Tyson donates thousands for Spanish s...

Tyson donates thousands for Spanish speaking siren in Emporia

There are 2 comments on the KSNT-TV Topeka story from Nov 29, 2011, titled Tyson donates thousands for Spanish speaking siren in Emporia. In it, KSNT-TV Topeka reports that:

A donation from Tyson Foods helps Emporia Police Officers save lives. Tyson Plant Manager Mike Fiehler says, "We felt that it was important that we make sure our people, both the community and our team members from the plant, are as safe as possible." Lupe Rodriguez lives across the street from Las Casitas Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSNT-TV Topeka.

“RelaxEverythingW illBeAllright”

Since: Mar 11

Mount Hope, KS

#1 Dec 1, 2011
Tyson should be forced to reimburse taxpayers for all the public assistance provided to their workforce.

Tyson systematically depresses wages by hiring undocumented workers and paying their entire workforce so little that all are eligible for public assistance programs like free lunches, food stamps, low income housing, energy assistance and medical cards.

In return, Tyson earns billions in profits each year selling chickens to China without having to share one dime of that money with their ignorant workforce who refuse to unionize.

Yes, Tyson Foods screws the local taxpayers out of hundreds of millions to support their low wage ignorant workforce as they pollute our environment and depress our wages yet they expect us all to kiss their arses for installing a Spanish speaking siren in Las Casitas park.

I refuse to kiss their dirty butts. I think the Spanish speaking workforce at Tyson should pack their belongings and head back to Mexihole where they belong.

United States

#2 Dec 1, 2011
I AGREE 100% and you you are right on ABOUT what it is doing to the school systems, we are now feeding there damn kids 3 meals a day, thus more US dollars going back to mexico. tyson is up to something, this is just blowing smoke over us all, while they bus more of the stinking mexicans and their fat ass pigs to the states to work here. jmo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Emporia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Parole denied for Milford murderer (Mar '09) Dec '17 Opal Miller 14
Council Grove citizens (Apr '08) Nov '17 PaPa and LaLa 9
News Water rates on city agenda (Dec '08) Sep '17 Okay 49
Moving! (Mar '17) Jul '17 cowboy 2
What to do when your loved one needs mental hea... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Jorgy 1
There's a controversial new book out, set in Em... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Mike Shapson 1
Hauntings in Emporia Ks (May '11) Nov '15 Penny 9

Emporia Jobs

Personal Finance

Emporia Mortgages