I bet if it was the other way around he would've asked a few more questions. And as far as the speeding tickets go, they need to come up with another plan to raise money in that town.. It's still a s*** hole!
IHEPD wrote:
Huh, you think speed traps are the only issue in this town. Try again! Don't get hit by a car in this town. The police officers are so incompetent and lazy it's absolutely horrendous and appalling. Let me ask you all a question. If someone hits you with their car while you are a pedestrian crossing the road leaving you with a severe brain injury and the investigating police officer doesn't even ask the driver who hit you how it happened, would you think there is a serious problem with the competence of the PD in Emporia???
It's disgraceful and disgusting. Never heard of this town until it ruined my families life.
IHEPD

Brooklyn, NY

#70 May 26, 2013
Notfromva,
You hit the nail on the head! Driver was from Emporia and pedestrian was from out of town. Driver was not questioned AT ALL as to what happened! You would think I was making this up, right? To top it off, the actual police report was based on the OPINION of the investigating officer of what happened because there were no witnesses. So instead of asking the driver what happened, it's just easier to write what you think happened. Who gives a damn, right? Not the Police Officers family or friend. Just some out of towner....yeah an out of towner who happened to be an awesome husband, father and incredible grandfather. Now he sits in a diaper in a wheelchair,will never walk again and needs a care giver for the rest of his life. But who on the Emporia PD really cares....
Theygotmetoo

Courtland, VA

#71 Jun 11, 2013
I was pulled by one of Emporia's finest one night about 11:00pm on Hwy 58. He told me I was going 70 in a 60. I was actually going 58 in a 60. I asked him where he was when he hit me with his radar and he wouldn't tell me. I had an 18 wheeler fly by me less than a minute before he got me.
I told him respectfully that he was wrong, and that I had lived close to Emporia my whole life and I knew Emporia was the biggest speed trap in the state and I knew better than to speed though Emporia. He ended up writing me a warning, because he knew I would fight it in court. Emporia (and the Emporia attorneys) makes a ton of $ off of out of the area drivers because they know you are not going to come back from out of state to fight a speeding ticket. It's a scam, but it's been going on forever, and not likely to stop.
JOHN BROOKS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#72 Jun 19, 2013
I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND WAS PASSING THROUGH EMPORIA, VA. FOLLOWING ALL THE TRAFFIC IN FRONT OF ME. I DID NOT LOOK AT THE SPEED WE WERE GOING. I WAS THE LAST ONE IN THE LINE. A FEW MILES DOWN THE
I-95 ROAD A STATE TROOPER PUT HIS LIGHT ON BEHIND ME. I PULLED OVER AND HE GAVE ME A TICKET. ON IT HE CHECKED OFF THAT I WAS GOING 81 IN A 70 MILE ZONE. I JUST TOOK THE TICKET AND SIGNED IT FOR HIM. THEN HE SAID THAT THIS IS A TICKET FOR RECKLESS DRIVING AS IT IS 1 MILE OVER 80.I WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK TO COURT TO CONTEST THE SPEED AND JUST HAVE A SPEEDING TICKET THAT DOES NOT HAVE SUCH PROBLEMS WITH MY INSURANCE. DOES ANYONE KNOW A TICKET LAWYER TO DEFEND ME IN COURT. IN FLORIDA WE HAVE TICKET DOCTORS WHO DO THIS FOR A FEE THAT IS ABOUT THE SAME PRICE AS A TICKET. MY E-MAIL IS
[email protected] THANK YOU
Edward

Newport News, VA

#73 Jun 28, 2013
danny wrote:
i was indeed going 81 miles an hour in a 70 zone on i-95 in myersville co. va and was more than willing to pay my fine. After getting back home in maryland a week later i had recieved 18 letters or post cards from local attorneys ready to represent me on my reckless driving charges So i paid the attorney next to the courthouse 125.00 to have the charge dropped to mafunction equipment, 201.00 fine.Case closed welcome to the u.s. judicial system
I just got the same ticket, can you provide me your lawyers info?
Brownsugar

Emporia, VA

#74 Jul 9, 2013
YO GIRL wrote:
my name is crystal and i am looking for a long-time friend by the name of SEDAROUS THOMAS. if anyone know him and his were abouts please i repeat please inform him that i am looking for him THANKS
I know Sedarous. Have you found him yet?
VA is a cash cow

Roanoke Rapids, NC

#75 Aug 8, 2013
The big E (emporia)has more cops than a city 10 times its size! why MONEY and TICKETS! I hate to go to virginia, for any reason. VA was for lovers, now its the money grubbers!
long trip

Hicksville, NY

#76 Aug 16, 2013
My wife was driving on cruise control at 77 on a 70. Yes she was over the limit, but the officer said he clocked her at 81!!! Bold lie and im a witness. I think he took advantage of the fact that we're from NY and won't be able to fight the ticket in person! Un fair and slick!
Thabull

Angier, NC

#77 Aug 27, 2013
I go through Emporia twice a month, and see all
the Blue lights EVERY TIME . I slowed down last week, but was not slow enough..........Blue Light, I could kick myself
in the Butt! You need to be 2 mph BELOW the speed limit, OR you will get a ticket in Emporia.
YES, it is a speed Trap. I don't stop unless I'm
on empty.
moulie exterminator

Ardsley, NY

#78 Sep 21, 2013
this is my town wrote:
the speed limit is 65 0n I95 not 70mph so don't think its a bunch of BS you were speeding and got caught.dawg pay your fine or come back to court and fight it but remember we stp speeders
. Im sure u are the moulie cop that got me once. Thatll never happen again....
Kris

Cowpens, SC

#79 Mar 4, 2014
I got pulled over in Emporia, Va by a sheriff deputy . I didn't know why, because I had my cruise control set to 65mph in a 60mph zone. He said I was doing 72. I've got a fairly new car, so my speed should've been accurate. He supposedly clocked my speed from the other side of the road. This is the first time I've ever been pulled over, so I'm gonna go to court and fight it. Do I have a chance to win?
Emporia

Alexandria, VA

#80 Jun 3, 2014
I had my cruise set on 76,,,,... Officer wrote me at 82.
He said I clocked you at 82...then did a line of sight and my radar showed 77.
I figured I was going to get a ticket for 77.... He wrote it for 82. Wth?
Anything over 9 miles over the posted speed limit goes against your driving record ....get a lawyer to represent you.
Mari

Lyman, SC

#81 Jul 18, 2014
just tired of complaints wrote:
Well, were you going 65? Once you past the sign you are suppose to be going 45mph. The sign isn't where you begin to slow down. Everyone complains about Emporia and speeding. I lived there for the first 20 years of my life and visit regularly. I've been pulled over once for speeding and received a warning and yes, I was speeding. However, nearly everyone I've ever heard complain was actually speeding and admits it. If you were speeding... get over yourself.
well what I think they are trying to say is who has time to slow down with the cop sitting right there ? It's in believe able how many ppl this including myself this has happened to!!!! You must be a cop yourself,.......or atleast you would make great one!!!!! What a jackass

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emporia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Medicaid expansion in Virginia (Feb '16) Jun '16 coonhunter 2
Southside Regional Jail (Feb '08) Jan '16 Charm 11
Narcotics anonymous felons criminals (Aug '15) Aug '15 Carlk 1
News Sloan charged with murder (Oct '08) Aug '15 reveal yourself 87
the worst people in emporia va if u know one co... (May '15) Jul '15 Worst 3
Age limits (May '15) May '15 Julieanne 1
Review: K&C Beauty Salon (Mar '15) Mar '15 disappointed 1

Emporia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance